Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

[TSL Mod] Prestige Allies & 5 New Robes...

Page: 1 of 1
 SuperSquall
03-10-2005, 3:15 PM
I wasn't aware of any in-game way of training your allies to be Prestige Class Jedi or Sith. So I made one. Here is how it works:

Get to the point where you can train your ally to be a Jedi (get the influence and the plot triggers needed):
1 -Train them
2 - You get a character specific robe for them, including Han Solo-esque garments for Bao Dur that let him use Force Powers *and* stay alive.

3a - If they are Lightside (good-evil of 70+) they become a Jedi Prestige Class
3b - If they are neutral (70 - 30) they become their basic Jedi Class
3c - If they are Darkside (30-) they become their equivalent Sith prestige class.

The robes/garments are all roughly as good as maybe Nomi's Robe. Perhaps a little better. :p They all have their own skins and are original items as well.

To view screenshots and download them just go to my mod site (http://pyrology.tuxable.com/kotor/).

Enjoy! :)

EDIT: For the record I haven't tested this with Handmaiden, though I tested out her robe and Bao Dur was fine when he became a Weapon Master, so I don't expect trouble.
 Keneth
03-10-2005, 3:34 PM
Quite a nice mod, I'll try it out when I get the chance.
 Daebryn
03-10-2005, 4:53 PM
Cool.

I was just thinking of doing something like this last night.

Now I don't have to.

:p

Now if someone can just get Boa-dur to wear robes...
 SuperSquall
03-10-2005, 5:29 PM
Originally posted by Daebryn
Now if someone can just get Boa-dur to wear robes... I did what I could with his non-Force restricting armor, but I think to get him to wear robes there would have to be some model tinkering.
 Emperor Devon
03-10-2005, 7:30 PM
Bao-Dur can wear robes if you use KSE - but I heard his head floats several inches above the robes. :xp:
 SuperSquall
03-10-2005, 9:53 PM
Originally posted by Emperor Devon
Bao-Dur can wear robes if you use KSE - but I heard his head floats several inches above the robes. :xp: You speak the truth. I think someone suggested that he had his own models with various items and I think the evidence agrees with that. Either way, this bypasses it.

If someone knows a way of making the "Freedom of Movement" item option actually grant freedom of movement (and use of force powers) I'd like to know. :)
 envida
03-10-2005, 10:44 PM
Cool mod! I was actually working on something pretty similar minus the robes. Guess I can stop now :D
 Mav
03-11-2005, 3:42 AM
Sounds cool I'll have to try it out
 Syphid
03-14-2005, 8:22 AM
Awesome mod!
 ninjaguy
03-14-2005, 10:27 AM
i gave this mod a try, right before i got atton to go jedi, and for some strange reason he got his robe, but he didn't get his new sentinel class, so hes still a scoundrel. I gave it a couple more tries, and it gave me the same conclusion. I'll probably just add the sentinel class with KSE and quickly run through the rest of the game to see how it fairs out. hope this helps
 JacenPrime
03-14-2005, 10:31 AM
Yeah, same exact thing happened to me...
 SuperSquall
03-15-2005, 12:13 AM
Mod updated, give it a shot...
 ninjaguy
03-15-2005, 4:28 AM
luckily I still have that save, tried it and it worked like a charm. I guess I'll start from this save again. Great work. I'm running through with the hardcore mod on insane so I'm still gonna expect them to die err... alot. But it is a great addition and certainly gives a little more reason for the me to drag them along except for Kreia who does 90% of the talking. All in all Excellent mod.
 Lorden Darkblade
03-15-2005, 12:45 PM
Very nice mod :)
Nice work SuperSquall :p
 theBlind
03-16-2005, 6:24 AM
Just a word of warning: don't use this with a save where someoe has already trained to be a Jedi - it will break the game then.
 SuperSquall
03-16-2005, 2:30 PM
Originally posted by theBlind
Just a word of warning: don't use this with a save where someoe has already trained to be a Jedi - it will break the game then. Could you tell me about this? What happens?

I figured it should be just fine since all I did was use the same makejedi script the game uses - all options to access it again should be gone when they become Jedi without the mod...
 ninjaguy
03-16-2005, 5:04 PM
Originally posted by theBlind
Just a word of warning: don't use this with a save where someoe has already trained to be a Jedi - it will break the game then.

hmm are you sure about this? My save had bao dur already a jedi, and i finished just fine.
 SuperSquall
03-17-2005, 5:29 PM
theBlind do you have a non-English version of KotOR II? That might be the real reason why it didn't work.
 Malak_Jedi
08-09-2007, 3:37 AM
I downloaded SuperSqualls mod called "readme-SS-Prestige-Padawans"

http://knightsoftheoldrepublic.filefront.com/file/SS_Prestige_Padawans;41128)

http://towelmanstudios.com/kotor/)

One thing is botheing me when does the changes occur, do they occur, pary members should become Jedi Knights i start a new game put the files in The Override folder and oh, Attonis sill a scoundrel, a soldier and no jedi .
Is thta a matter of time or what.

If somebody has experience with that please post or send me a message.
 jonathan7
08-09-2007, 7:10 AM
I downloaded SuperSqualls mod called "readme-SS-Prestige-Padawans"

http://towelmanstudios.com/kotor/)

One thing is botheing me when does the changes occur, do they occur, pary members should become Jedi Knights i start a new game put the files in The Override folder and oh, Attonis sill a scoundrel, a soldier and no jedi .
Is thta a matter of time or what.

If somebody has experience with that please post or send me a message.

A Prestige class is when you pick; Jedi Master, Jedi Weapon Master and Jedi Watchman... so you still have to make your party members Jedi, and then having read the above blurb your alignment reaches a certain point you can turn them to a prestige class. May I suggest you read the readme... 95% of problems with mods occur because people don't bother to read the readme.
 Malak_Jedi
08-09-2007, 9:03 AM
I understand what you say , I knew tha but when are they Jedi thats what I am asking!
:blaze6:

Author: SuperSquall
Date: March 6, 2005
Mod: Prestige Padawans v1.2

Note:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
In KotOR II you will be given the option of training many of your allies to become Jedi Knights. By default each character is set to become a basic Jedi class - this mod gives you the option of making your allies multiclass to Prestige Jedi Classes. If an ally has an alignment of over 70 (light side) they will become the Jedi Prestige class, if they have an alignment of below 30 (dark side) they will become the Sith prestige class. Anything in the middle and they will become the basic Jedi Class. When they become Jedi you will also be given a brand new robe that is character specific (so when Atton becomes a Jedi you will get a robe just for Atton).

v1.2
Attempted to fix a bug that led to some players getting the robe but not the multiclass.

V1.1 revisions:
Attempted a bug fix that was in the script that prevented characters from becoming dark side classes.

Installation:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
In this RAR file there is a directory called "Override". Just put everything in that directory in your KOTOR 2 Override directory. If you haven't created a folder called "Override" in your KotOR 2 directory than just copy the folder into your KotOR 2 directory. Once you've done that you'll be ready to go. Start a new game and play away.

Uninstallation:
Delete all of the included files from your override directory.

Compatibility:
There may be filename conflicts if you have other mods that add new robes. If someone picked the same filenames as I did then you will have to decide which Mod you want, or Mod your way around the problem.

Thank You:
On this mod in particular: Fred Tetra (KT), and TK102 (KSE, scripting tutorials). Big thanks to everyone else at Holowan, as pretty much all of the regulars there are extremely helpful for all modding.

Disclaimer:
Use of this mod is at your own risk. By using this mod you accept responsibility for what it does. If this mod causes your life (or any part of it) to go bad, it isn't my fault.

You can contact me (SuperSquall) at LucasForums in the Holowan Laboratories Forum:
http://www.lucasforums.com/forumdisplay.php?s=&forumid=324)

Here id the Answer , but my question stands anyway.??????????????????????????

Get to the point where you can train your ally to be a Jedi (get the influence and the plot triggers needed):
:cry8:
where are this points , why couldnt hi just write that...????!!!!!!angry sharks.............:chainsaw:
 jonathan7
08-09-2007, 9:37 AM
If an ally has an alignment of over 70 (light side) they will become the Jedi Prestige class, if they have an alignment of below 30 (dark side) they will become the Sith prestige class. Anything in the middle and they will become the basic Jedi Class.

No need to get angry, there isn't a fixed point in the game when they become Jedi as it alignment dependant... You can edit their alignment number so that they become Jedi with KSE, or wait for it to happen ingame. Alignment is caused by influence; and them progressing with your Charachter.

Thinking about it, it would seem you haven't played the game before; you have to talk to Atton, and have influence over him to convert him to a Jedi, then when he has become a Jedi you can give him a Prestige Class with this mod.
 JediRevan
08-09-2007, 10:26 AM
Is there another place to get the mod? I click the link and get taken a website named tuxable.
 jonathan7
08-09-2007, 10:39 AM
Is there another place to get the mod? I click the link and get taken a website named tuxable.

e-varmint
08-09-2007, 11:25 AM
:cry8:
where are this points , why couldnt hi just write that...????!!!!!!angry sharks.............:chainsaw:

Mods are typically produced by, and for, people who have played the game multiple times, and are bored with it. This one is obviously designed for players who are familiar with the various scenarios under which other party members are trained to become jedi. Therefore, it is not necessary for the author to include the information that you are looking for in the readme file.

I am not saying that your question is unreasonable, but you should show some restraint with your approach to getting an answer. Some suggested reading:

http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=169078)
 Prime
08-09-2007, 7:58 PM

Where is, arethose points, this point SuperSquall, just write it down
:fire2:Watch the tone. This is warning.
 Gargoyle King
08-09-2007, 10:17 PM

Where is, arethose points, this point SuperSquall, just write it down
:fire2:Dude, ya need to calm down a bit, flaming will get you NOWHERE!! Have you even played TSL? Well i suggest you COMPLETE the game first before you flame someone with your lack of knowledge for the game. Complete the game, and you'll know where your party members become "Jedi". Besides it all depends on influence, some characters are really restricted to the light side i.e. Bao-Dur whom is quite the pain to turn to the DS (i don't even think it's possible, but i'm sure someone will prove me wrong, someone always does! :lol: ). Therefore to answer your question you are obviously really insistent about this mod will work when you have the required influence with a certain party member to turn them into a Jedi (Atton's the easiest i think). But instead of becoming just your basic guardian, you'll get a prestige class for the character (Sith Marauder etc. depending on alignment). To note i think it's impossible to turn all your members into Jedi/Sith as you can't (to the best of my knowledge) have 100% influence with everyone; so to get the most out of the mod it is perhaps best to use an influence mod cheat in the game.
 Carodej
09-12-2007, 2:27 AM
i.e. Bao-Dur whom is quite the pain to turn to the DS (i don't even think it's possible, but i'm sure someone will prove me wrong, someone always does! :lol: )

If you do your influence options with Bao-Dur sooner rather than later (because they are LS), then you should have plenty of DS actions left in the game to have a DS Exile. As long Bao-Dur doesn't have a reaction to your DS actions (because he is not in the active party, or the DS action doesn't influence Bao-Dur normally, etc.), your influence will remain high with Bao-Dur and he will match your alignment. Though despite the DS face change and angry red background, he still talks and reacts as if he is LS. ;)

To note i think it's impossible to turn all your members into Jedi/Sith as you can't (to the best of my knowledge) have 100% influence with everyone; so to get the most out of the mod it is perhaps best to use an influence mod cheat in the game.

There are only 3 or 4 NPCs (depending on if have Mira or Hanharr) you can *change* to Jedi/Sith in the game. All are all fairly easy to gain high influence with, and as long as you have a combination of influence over the NPC and alignment of the Exile that produces an alignment in the NPC of 70+ or 30- then this mod will grant the new class as a prestige class. While an influence mod cheat would make it easier, it's just as important that the Exile be well into LS or DS, else the default Jedi classes will be granted to the NPC.
Page: 1 of 1