Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Multiplayer Info? [possible spoilers]

Page: 1 of 1
 Joetheeskimo
02-19-2005, 6:21 PM
Since LucasArts hasn't released much about the MP side of Republic Commando (or maybe it's just I haven't looked at the site long enough), could anyone provide some teaser on what it might be like? Will we be able to play clones, or will it all be Trandoshans, droids and the such?
 Kurgan
02-19-2005, 9:59 PM
I remember one article said it was going to be "Trandoshans Vs. Clones."

I would assume (hope) that in Deathmatch you could pick any skin/model, not just from those two "factions."

But I don't know if they're going to have a full blown set of "factions" like SWBF. That would be cool though....
 JDKnite188
02-20-2005, 6:23 AM
When you complete the demo level, the screen pops up with a promotion of the game. On that, I think I read that there is CTF, Deathmatch, and Assault modes. Overall, the community has been kept in the dark considering multiplayer.
 Joetheeskimo
02-20-2005, 7:52 AM
I guess that's for the better, so we'll actually have something to be surprised about when the game comes out :p
 Nokill
02-20-2005, 9:49 AM
there whas also a trailer whit MP in it its gone now and replaced with the old one
 Kurgan
02-20-2005, 2:39 PM
That's true, the details on MP are VERY sketchy.

Hopefully it's at least fun, and who knows maybe they will expand upon it later, with map packs & patches or something. Again, hopefully...
 ZBomber
02-20-2005, 6:45 PM
On a video I saw for MP in the XBox demo, I think I only saw clones....
 Joetheeskimo
02-20-2005, 6:49 PM
Originally posted by ZBomber
On a video I saw for MP in the XBox demo, I think I only saw clones....

Ohhh, that would be awesome. Clones are the best. I don't think I'd enjoy playing the bad guys. :p Still though, it would be a tad strange to have Republic clones shooting at eachother. Either it's just training camp, or they didn't care much to make the MP side to follow the main, logical storyline ;)
 ZBomber
02-20-2005, 6:55 PM
I dunno, it might be like JA where you chose your player model or something, who knows. :)
 swphreak
02-20-2005, 9:24 PM
They show some MP action at the end of the IGN video review. I saw trandies vs Clones. It looked like people were in squads.
 TK-8252
02-21-2005, 7:54 AM
I wonder if they'll have the revive in multiplayer, for the teamed games. But then how could the Trandos and such have it, because it's the Commandos' suits that keeps them alive isn't it?
 Prime
02-21-2005, 7:54 AM
From most of the things I've read MP sounds pretty limited, and certainly isn't the focus of the game.
 tommygunner
02-21-2005, 9:21 AM
o well... i would like to see how the trando sqauds work
 Igor_Cavkov
02-21-2005, 2:11 PM
well maybe the MP doesnt have alot of content but if its in right athmosphere and has the right touch here and there why cant it be enjoyable? :cool:
 Joetheeskimo
02-21-2005, 6:17 PM
Originally posted by Prime
From most of the things I've read MP sounds pretty limited, and certainly isn't the focus of the game.

Yeah, considering how much effort they've put into the Single Player side (around 56 missions)...
 Kurgan
02-21-2005, 6:19 PM
Originally posted by TK-8252
I wonder if they'll have the revive in multiplayer, for the teamed games. But then how could the Trandos and such have it, because it's the Commandos' suits that keeps them alive isn't it?

Well, the Trandos aren't showing wearing fully sealed gear like the Clones, but they do have helmets, goggles, armor and other gear, so for all we know they have their own life support type functions. Or maybe Trandoshans are just hearty creatures. ; )

The tool you use to revive them could easily just as easily be used by another species.
 Kurgan
02-21-2005, 6:21 PM
Originally posted by joetheeskimo5
Yeah, considering how much effort they've put into the Single Player side (around 56 missions)...

Uhh, what? I thought we were only getting 16. Or were you being sarcastic?

I guess if you count every little tiny checkpoint (like in the demo) there might be that many, but each of those little bits make up a mission (the demo was just one mission long, and you don't even quite get to the end without cheating).
 Joetheeskimo
02-21-2005, 6:34 PM
Originally posted by Kurgan
Uhh, what? I thought we were only getting 16. Or were you being sarcastic?

I guess if you count every little tiny checkpoint (like in the demo) there might be that many, but each of those little bits make up a mission (the demo was just one mission long, and you don't even quite get to the end without cheating).

I do count each "little tiny checkpoint" as a mission - each one takes about 10 minutes to beat.

I wish they'd work on an expansion pack for more missions :D Or, I wonder if we'll see a Republic Commando II...

Then again, probably not, because the game doesn't exactly have a main running plot...just mini-storylines for each of the missions. :/
 Kurgan
02-22-2005, 8:26 AM
Originally posted by joetheeskimo5
I do count each "little tiny checkpoint" as a mission - each one takes about 10 minutes to beat.

I wish they'd work on an expansion pack for more missions :D Or, I wonder if we'll see a Republic Commando II...

Then again, probably not, because the game doesn't exactly have a main running plot...just mini-storylines for each of the missions. :/

That sounds about right then, since that comes close to 10 hours of gameplay, which is the figure being batted around in reviews.

If we saw a Republic Commando II, it would probably be subtitled "Imperial Stormtrooper." ; )

Empire at War is a game they're already making set between ROTS and ANH. So there's that area for them to exploit.
Page: 1 of 1