Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

KotOR2, Republic Commando or EaW?

Page: 1 of 1
 Darth Windu
02-28-2005, 12:49 AM
Hi folks. With the recent influx of seemingly quality SW games (even though EaW is only half a game), which one will those of us on limited budgets buy? I'm looking at KotOR mainly because KotOR is the best game i've ever played, RC I don't know enough about, and as I said, EaW is only half a game - although if it did include the Republic and Confederacy it would be a hard choice between KotOR2 and EaW.
 SirPantsAlot
02-28-2005, 5:11 AM
The only reason to buy a game instead of downloading it from P2P is the multiplayer. Since KOTOR does not have multiplayer, that excludes it ^_^

I played RC's demo, wasn't too impressed. So I chose EAW.
 Heavyarms
02-28-2005, 5:36 AM
First off, Empire at War will be a full game, and if you want to continue a accusation of sorts please make another thread on why you think it is only half a game. I explained to you once that depth is always better than more civs. A perfect example of this is the AOE series with so many like and copied units, and Command and Conquer Generals: Zero Hour, which made all these too-powerful, ridiculously annoying civs with mostly the same weapons. I'd rather have depth with a couple of civs than the previously mentioned examples of superficiality.

I'll probably purchase both Empire at War and Republic Commando, although I'll be buying Splinter Cell: Chaos theory most likely first.
 Nokill
02-28-2005, 7:02 AM
what aboud an option all games i got a SW game's collection to keep up :D

(yes i got battlegrounds :eek: )
 SirPantsAlot
02-28-2005, 8:06 AM
Originally posted by Nokill
(yes i got battlegrounds :eek: ) :eek:
 lonepadawan
02-28-2005, 8:22 AM
OK.... 3 totally different games set in 3 totally different eras....

EaW is not yet released. KOTOR2 just doesn't sound as good as the original.

But RC is incredibly polished and fun. So I think that wins my vote... if I did vote...
 SirPantsAlot
02-28-2005, 8:29 AM
KOTOR2 just doesn't sound as good as the original.Has any game ever been as good as it's predecesor? I think it's almost as good as it. To bad hoth isn't there :(
 Heavyarms
02-28-2005, 8:40 AM
Originally posted by SirPantsAlot
Has any game ever been as good as it's predecesor? I think it's almost as good as it. To bad hoth isn't there :(

Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory.

'nuff said.
 StarWarsPhreak
02-28-2005, 9:00 AM
Offtopic ;)

I'll get them all... once I get the money for them. Well, I already own Kotor2.
 PR-0927
02-28-2005, 1:17 PM
All. I get KotOR II: TSL soon, and I have do start working hard in Hindi to get RC. Then, EaW in the Fall!!

:fett:
 Shok_Tinoktin
02-28-2005, 2:12 PM
Most likely I will get all three eventually, but RC is at the top of my list for now.
 stingerhs
02-28-2005, 2:30 PM
lets see: i already have kotor2. i'm getting rc tommorrow. and i plan on getting eaw as long as it gets good reviews.

i've said it once, and i'll say it again: if its a great game, i'll probably get it. if its good, i might get it. otherwise, i might borrow it off of a friend.

the same applies to star wars games. ;)
 FroZticles
02-28-2005, 10:04 PM
Windu would you please get over Republic and Confederacy it is not in the game so can you please drop it. I already have Kotor 2 and I don't have plans on getting Commando but will definately be getting E@W
 Jan Gaarni
03-01-2005, 8:40 AM
:yoink:
 saberhagen
03-02-2005, 6:20 AM
Well, let me see.

KOTOR 2 is an RPG and not based on the films.

RC is based on the prequels.

E@W is RTS and based on the "proper" trilogy.

No contest for me. ;)

But there's also the Dawn of War expansion to consider, even though it only has the really exciting Imperial Guard who are going to be so different from the current SM and chaos civs, oh yes...
 El Sitherino
03-02-2005, 6:43 AM
RC and EAW for me.
 Juggernaut1985
03-04-2005, 7:40 AM
I bet Windu buys EaW just to complain about how its not what he wants.
 Pho3nix
03-06-2005, 12:39 PM
Definately Empire at War.
 JediMasterEd
03-08-2005, 11:20 AM
Waiting for another RTS ever since GB died out (Not completely though), I'm definitely going for EaW! :D
 Sabretooth
03-10-2005, 10:24 AM
I'm not too interested in RC, honestly, and EaW is not released, so it's not my place to judge.

Which singles out KotOR, which wins my vote.
 Alegis
03-14-2005, 1:00 PM
I do have Kotor II though been doing a lot of other stuff, hardly playing it. The true hype is for EaW, has been a while since I played an RTS
 Herminator
03-18-2005, 4:06 PM
Hmmm.... though choice, but I say KotOR 2, Its a great game, altough it can be a piss-of when you think of what it could have been if LA hadn't been cracking the whip...

Originally posted by SirPantsAlot
Has any game ever been as good as it's predecesor? I think it's almost as good as it. To bad hoth isn't there :(
Yes, cos you could walk around there... and then it would be lots of snow there and then........ well, thats just about it. :indif:
 SirPantsAlot
03-19-2005, 8:56 AM
Originally posted by Herminator
Hmmm.... though choice, but I say KotOR 2, Its a great game, altough it can be a piss-of when you think of what it could have been if LA hadn't been cracking the whip...

Yes, cos you could walk around there... and then it would be lots of snow there and then........ well, thats just about it. :indif: Quite... well, there are also those adorable killer robots there.
 Dagobahn Eagle
03-19-2005, 9:00 AM
You know you're an idiot if you make a poll on the fan site of a game asking whether or not the community thinks it's cool or not, and expect an objective response...:p

The only reason to buy a game instead of downloading it from P2P is the multiplayer.
Or maybe the fact that it costs millions of dollars to make and that it takes an eternity for the game producers to even break even (that is, to have profits reach production costs) as they get only a small fraction of every dollar you spend on the game?

Or maybe because the game developers aren't as filthy rich as you think and really need your money?

[Mumbles]...F...ing "it's just a piece of art!!111" pirates should burn...:mad:

Has any game ever been as good as it's predecesor?
Generals was the only C&C game that was actually good, if you ask me. Dominions II was far better than Dominions, and Stars! Supernova Genesis was looking to be light years ahead of Stars! (too bad it died because it was even out due to money problems... See my first paragraph in this post, pirate scum, 'cause this goes to prove it:mad:). Age of Empires II was way better than Age of Empires. And the Sims II had better be better than the Sims (but then again, that doesn't take much:rolleyes:).

And so on. Not saying every sequel is better (play Ground Control, then Ground Control II and you'll know what I mean:(), but many are.
 Dragonball Fan
03-28-2005, 6:51 PM
Everyone vote EaW just to piss Windu off.
 PoM
03-29-2005, 5:41 AM
Originally posted by StarWarsPhreak
Offtopic ;)

I'll get them all... once I get the money for them. Well, I already own Kotor2.

Same here.
Got TSL.
Will buy EAW and RC
Page: 1 of 1