Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Greatsabers v0.2 at PCGamemods

Page: 1 of 1
 Ellderon
03-19-2005, 7:43 PM
Made some changes (read - IMPROVEMENTS)

- re-converted the hilts, as they were facing wrong.
- Moved the hilt up a bit to fix the charachter hand grabing the hilt too high (and clipping trough the crossguard) issue.
- added two more hilt textures
- changed the stats and added Ferdon Nadds saber

Download Here: http://www.pcgamemods.com/mod/11062.html)

Anyway, here are two screenies:
http://img130.exs.cx/img130/8545/k2000025an.jpg) (http://www.imageshack.us)
http://img130.exs.cx/img130/8804/k2000016ja.jpg) (http://www.imageshack.us)
 Darkkender
03-19-2005, 7:53 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Ellderon
[B]Made some changes (read - IMPROVEMENTS)

- re-converted the hilts, as they were facing wrong.
- Moved the hilt up a bit to fix the charachter hand grabing the hilt too high (and clipping trough the crossguard) issue.
- added two more hilt textures
- changed the stats and added Ferdon Nadds saber

Anyway, here are two screenies:

Right on getting mine now.
 Mono_Giganto
03-19-2005, 8:04 PM
I didn't like this idea at first, but you just got yourself a convert. :)
 Lorden Darkblade
03-19-2005, 8:08 PM
Same here, I don't know why or how to explain but these look better then the old one ;)
 tomwaz
03-19-2005, 11:43 PM
whenever i let the blade out, it just comes as weird white lines. Do you know the problem?
 Colma Adawin
03-20-2005, 3:09 AM
Originally posted by tomwaz
whenever i let the blade out, it just comes as weird white lines. Do you know the problem?

i had these problems when i was creating constant Sabre Blade colours, i found out that you could only work in a certain area, which happened to be a medium sized circle.

whenever i did the shape too big, it would come out in white lines, its every annoying.

or

i know absolutly nothing about this problem :xp:

hope this solves your problem, if any of this is related :(

MattCole
 RedHawke
03-20-2005, 4:18 AM
That saber looks really cool Ellderon! :D

Of course I will use a Red one...

*Click, Click* Got Mine! ;)
 Ajunta Pall
03-20-2005, 9:05 AM
Nice. Oh no, here comes that little voice tormenting me about not having TSL for the PC again.* Oh, and something in my head is annoying me, too.

* *points to Mattcole*
 Ellderon
03-20-2005, 4:32 PM
Originally posted by tomwaz

Uh..don't know about that one. I had no problems whatsoever with them.
 Frobby007
03-21-2005, 12:37 AM
i think i have a problem, in the game the gread saber has no texture, its just a white shape, now i had to combine the upcrystals/upgrade 2da (not sure which one but which ever came with the mod) and i had to change some of the areas under the short saber section, i figured this was ok since the mod changed the short saber models. I was just wondering if you could check to see if the 2das in your version 2 are correct.
 Frobby007
03-21-2005, 12:39 AM
also if the error is on my end feel free to beat me with a stick.
 RaV™
03-21-2005, 12:40 AM
Without having KOTOR for PC, it makes you think your a retard for not getting it for that, great job on the saber, and i suppose it comes in different colors?
 Ellderon
03-21-2005, 7:59 AM
Originally posted by Frobby007
i think i have a problem, in the game the gread saber has no texture, its just a white shape, now i had to combine the upcrystals/upgrade 2da (not sure which one but which ever came with the mod) and i had to change some of the areas under the short saber section, i figured this was ok since the mod changed the short saber models. I was just wondering if you could check to see if the 2das in your version 2 are correct.

didn't you read the readme?

There are 3 hilt textures to choose from - ghiltBLACK.tga, ghiltGREY.tga and ghiltWHITE.tga.

It is up to you to re-name the one you want (in your Override folder) to just ghilt.tga.

Yes, the greatsaber comes in all colours and work with normal in-game crsytals.
 Frobby007
03-21-2005, 4:14 PM
sorry, i did read it, i just failed to notice that part. Now after re reading it i feel like stupid person, please commence beating with a stick.
 Colma Adawin
03-22-2005, 2:54 AM
Originally posted by Ajunta Pall
Oh, and something in my head is annoying me, too.*

*points to Mattcole*

MUHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

MattCole
 Ellderon
03-22-2005, 4:15 AM
Is aynyone experiencing any problems with the Knockback?

I've played half the game with the sabers, and haven't knocked anyone over...
 Mono_Giganto
03-22-2005, 9:39 AM
Try raising the DC.
 Darth Smaug
03-22-2005, 10:07 AM
Looking good !
 Ellderon
03-23-2005, 6:02 AM
DC is 22...
hmm ..perhaps I was using it against too strong opponents (late in the game + hardcore MOD)
 Anastase
09-18-2006, 9:52 AM
Does anyone know where I can download this version? I have v0.1 and I cannot find the download for this at PCgamemods.com. I searched for Greatsabers, Great sabers, great, saber, and the author's name. I also went looking through the weapons and modifications sections.

I'd greatly appreciate it if anyone has a current link to v0.2 of this mod so I can try it. Thanks :)
 Darkkender
09-18-2006, 10:55 AM
Here is the link to the mod it was listed under a different username at PCGM.

http://www.pcgamemods.com/mod/11062.html)
 Anastase
09-18-2006, 1:18 PM
Thanks so much Darkkender. I really appreciate the link :)
 RedHawke
09-19-2006, 12:51 AM
Moved to the Mod Release forum...
 uzibear
09-20-2006, 4:06 AM
one thing i've always found with saber mods is that there seems to be a trend to make the hilts very large; perhaps it's to show off the design, but personally it doesn't feel right. if you download the "start the game with lightsaber" mod on pcgamemods, that hilt seems right to me, it's much smaller. anyone else feel this way? otherwise, those screenshots look lovely

my thinking is where you might need a solid grip with a sword because you have to force it though your target, with a LS it goes right through effortlessly more or less, which is what i like about the finesse of the weapon, delicate; but then again if you're LS vs LS than you'll be striking a "solid" target of opponents LS
 Addlcove
09-20-2006, 5:39 AM
well in this case hilts are supposed to be like those on a bastard sword and claymore, for two hands (well 1Ѕ on the bastard)
 mongerman
09-21-2006, 8:34 PM
Newb question here. Noticed it uses crystals.2da. Is this compatible with USM and redhawke's mods? If it is not, can someone tell me how to make it compatible? And since there are no 'two handed weapons feats', does the saber make use of 'dueling'?
 RedHawke
09-22-2006, 12:42 AM
Unfortunately mongerman, the mod maker Ellderon hasn't been online since May so I don't know if you are going to get an answer from him.

Your best bet is to check the USM compatibilities list (Found in the USM Release thread).

I know all my mods are compatible with the USM, and as I have since re-done my mods to use the TSL Patcher they are compatible with just about all other mods as well, provided you install them last after the non-patcher mods. ;)
 mongerman
09-22-2006, 1:13 AM
I've checked, and this mod is not listed as compatible with USM. And many thanks for the clarification, but as far as i know USM does not use the TSL patcher. Is there another way to make the 2 compatible?
 RedHawke
09-22-2006, 5:32 AM
Is there another way to make the 2 compatible?
The only way for you to do this, that I am familiar with anyway, is with KotOR Tool; open up the upcrystals.2da's from both mods and make new saber entries in one of the files. Copy the few greatsaber mod entries to the end of the larger USM upcrystals.2da file. Now you likely won't be able to copy and paste between the windows you will have to manually type the entries in, then save it over the one in your override.

Thankfully, KT allows you to have multiple 2da's open at the same time. Also upcrystals.2da is fairly easy to merge this way. Just a little typing and you should be good to go. ;)
 mongerman
09-22-2006, 6:07 AM
But wont the row numbers conflict? Espacially since baseitems.2da need to be modified as well.

Edit: For those who would like to know, I've confirmed that two handed sabers use the dueling feat. Finally somethng that makes dueling more powerful!
 Anastase
09-22-2006, 2:36 PM
This mod is causing me to crash when I try to enter Anchorhead. I didn't even think about this mod causing the problem, so last night I reinstalled Kotor thinking it must have been a corrupted file. When I loaded my save game and entered Anchorhead without this mod installed, I loaded just fine. When I reinstalled the mod it crashed on me again.

It's been working fine up until this point, I've had no crashes at all with the game. Has anyone else had this problem or know a fix for it?
 stoffe
09-22-2006, 2:47 PM
This mod is causing me to crash when I try to enter Anchorhead. I didn't even think about this mod causing the problem, so last night I reinstalled Kotor thinking it must have been a corrupted file. When I loaded my save game and entered Anchorhead without this mod installed, I loaded just fine. When I reinstalled the mod it crashed on me again.

It's been working fine up until this point, I've had no crashes at all with the game. Has anyone else had this problem or know a fix for it?

Anchorhead? As far as I know this mod is for KotOR2:TSL and not KotOR1. Since it includes model files those would need to be recreated with MdlOps, the 2DA file changes merged into KotOR1 copies and the UTI files recreated in order to make it work with KotOR1. If you try to use it as-is with KotOR1 that is likely the cause of your crashes. :)

(Though it's strange if it only crashes when entering Anchorhead, since this mod doesn't do anything specific to that module as far as I know.)
 Addlcove
09-22-2006, 5:35 PM
Stoffe, if anchorhead is the first place visited after jedi training complete it will also be the first place where a shortsaber is encountered, am quite certain they do not show up at any point on dantoine.
 RedHawke
09-23-2006, 1:23 AM
But wont the row numbers conflict?
upcrystals.2da row numbers are actually not used anywhere... this file can be merged without any issues.

Espacially since baseitems.2da need to be modified as well.
While I'm not sure, but I believe this mod only changes the short saber row in baseitems.2da... so you would only need to alter that.

But yes, normally baseitems.2da row numbers are connected to various item uti files and to merge mods that add new baseitem lines you have to edit the item files that come with the mod as well to point to the new baseitems.2da row number you create from merging the files. ;)
 Anastase
09-23-2006, 3:20 PM
Doh...for some reason I thought this was Kotor1. I guess I need to pay attention to the section I get mods from :lol: Thanks :)
Page: 1 of 1