Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

subtle darkside change mod

Page: 1 of 1
 Flashblade
03-13-2005, 7:02 AM
This is actually more of a request, whether somebody would want such a mod. I did it for myself because to tell the truth I don't like the darkside transitions in tsl or kotor. It takes things to far in to short a period of time. Yes the darkside of the force drains it user, but looking at Palpatine, he was the Dark Lord of the Sith for years without showing any sign of darkside corruption and it just screams darkside so loud that you wonder why npcs should trust you at all. Therefore for me it makes no sense to look like your character is about to fall apart after being exposed to the effect so short a time.

In my mod the only thing you will notice is a change in the eyes during the first transition. I'm quite sure you will love those eyes because, they made a shiver run down my back, when I saw them on Anakin in the EpIII teaser. The second transition is actually the first in the game with really intense darkside eyes. Atton, Disciple, Handmaiden and Mira will have the same changes as well.

On the other hand since I have ds face textures for every playable character and the before mentioned npcs this is going to be quite big (20megs) and that for a rather small change.

Here for some screenshots:

From normal to final transition

http://people.freenet.de/Mech3/fchtrans.jpg)

handmaiden with her final ds looks

http://people.freenet.de/Mech3/hndmdse.jpg)

This mod has been released. Enjoy :)

http://www.pcgamemods.com/mod/10999.html)
 Darth333
03-13-2005, 8:53 AM
I like :)

Just make sure you get Dath_Tomer's permission to use his mod prior to releasing amod that uses part of his work ;)
 Arlen Treesong
03-13-2005, 8:58 AM
Originally posted by Darth333
I like :)

Just make sure you get Dath_Tomer's permission to use his mod prior to releasing amod that uses part of his work ;)
I should definitely read the Forum Rules (http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=127725)...or) I could get banned if I use other people's work without their permission.
 Flashblade
03-13-2005, 9:47 AM
Yeah there is a change as stated Atton gets the eyes as well ;). I hope Darth Tomer reads pm's!
 sepharih
03-13-2005, 10:25 AM
Nice job. I did something like this for myself on my personal player model but I never thought of doing it for everyone. I still hate the veins in the second screenshot of the female pc. I love what you did with the handmaiden though. In her final darkside transition she just looked weird and scary. Now she looks scary and sexy. I love Darth_Tomer's atton mod also, he didn't even look scary in his final transition, just veiny.
 Palpatine_dc
03-13-2005, 12:05 PM
Great idea, I don't like the DS transitions as they are, you look more like a zombie instead of a Sith. Your mod looks like what I think it should be.

Thumbs up! :thmbup1:
 Hades_One
03-13-2005, 12:25 PM
So, where is this mod. :D
 sketch42
03-13-2005, 1:41 PM
probably still waiting on Darth_Tomers permission
 Flashblade
03-13-2005, 1:44 PM
Originally posted by Hades_One
So, where is this mod. :D

Thx for all your kind words. Everything is ready to go, just waiting for the go ahead from Darth Tomer ;). As for the final darkside transition, I think the first works for that. At this point you are really an incredible bad person and the darkside takes its toll and it is shown nicely through this. On the other hand I have to leave that one in. I can only say playing a female don't dance for Vogga the Hutt after the first transition. Do it before or after it or let Mira/Handmaiden do it. It will look truelly horrible with my mod. Sadly there is absolutely nothing I can do to fix this. The darkside dancers outfit is always selected from the standard game resources. You can put in your Override directory what you want, it won't be used. Only Obsidian could fix this, but I don't see it happen, since they don't support modding.
 Flashblade
03-16-2005, 10:53 AM
It's been three days, since I emailed Darth_Tomer and still no response. That is why I have decided to remove his content and instead create ds Atton looks myself, to not needlessly delay the release of the mod any longer. I think it works quite well.

I worked on all the other textures a little more as well. The first darkside transition is now a little more visible because it drains some color from the skin and I reduced the ds effects of the final, lessening the veins on the skin etc.

Screenshots Updated (again)

(Didn't like the last screens way to dark)

From normal to final transition

http://people.freenet.de/Mech3/fchtrans.jpg)
 sepharih
03-16-2005, 5:29 PM
That looks awsome! I really love how that looks! I see you left the veins in but I actually really like how they look now! Their very very subtle, not something you notice at first, only if you look really carefully, it really adds a lot to the effect. This is heading straight for my Overide Folder when you're done.
 Flashblade
03-16-2005, 6:43 PM
Well Sepharih look on the first post. There you find the download link ;)
 FunSolo
03-16-2005, 7:49 PM
im not sayin that often: but this is just awesome. much more thasn just *eye-candy*:lsduel:
 Flashblade
03-17-2005, 10:07 AM
Thx FunSolo I am glad you like it :)
 cleatus21
07-08-2007, 3:57 AM
Hey I would really like this mod, but pcgamemods has gone down and i can't find this anywhere if someone could show me a link that would be great thank you :)

Hello cleatus21, the sad news is that Fon Solo hasn't been here since febuary or so, and since we cannot host his mod somehwere without his permission his mod might be gone for good. :( -RH
Page: 1 of 1