Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

MP Characters *Game Spoilers*

Page: 1 of 1
 Cosmos Jack
03-02-2005, 3:30 AM
While this game has some interesting features for customizing your character in MP. I thought it was kind of odd that you can't play as a regular Battledroid.:o
 El Sitherino
03-02-2005, 4:48 AM
Edited the title. Try and give warning about spoilers, regardless of how insignificant they seem.
 Cosmos Jack
03-02-2005, 6:42 AM
I really truly, honestly fail to see how saying Battledroids are in this game is a spoiler. Unless that it spoils a persons hope of playing the game, because they love Battledroids and only wants to play them in MP.

If you are interested in this game, have half a brain, and can spell "Star Wars" you know Battledroids are in this game. Something that everyone knows is in the game isn't a spoiler. Plus you can go on the official site and it is easy to find information. That the Developers themselves publicize.

Kind of like saying Anakin Skywalker becomes Darth Vader in EPIII. Does anyone not know that? If your a person that doesn't then you don't know who Darth Vader is anyway so it doesn't matter.

If I tell the hole plot of the game, what happens in each level, and at the end that is a spoiler.;)
 El Sitherino
03-02-2005, 6:53 AM
Well some people expected to be able to play as a battle droid.
 Cosmos Jack
03-02-2005, 9:50 AM
Then it's not a spoiler it's a disappointer.;)
 ZBomber
03-02-2005, 10:48 AM
Yeh, I read MP is customizable. Can you only be clones or what? I'd really liek to know more about MP.
 Kurgan
03-02-2005, 10:51 AM
At first I'd agree with the complaint that it's not 'really a spoiler' BUT I haven't seen the full game yet, so I could be wrong. I also agree that's it's not wise to upset a moderator!

Battledroids don't pull people's arms out of their sockets when they post possible spoilers without warnings. Moderators have been known to do that...

So trust us. Better to be safe than sorry! ; )
 El Sitherino
03-02-2005, 10:55 AM
I know it's a very minor thing, but I felt it might be a spoiler for some. I just wanted to be on the safe side, sorry if I offended you.

I too would be interested in knowing what else is in MP as way of customization.
 ZBomber
03-02-2005, 10:58 AM
Also, any indication that you will be able to use custon models in MP? Or is it just two types of squads (like clones vs trandos), so it might not work?
 Kurgan
03-02-2005, 11:09 AM
Yeah, I hope to find out some more about these "multiplayer game modes" (as the box so teasingly calls them) before the weekend when I get my copy.
 TK-8252
03-02-2005, 1:15 PM
You can only be a Clone Commando or Trandoshan Mercenary. You can change their skins and voices, customize with accessories like ammo packs, bigger backpacks, helmet devices, etc. I figure that you can only be a Commando or Trando because they share the same animations and such. They walk the same way, hold guns the same way, etc. But the regular Clone Troopers were animated same as the Commandos, so why can't you be them? :/

Oh well, I'm sure new MP skins will be plentiful through modding. Would be cool for someone to make an ARC Trooper model for MP, perhaps the ARC gear as accessories for a regular Clone Trooper? And also color-coded ranks for the regular Clone Trooper. :)
 ZBomber
03-02-2005, 2:32 PM
So, from your experience playing the game, do you think that custom models will work in MP?
 tommygunner
03-02-2005, 2:37 PM
yea i think it looks awesome
 TK-8252
03-02-2005, 7:28 PM
Originally posted by ZBomber
So, from your experience playing the game, do you think that custom models will work in MP?

I'm sure that custom models will work as long as they release a decent SDK. With good modding tools the possibilities are almost endless. Modelers could modify the existing models like the Battle Droid, Trando Slaver, hell even the Wookiee to use the Commando/Merc animations so they could be in MP. If they release the source code there could be a class-based Assault mode for all those who wanted it. There you could even be Droidekas, Super Battle Droids, and any other nasty things that wouldn't fit the Commando/Merc animations. Who knows. :p
Page: 1 of 1