Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Finally accused of cheating, how about you?

Page: 1 of 2
 Kurgan
03-10-2005, 6:54 PM
So far in the 6 days I've played this game I've had at least two people accuse me of using a "Speed Hack." And one other person wondered if my server allowed "hacker."

I'm not sure if such individuals are confused by the default "speed: 100%" of the servers, just don't know MP (the fact that certain guns let you move faster than others while they are held) or they were just amazed at my strafe jumping ability, but it was definately annoying.

Needless to say these were games where I was winning by a considerable margin, or at least consistently killing such people.

Finally, at least two people have whined about guns. They want all explosive weapons nerfed in the patch. They've also demanded I not use the Heavy Repeater because it's "cheap." ;)

Another time I was playing Assault and my team was successfully defending our base on that one dark map with the theme similar to the demo (sorry I haven't learned the names of the map yet). The other team whined that by using the Anti Armor and Shotgun, we were being "cheap." LoL!

Now nobody knows how to boot players yet, but even if they could, this was my server. These folks obviously didn't know who I was, or how to play the game (the cheat accusers). The "nerf" whiners did know how to play the game, but it was annoying nonetheless. If they had their way you could only use the default Commando guns (sans the Anti Armor).

I think it's funny that people are already making excuses for when they lose, when the game has been out for only 10 days. Instead of just learning to play, they get pissy (calling names, accusations) or leave after you kill them once or twice, emptying out a game.

I noticed somebody on the LucasArts forums whining that he thought the Trando guns were "nerfed" and thus "unbalanced." Yet I have seen nothing to convince me that the starting Trando rifle (the Repeater) is any different in MP than the Commando blaster, except in terms of aesthetics. They also get the same pistol, and have all the same other abilities. Some people who are inexperienced (as we all are, but even moreso than people like me) jump to all sorts of conclusions in order to justify their not winning all the time.

Anyway, post your sore loser stories here...
 Oidar
03-10-2005, 7:28 PM
I've been called a hacker twice, first time cause I was using the unreal dodge and no one seemed to know about it or be using it, the second time cause I was playing as a trando and had 38 kills and something like 4 deaths. Stupid people seem to forget about the bacta packs and the idea of hit and run, not wild west 12noon shoot out with the sheriff.

I look at being called a hacker like this, if the other person(or people) suck so bad that they feel the only dignified way to make themselves feel better is by calling you a totally BS name then fine. Just proves how good you are and how much they really sucks.

I have no sympathy for anyone that says guns need to be nerfed or that certain sides have an advantage over another. Those people always seem to ruin perfectly good games with their BS claims anyway.
 TK-8252
03-10-2005, 8:01 PM
We really need an admin mod to deal with these lamers. Pistol = Peace!

:p

I was labeled a "type killer" once. :)
 Kurgan
03-10-2005, 8:43 PM
Type killer? Lol.

Too funny. I've had people say "I wasn't ready!" or "I was out of ammo!" but they never kept on, like it should be a rule or something. They just sucked it up and continued playing or left in frustration (I guess to find a server where they could win without so much trouble).

It hasn't been too bad, but some people just make me laugh with their sorry excuses.

I know that in this game you have spawn invulnerability, because I've attacked spawning people and they took at least 3 or 4 "one hit kill" moves before going down.

I think it's like in UT2k4, where you are invulnerable for a set time, but as soon as you attack, it is gone and you can be hurt like normal.
 Oidar
03-10-2005, 10:05 PM
Another thing that drives me absolutly mad, I was just playing on a server with a friend of mine. It was ctf and we were doing ok, we were losing but doing it with dignity and the guy hosting the game started to egg us on, I got slightly ticked and started to pick up the kills using nothing but the trando repeater and DC-17. After I got to 16 kills He sends the most vile message accross the screen and closes the server. WTF 'eh. Some people can't stand being beating at their own game. Especially when the other person is doing it using nothing but a blaster. I am by no means uber in this game I get 30 kills and consider that quite good but this guy was just being an ass. Nothing worse than 12yr olds hosting their own server, they lose they whine they shut the thing down.

Can't wait for some real servers or just a server that is being ran but someone that doesn't still attend junior high.

(nothing against anyone thats young(16yrs or younger) on here but some people really can't take losing well and usually its the young ones.)
 Nokill
03-11-2005, 1:20 AM
i only accused one person of chating he had 30 headshots in 2 min and i only gotten one kill and din't see anyone else

next time ill make a screen i think i whas yust shoked :o
 Kurgan
03-11-2005, 3:43 AM
I have seen no evidence of cheating yet in this game, so I think people are just paranoid (well, more likely just sore losers).

Is it so amazing that somebody can seem to be "good" through practice? The game hasn't been out yet, but I've become pretty good in only 6 days. It's not impossible.

And in a typical game you're bound to hear a lot of "headshot" stuff unless people favor explosives and other scatter shot type weapons.
 BeBop
03-11-2005, 12:30 PM
Once jokingly, once seriously. The one time where they really accused me I jumped off a catwalk and shot and killed them while falling with a Shotgun. Hey, it is a spread shot weapon, aside from that no real problems I've had.
 ZBomber
03-11-2005, 7:28 PM
I suck too much to be accused of cheating. Fair enough? ;)
 Fds
03-11-2005, 9:40 PM
howether there is a difference between the dc17 and the trando merc assault rifle...

the trando one sound is very ugly... lol :D
 Nokill
03-12-2005, 6:22 AM
its nice im teams and your republic and you got a trendo rifle sometimes thay thing you are on there team *BANG* not :D
 Kurgan
03-14-2005, 2:22 AM
Why would somebody be looking at your gun and not the model you're using? Oh well... hehe, bang! ; )
 Joetheeskimo
03-14-2005, 7:28 AM
People who want all explosive weapons piss me off like hell. There's no strategy in whipping grenades and blasting rockets like a psycho. This one guy was annoying me this way to such an extent that I chased him, dodged his stupid rockets and grenades, and took him down with a DC-15. :D It was the greatest moment of my life. :D
 Kurgan
03-14-2005, 9:16 AM
Originally posted by joetheeskimo5
People who want all explosive weapons piss me off like hell. There's no strategy in whipping grenades and blasting rockets like a psycho. This one guy was annoying me this way to such an extent that I chased him, dodged his stupid rockets and grenades, and took him down with a DC-15. :D It was the greatest moment of my life. :D

There's actually a lot of skill involved. Anybody can toss a grenade or a rocket. It's the ones who can nail the enemy with them every time, no matter how much they run and jump that are good. I almost ruined myself on players who wouldn't dodge in the first week. Now people have caught on. ;)

Anyway, the point of Deathmatch isn't to show who has the most 'skill' (such a thing can't really be measured objectively can it? almost like measuring who has more 'honor' or something), but rather who can get the most points in the shortest time. And blowing up two people at once over and over is a good way to do that. Long range guns obviously have their uses, and people use those too. Assault/CTF is another story of course, where it's about captures, not kills.
 Nokill
03-14-2005, 9:28 AM
Originally posted by Kurgan
Why would somebody be looking at your gun and not the model you're using? Oh well... hehe, bang! ; )

i mean if your behind them shooting them :p
thay think your on the same team :D
 Kurgan
03-14-2005, 9:49 AM
Originally posted by Nokill
i mean if your behind them shooting them :p
thay think your on the same team :D

Good ol' teammates, always shooting us in the back, eh?
 Shok_Tinoktin
03-14-2005, 3:46 PM
Good ol' teammates, always shooting us in the back, eh?

Yes they are!!! Don't know how many times I've had that happen. Of course, I always turn around to figure out if I have to kill the thing that's killing me.
 Joetheeskimo
03-14-2005, 3:51 PM
Speaking of which, if I turn friendly fire off in my own settings, does that mean allies' fire doesn't hurt me as well?
 TK-8252
03-14-2005, 4:12 PM
The only place that explosives get annoying is on that one CTF map on Kashyyyk, with that big bridge between the two bases. It turns into a thermal war on the bridge and that's all anyone does on that map!
 Shok_Tinoktin
03-14-2005, 6:09 PM
Originally posted by TK-8252
The only place that explosives get annoying is on that one CTF map on Kashyyyk, with that big bridge between the two bases. It turns into a thermal war on the bridge and that's all anyone does on that map!

Thats not annoying if you just go under the bridge and go into their base virtually unnoticed and unharassed. Explosives dont annoy me, I just make my way into melee range, and 90% of the time, the person just blows him/herself up.
 tommygunner
03-14-2005, 6:45 PM
Yeah that works out for me too... this one time I ran into their base with a pistol and took 2 guys out and brought the flag back to base.:D
 Oidar
03-14-2005, 7:12 PM
Kurgan tried using a lose hack tonight but it didn't work.:D
 Kurgan
03-15-2005, 12:03 AM
Originally posted by Oidar
Kurgan tried using a lose hack tonight but it didn't work.:D

Yeah.. some cheater I turned out to be~! ;)
 lukeiamyourdad
03-16-2005, 10:05 AM
i only accused one person of chating he had 30 headshots in 2 min and i only gotten one kill and din't see anyone else

next time ill make a screen i think i whas yust shoked :o

Totally possible. I've done it and I don't cheat.
 Nokill
03-16-2005, 12:30 PM
it whas a big map :o

and where you also the only guy whit more then 2 kills?
 lukeiamyourdad
03-16-2005, 2:07 PM
I wasn't whoever you're talking about. I'm just saying it's possible to get 30 headshots.
 Nokill
03-16-2005, 2:33 PM
i know that but i never seen anyone not trowing a grenade first and maby killing one

but 30 head shots in only 2 min and 0 kills of yourself and not even killing anyone whit a grenade :o
 Kurgan
03-16-2005, 4:30 PM
He could have just had good aim, a good ping, and been playing some noobs. It happens! ;)

In first few days of playing this game it seems like there were tons of headshots all the time, but now I rarely see them. In fact in the last couple of days I haven't heard it say it once. I hit people in the head, but I don't see any message like before.

Another bug?
 Joetheeskimo
03-16-2005, 5:08 PM
He could have just had good aim, a good ping, and been playing some noobs. It happens! ;)

In first few days of playing this game it seems like there were tons of headshots all the time, but now I rarely see them. In fact in the last couple of days I haven't heard it say it once. I hit people in the head, but I don't see any message like before.

Another bug?

Seems so, I'm not hearing it nearly as much....
 Kurgan
03-16-2005, 11:17 PM
Some folks asked me if hacks were being used tonight.

They never give any reasons why either, they just spit out the words: hacks, hacker, speed hack, hack hack hack.

GIVE IT UP!!!! NOBODY IS HACKING YOU DORKS!!!

Sorry, somebody had to say it. Sadly none of the people who really need to hear it will read this.
 Nokill
03-17-2005, 1:25 AM

thanks for calling me a noob :p
 Joetheeskimo
03-17-2005, 7:31 AM
There are times when I have impulses to say "you cheat"! It's a subconscious instict when it seems as if a guy is getting one-hit kills all the time. But once he gets killed off himself, I decide he's just as normal as the others :D
 Sifandor
03-17-2005, 10:02 PM
There was this retard in one of the games one of those people who think their skills will be long remembered by the gaming community.....yeah total idiot. Anyway he was hosting a server and i came in and started playing. I had just gotten on the game for the day and was not warmed up. The whole time he was bragging about how he was firs. He was winning all first place in DM for 3 straight games. I finally got the drop on him 10-2 The game session suddenly was no longer available..... Why would you play for fame instead of fun....and if your going to show off WIN! dont let someone MURDER YOU! any way i feel that this game needs players who are more apt to STICK TOGETHER... I have seen huge turn arounds from people buddying up....(sigh) cool story eh???
 LukeKatarn
03-17-2005, 10:49 PM
Hye, I'm 11, and yo uwon't see me complaining about not winning. It's a stupid game. ((I mean it's a game, it's not stupid :D)) Speed Hack detected messages have appeared twice on my TV ((I play X-box)) and I don't even knwo hot to hack. Very annoying. i hate it when peopel brag, the ndie and quit. It's SO annoying. I think squads in normal death match would be nice. Try not to kill your squad while killing the other guys.
 Kurgan
03-18-2005, 10:17 PM
thanks for calling me a noob :p

Present company excepted of course!

I'm more inclined to think we're all noobs in this game, just some of us might be a little more noob than others.

How'se that? ;)
 ZBomber
03-18-2005, 11:01 PM
My noobness exceeds yours ten fold, Kurgan. :p You see how I was float/jumping up to that wookie rocket thing in that MP game awhile back? :p
 Kurgan
03-19-2005, 3:31 AM
Originally posted by ZBomber
My noobness exceeds yours ten fold, Kurgan. :p You see how I was float/jumping up to that wookie rocket thing in that MP game awhile back? :p

Takes great timing to get up there. It's harder than it looks, seriously!

;)
 LukeKatarn
03-19-2005, 11:25 AM
It is hard. I still can't figure out how to do it. I get so close then my moon jump anti grav thing goes out. :(
 Oidar
03-19-2005, 11:48 AM
Getting to that rocket for me the first few times was a pain in the butt. I figured that once you pass to far to the side you drop quite rapidly, this due to the fact your not in the low grav area anymore. Best suggestion I can give is to try a deathmatch game on your own, host it as a lan session and keep trying. I had to do that to figure it out.
 Kurgan
03-19-2005, 1:29 PM
Yeah, for me the best way seems to be to start at the bottom "rung" (on the ground) of the low Gravity area thing. Run forward and jump while holding forward. As you go and you are just in the right spot, strafe and move with your mouse to the side to land right in the rocket/sniper area. You have to do it at the last second so the momentum carries you.

This works for me, but maybe like 3 out of every 4 attempts.

The other way trying to get up there is just hopping into the anti grav "rung" right next to the hole and trying to get it to let you up. But that only seems to work 1 out of every 10 times. It's nearly impossible in a game.

There might be an easier way (I see some people doing it with throwing their view around wildly, I don't know if it gives them more momentum or not), but feel free to share it. ;)
 Nokill
03-19-2005, 7:44 PM
Present company excepted of course!

I'm more inclined to think we're all noobs in this game, just some of us might be a little more noob than others.

How'se that? ;)

i coud reanimate myself again... :o
and try to live whit that fact ;)
 Shok_Tinoktin
03-20-2005, 4:31 AM
The best way I found to get to the rocket launcher area is to start at the bottom/outside of the ramp. Then look at the ground and run forward. When you get to the end of the ramp, quickly switch to looking straight up, and jump. When you get kinda close, turn to face the area, and make sure you dont go too far. That works most of the time for me.
 Kurgan
03-20-2005, 1:52 PM
Originally posted by Shok_Tinoktin
The best way I found to get to the rocket launcher area is to start at the bottom/outside of the ramp. Then look at the ground and run forward. When you get to the end of the ramp, quickly switch to looking straight up, and jump. When you get kinda close, turn to face the area, and make sure you dont go too far. That works most of the time for me.

I've seen people do this, but I have one question: are you holding any kind of movement keys when you're doing this, or are you only using the mouse to move after you leap off? Because with my method I'm strafing and moving forward the whole time. I just wondered if that was even necessary.
 Kurgan
03-20-2005, 2:30 PM
Btw, I had a few people claim today that there was actually a MESSAGE saying "Speed Hack Detected" when they joined my server.

I'm very curious about this and am going to experiment going to different servers.

They have been claiming this for awhile and I always use the same settings. So I wonder.

I have a couple of theories right off the bat, assuming these people aren't lying:

1) They are using some warez or cracked version of the game which is giving these messages in error.

or

2) It's an actual bug in the game that occurs sometimes and people are assuming I'm cheating as a result.

or

3) The people JOINING have a speed hack, and the game is detecting that THEY are the ones trying to cheat, not me.

It's odd because first off I'm NOT cheating (anyone reading this far knows or knows me realizes that) and second, this game didn't advertise any sort of cheat protection being built in like Punkbuster. So why would it display that message?

The problem with #3 is that it assumes a "speed hack" exists, which I've seen no evidence for, in such an early game. That would mean there was a speed hack cheat available on the 'net four days after release. I suppose it could have been developed by the warez pirates early on, but who knows. It seems accusations of the speed hack exist, but not the speed hack itself. Also, it would not make much sense, because it would assume that RC has built in cheat protection that nobody decided to talk about.

Btw, the other night I got somebody whining about getting killed while typing. They thought this game should have a chatbox appear over your head like in JA or the patched versions of JK2. LoL! I totally called that one.. remember this:

http://strategy.jediknight.net/pictures/rc/commandoz3.jpg)

Anyway, another person when I killed them said "Heh, I had pistol out" to which I replied with a joke about "Saber Off = Peace" so they got the point. ;)
 lukeiamyourdad
03-20-2005, 4:49 PM
You could request them to take a screenshot and post in somewhere(like here). Other then that, they can't really claim anything.
 TK-8252
03-20-2005, 4:55 PM
I did once see a "Speed Hack Detected" message come at the bottom of my screen, not sure what it meant... the server was really laggy at the time so it could have just been an error.
 Kurgan
03-20-2005, 5:39 PM
Originally posted by lukeiamyourdad
You could request them to take a screenshot and post in somewhere(like here). Other then that, they can't really claim anything.

A very very good idea. Many people don't know how to take screenshots, but even the old Alt+Printscreen and then paste into a paint program should do the trick.

So those who have seen it, where does it appear?
 LukeKatarn
03-20-2005, 5:55 PM
I've seen it. It appears at the bottom of the screen. And I don't cheat, not ever in any multiplayer game I've played.
 ZBomber
03-20-2005, 6:22 PM
Who knows, maybe its a bug that'll be fixed in the patch. :)
 Kurgan
03-20-2005, 7:53 PM
Originally posted by LukeKatarn
I've seen it. It appears at the bottom of the screen. And I don't cheat, not ever in any multiplayer game I've played.

I mean like, does it appear in the window where you pick your team in-game, or is it like on the loading screen where it loads the map?

Does it appear in all game modes? Just on my server?

It may be a bug after all. Here I was assuming people were just accusing me of cheating because I ran around fast or something. ;)

Hope it gets fixed...
Page: 1 of 2