Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

bout time there was

Page: 1 of 1
 warmonger180
03-18-2005, 11:51 PM
a site other than LAs and who got THX1138? wanna use it rather than this nic
 Kurgan
03-19-2005, 2:39 AM
Yeah, we've been around a lot longer than LucasArt's forums (they just introduced them in time for Battlefront, am I right?).

In fact, I was worried for this game we'd "lost" people to that forum. Still, even if I wasn't biased, I'd say I'd prefer to come here because we actually have a spoiler policy and try to cut down on the flaming and stupid posts. That and we don't have the same short limit on post length which would prevent me from enjoying my classic Force Long Postings. ;)

Anyway, it's no picnic running a popular forum, but we try to have fun just the same.

As to the names, well popular nicks like that get taken, so oh well I guess.

Btw, you might want to make more descriptive thread titles, just in case you actually want somebody to read and reply to them. Just a tip. ;)
 swphreak
03-19-2005, 1:10 PM
Yeah, LF has been here for years. And to be honest LF > LAF {Lucasarts Forums). The stuff I see on their forums is complete crap, and there is spam all over. LucasForums, on the otherhand, doesn't tolerate all that nonsense.
 Oidar
03-19-2005, 1:12 PM
LAF is awful. I mean good for them for getting something setup but they only seem to have on admin for their forums and he is seldom seen in action.
At least here you know people are keeping things under check.
 TK-8252
03-19-2005, 1:46 PM
Originally posted by Kurgan
Yeah, we've been around a lot longer than LucasArt's forums (they just introduced them in time for Battlefront, am I right?).

Actually they've got forums for all their other games too, so I imagine they've been around pretty long. It's just no one here bothered to look for LA forums until someone mentioned them for SWBF.
 Nokill
03-19-2005, 7:40 PM
 Kurgan
03-19-2005, 10:29 PM
Originally posted by TK-8252
Actually they've got forums for all their other games too, so I imagine they've been around pretty long. It's just no one here bothered to look for LA forums until someone mentioned them for SWBF.

Uh, when I go there all I see are forums for Star Wars Battlefront, Empire at War, Mercenaries, Republic Commando and KOTOR 2. I figured they were just doing it for the newer games.

http://forums.lucasarts.com/category.jspa?categoryID=10)

Other than tech support forums, feedback and announcements I don't see any others. Where are they?
 TK-8252
03-19-2005, 10:32 PM
Well they have a tech support forum for Jedi Outcast, so they could have been around since the days of Jedi Outcast, which would be a few years.
 El Sitherino
03-20-2005, 12:45 AM
Originally posted by Nokill
http://www.dvdbase.cz/tituly/SWEP1/NewPic/THX1138.jpg)

thats 1138 :o
Where'd that come from? o_O

Anyway, hello.
 Nokill
03-20-2005, 2:18 PM
Originally posted by InsaneSith
Where'd that come from? o_O

Anyway, hello.

don't tell me you where not talking aboud this droid

what the poo is 1138 then??? o.O
 warmonger180
03-20-2005, 3:33 PM
THX 1138 is a character from a lucas movie of the same name. also it's his directorial debut. good movie too
 El Sitherino
03-20-2005, 7:27 PM
Originally posted by Nokill
don't tell me you where not talking aboud this droid

what the poo is 1138 then??? o.O No, he was asking who had the name. Noone mentioned a droid or anything of the like. :\
 Kurgan
03-20-2005, 10:02 PM
Originally posted by warmonger180
THX 1138 is a character from a lucas movie of the same name. also it's his directorial debut. good movie too

Yeah, and he's made it his "director's trademark" since THX-1138 was his first film (the theatrical one (http://imdb.com/title/tt0066434/) was based on a student film http://imdb.com/title/tt0062331/) he made earlier). So references to it have appeared in plenty of his movies (Star Wars and Empire Strikes Back, and as you saw TPM as well, though I hadn't seen that one before).

Supposedly it's in all his movies. Other in jokes like this are done by other directors all the time.

So if you are a Lucas fan and you want to use that as your forum name, good luck. I'm sure it's well used!
 Cheech Marin
03-20-2005, 10:24 PM
The 1138 references are also in many Star Wars games, including Republic Commando and Jedi Knight II: Jedi Outcast.
 Kurgan
03-21-2005, 6:44 PM
Originally posted by TK-8252
Well they have a tech support forum for Jedi Outcast, so they could have been around since the days of Jedi Outcast, which would be a few years.

Well that's not what I'm talking about, and I'm sure that's not what was meant above either. There's a world of difference between a Tech support board and a Community forum for a game.

So LucasArts didn't have any community forums until very recently, with their last batch of games.

Btw, what was the THX reference in JK2? I don't seem to remember, unless it was the name of some Stormtrooper (that would be too easy). ;)
 Cheech Marin
03-21-2005, 7:57 PM
The name of the transport that Kyle climbed aboard and used to infiltrate the Cairn Installation was called Automated Transport 1-138.
Page: 1 of 1