Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Weird MP Bug w/ ThrowWeapon

Page: 1 of 1
 Kurgan
03-06-2005, 3:47 PM
This may or may not be of interest to people, but in MP I've been trying (in vain) to find console commands that do something, anything in RC.

However I did find the old UT standby "THROWWEAPON" works.

This would come in handy in some strategic situations, say in a team game when you want to trade weapons.

However some weird things start to happen.

Let's say you toss away both of your weapons. You're now defensless! You can't use melee (not even your blade), and you can't throw grenades, even if you have them! If you pickup at least one gun again, things return to normal.

In third person view (noticed it by the match ending) you look like you're holding an invisible rifle (hands in the right position, holding nothing).

If you hit THROWWEAPON again (after tossing away your two guns), you toss away your TD's and a metallic sound plays. After the match ended I noticed that it appears I'm carrying the model of the HOLOGRAM PROJECTOR (no color or hologram coming out of it) in my hands!

The TD's you throw down aren't like a normal TD pickup apparently. Normally you run over grenades to pick them up. These you have to hit the "USE" button to pick them up, like they were a gun. And when you get them, they often turn into "fake grenades" (you do the motion of throwing them, but your counter is messed up like you have an infinite supply, and no actual grenade is thrown). Sometimes it even gives you grenades you never had, like the Sonic detonators. Usually you can fix this by throwing away everything then picking up some guns, but not always. Sometimes you have to respawn for it to be fully fixed.

Well, I hope in the first patch this little deal is fixed. I hope they keep THROWWEAPON in there, as it's a nice strategic bit for trading with teammates (and you could even bait traps by throwing down a nice looking gun sometimes), but the grenade goof up bit is annoying.

Plus I think for realism sake, you should be able to use your melee blade if you're out of guns. Of course to lose your guns you'd have to do it on purpose, but still. And the dummy hologram model has to go.
 ZBomber
03-06-2005, 3:56 PM
Interesting. You probably throw your knife with the weapons or something.
 Kurgan
03-06-2005, 4:21 PM
Except that it seems built into your armor. ; P
Page: 1 of 1