Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Whereami Armband v.2.0.6 + coordinates extractor, object lister, door opener

Page: 1 of 3
 Darth333
02-13-2005, 7:39 AM
(update 24-Jul-07)
v2.0.6 Incorporates improvement from glovemaster to show XOrientation and YOrientation (rather than simply Orientation). This should prove more useful for those doing module editing. details in this thread (http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=180701)

Given that the cheat console in TSL is invisible, the whereami cheat cannot be used. This armband will allow you to get the coordinates of your main PC and make new areas. Also with fb.exe you have the possibility possibility to output the "whereami" coordinates printed in your "Message logs" to a .txt file so there is no more need for pen and paper.

Very useful for making mods such as new areas, spawning npcs, placeables, etc. (if you don;t make mods, this armband will be pretty useless to you unless you are a passionate of geography)

Huge thanks to Beancounter for pointing out the FloatToString function which allows printing the coordinates. Thanks to him, new areas in TSL are now possible.

Download here: http://www.starwarsknights.com/tools.php#ae)

How to use:

1. to get the armband, use the following cheat code:
giveitem d3_location

2. Then go to your equip screen and equip the WHEREAMI ARMBAND

3. Activate at the location you want to get the coordinates. It will also tell you the tags and distances of the nearest Creature, Placeable, Trigger, Waypoint, and Door (which you choose to open if you like).

4. Go to your Messages screen and click on "Message logs"

5. The coordinates will appear in the feedback screen

6. Save you game

7. Launch fb.exe by double clicking on it and select your savegame, located by default in:
C:\Program Files\LucasArts\SWKotOR2\Saves
and select the directory to which you want to output the txt file with the coordinates.

Screenshot (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v144/Darth333/wheream.jpg)

==============================================
INSTALLATION:

1. Create a new folder called Override in your C:\Program Files\LucasArts\SWKotOR2 directory.

2. Extract the files following files to your override folder:

- d3_getloc.dlg
- d3_location.ncs
- d3_location.uti
- d3_nearest.ncs
- d3_opendoor.ncs
- spells.2da

The source code (.nss) files has been included.

3. Extract fb.exe to any location on your hard drive

INSTALLATION (no dialog):
This installation method will suppress the dialog and print the information directly to your Feedback screen. This may be preferable is Orientation/Bearing is critical to you since the dialog camera sometimes affects these values. The drawback from this installation is that you will not be able to force open doors.

1. Create a new folder called Override in your C:\Program Files\LucasArts\SWKotOR2 directory.

2. Extract the files following files to your override folder:

- d3_getlocation.ncs
- d3_location.uti
- spells.2da (Note that this mod will be incompatible with any other mod using the spells.2da file.

The source code (.nss) files has been included.)

3. Extract fb.exe to any location on your hard drive

=======================================
Compatibility issues:

Note that this mod will be incompatible with any other mod using the spells.2da file: If you want to make it compatible with other mods using the spells.2da files, just copy line 282 of spells.2da and paste it to a new row. Then open d3_location.uti and go to:

PropertiesList ->Subtype and enter the new row number.

Uninstall:
Delete the files from your overide directory
 Darth Stryke
02-13-2005, 7:47 AM
Great! I knew you guys would figure this out. Well done! :D
 Boba Rhett
02-13-2005, 8:50 AM
You people are just the best little pack of innovative problem solvers this side of the internet. Great job. :D
 Drazin
02-13-2005, 8:53 AM
They are quite amazing.
A skill I believe I will never possess, even in the smallest capacity. Code and stuff is greek to me.
So all the people that make mods and models have tons of respect from me.
 Darth Smaug
02-13-2005, 9:41 AM
What can i say? Great!:D
 Darth333
02-13-2005, 9:42 AM
Originally posted by Drazin
They are quite amazing.
A skill I believe I will never possess, even in the smallest capacity. Code and stuff is greek to me.
So all the people that make mods and models have tons of respect from me.
Drazin:

I didn't know anything about modding when Kotor 1 came out. I was really a total n00b and it was even worse than greek: it was chinese to me (no offense to possible Chinese people on these boards: I speak quite a few languages but I don't understand chinese at all). Just try and you'll see: it's not difficult ;) ...and from what I can see from the sigs you make, you could make great reskins!
 Mav
02-13-2005, 10:13 AM
(no offense to possible Chinese people on these boards: I speak quite a few languages but I don't understand chinese at all)

None Taken :D, great mod Darth333, I will most likely find this very helpful... wink wink, or it could just be wishful thinking on my part.
 Drazin
02-13-2005, 10:57 AM
I'd try, I mean I learned to Photoshop through trial and error. But I wouldnt even know where to start. What programs do ya'll use to make these Saber hilts and stuff? I could do it in Photoshop for the look, but an actual 3D model? Thats beyond me. 3dsmax I hear tossed around alot, but isnt that like a couple thousand dollars?

Anyways,
The code stuff I know I can't do. But modelling, I might be good at if I had the right software. *Shrug* I'll just leave it in your capable hands. And continue to be amazed.
 Boba Rhett
02-13-2005, 11:00 AM
Gmax is free and it can be used, can it not?
 aluuannn
02-13-2005, 11:06 AM
Very useful for making mods such as area making

what does this mean really? i thought we could make areas without this...am I missing somthing?
 Darth333
02-13-2005, 12:26 PM
Originally posted by aluuannn
what does this mean really? i thought we could make areas without this...am I missing somthing?
When you make a new area or when you want to place a placeable or a npc somewhere in the game, you have to get the coordinates of the location of where you want to spawn them. In KotOR 1 we could use the whereami cheat and it would give us the coordinates. Once you have those coordinates, you can put them in a script or in the .git file.

However, in Kotor 2, the cheat console is invisible and we cannot get those coordinates when we type the whereami cheat code. This armband replaces the whereami cheat and prints the coordinates in the message logs :)
 Dak Vesser
02-13-2005, 12:42 PM
To Darth333: Ya know? I was thinking that -Maybe- there might be away to get the WhereAmI message to pop up like a Datapad from a first time pickup.

It must be a script researved somewhere that tells the game to activate the Data message when it's picked up from a drop. If that is infact a script, then it might be possible to some how incorperate it into your WhereAmI mod. So instead of looking for it in the Dialogue list, it would be right up front in the game..

Just a crazy Idea...;)
 RedHawke
02-13-2005, 4:06 PM
Thank you Darth333!!! :D ... And thank you beancounter!!!

:worship:

Originally posted by aluuannn
The 'whereami' code is not only vital to making new areas it is the proverbial key!

Plus what Darth333 said too! ;)
 RedHawke
02-13-2005, 7:45 PM
Got a problem Darth333,

I can get the armband and when I use it, I get the on screen message, the combat area shows me activating the armband, but nothing comes up in my messages area... no coordinates? :confused:

Edit: Added the part in Italics.

Edit II: I just tried to start a new game and still no go?
 Darth333
02-13-2005, 8:21 PM
ok I uploaded a new package as you would have run into trouble anyways: I had forgotten to set up the charges to illimitate :rolleyes:

I tested the new version and it works fine for me.

Let me know how it turns out.
 RedHawke
02-13-2005, 8:37 PM
Works like a charm! :D

Thanks! ;)
 Dak Vesser
02-13-2005, 10:07 PM
Originally posted by Darth333
ok I uploaded a new package as you would have run into trouble anyways: I had forgotten to set up the charges to illimitate :rolleyes:

I tested the new version and it works fine for me.

Let me know how it turns out.

I just downloaded and tested, and it works perfect on the Xbox too. That's awsome because now, I no longer have to look at the .git file to borrow the all coordenents from the corpses anymore..

Yay!!

Oh yeah, Thanks for adding all the Source scripts to your whereami mod so that way I can add it in to only one spells.2da, for all Armband mods I download or create..

Thankyou Darth333 <----- Everybody thank her!!!
 Darkkender
02-14-2005, 7:29 AM
Hey Darth333, would you be able to modify this wonderful tool to provide the name of the module you are in when it prints as well? This might be helpful. Unless of course you are working on a warping/spawning armband for TSL release anyday now in which case if you incorporated this into the armband that would be even better especially if in the armband you had the module file name right next to the module description.

Beyond that a big, "Thank You" goes out to you for this.
 Leviathan
02-14-2005, 7:42 AM
It disturbs me to use an utility, like this (great :D) armband, in Star Wars : KotOR II because it does not have any protective or offensive effect. :rolleyes:
So, I wonder whether the script associated with this item can be run by pressing any key. :confused:
Thanks ! ;)
 Darth333
02-14-2005, 7:44 AM
I don't think I'll incorporate this armband with the warping armband. However, I could release a package with the two armbands: one for warping and one for getting the coordinates.

The main reason is that I want the "Whereami" amrband to be easy and quick to use. Entering into a dialogue each time you activate the armband to get the coordinates would be annoying. I'll see hwat I can do for the rest (I don't have nwscript with me right now).

Edit: sorry Leviathan but that's not possible.
 Darkkender
02-14-2005, 7:56 AM
I don't think I'll incorporate this armband with the warping armband. However, I could release a package with the two armbands: one for warping and one for getting the coordinates.

The main reason is that I want the "Whereami" amrband to be easy and quick to use. Entering into a dialogue each time you activate the armband to get the coordinates would be annoying. I'll see hwat I can do for the rest (I don't have nwscript with me right now).

Thanks that would be great. That had actually donned on me but I figured to throw it out there just incase as a tertiary feature to the armband or more as a question in case you had planned something like that.

I suppose you can make it the modders toolkit and have it able to be picked up in the medlab on peragus so we don't have to cheat to get the 2 or more item tools we will need to mod like madmen, women, & "Evil Darth Moderator types" on fire.:p
 Leviathan
02-14-2005, 8:07 AM
That's not a real problem... :)
Thanks again !... :D
 Darth333
02-14-2005, 2:55 PM
New version uploaded! New feature

Good thing Obsidian made an invisible whereami cheat...we can now have the orientation too :D

screenshot (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v608/D333/Whereami1.jpg)
 RedHawke
02-14-2005, 5:02 PM
^^^^
Very nice Darth333! :D
 Mav
02-14-2005, 7:06 PM
Darth333 are you going to make a version that is compatible with your floating saber force power?
 RedHawke
02-14-2005, 7:23 PM
Originally posted by maverick187
Darth333 are you going to make a version that is compatible with your floating saber force power?
Just add the last line on the Whereami armbands spells.2da to the spells.2da of the floating LS Mod (The new line should be 285)...

Then, with a GFF Editor, just edit the d3_location.uti and adjust the attributes property number to 285 and save it. :D
 Darth333
02-14-2005, 7:29 PM
Originally posted by maverick187
I thought of making one but since this is a utility armband I thought it was not necessary: when I create a new mod, I always send all the stuff I have in my override folder into another folder and I work only with what I need. You don't need to edit any script to make it compatible. Just look at the readme:
If you want to make it compatible with other mods using the spells.2da files, just copy line 282 of spells.2da and paste it to a new row. Then open d3_location.uti and go to:
PropertiesList ->Subtype and enter the new row number.

However, If people want a compatible version, I can make one tomorrow :)
 Darkkender
02-14-2005, 9:07 PM
I don't need it to be compatible with other spells.2da files.

But I would love it if it said which module I'm in.:p
 Darth333
02-14-2005, 9:46 PM
New update!

thanks to tk102, you now have the possibility to output the "whereami" coordinates printed in your "Message logs" with the Armband to a .txt file :)

Download: check the fist post.

and Darkkender: will do along a couple extras but not tonight, it's 2 am
 Darkkender
02-14-2005, 10:03 PM

and Darkkender: will do along a couple extras but not tonight, it's 2 am

ISOK I've nearly got 12am I can hold my DL finger for a day or 2.:D I'll try to invent a way to say thank you for all the hard work you are putting into this.
 Xcom
02-18-2005, 11:36 AM
Erm, a question.

Why does it print coordinates in player's log and not directly in the dialog window?
 tk102
02-18-2005, 11:54 AM
Only spoken dialog appears in that window. The SendMessageToPC (http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=125847) function generates Feedback. It's a nice easy-to-use function.

In theory it would be possible to also call a dialog with a single Entry and pass the location parameters as custom tokens or some such thing. But you would also have to spawn an invisible placeable which would then "speak" to you the location parameters. Then you'd call DestroyObject on the placeable when done.

So, it was just easier the other way. :p
 Darth333
02-18-2005, 12:01 PM
I also think it fits better in the feeback screen than the dialogue screen but that's just me :)
 Xcom
02-18-2005, 12:20 PM
Originally posted by tk102
But you would also have to spawn an invisible placeable which would then "speak" to you the location parameters. Then you'd call DestroyObject on the placeable when done.

Ok, you lost me. :o
My modding skills are somewhat lacking, but... as far as I could tell, the mod already calls a one line dialog (to start a script) and it says .. "Printing" or something. Why do you need extra placeable? Token will work nicely.

I also think it fits better in the feeback screen than the dialogue screen but that's just me.

Why not both? ;)
 Shimaon
02-18-2005, 12:22 PM
Many thanks for this mod. I finished my first added placeable last night.
^^
 Darkkender
02-18-2005, 8:50 PM
Originally posted by Xcom
Ok, you lost me. :o
My modding skills are somewhat lacking, but... as far as I could tell, the mod already calls a one line dialog (to start a script) and it says .. "Printing" or something. Why do you need extra placeable? Token will work nicely.

Why not both? ;)

The dialog that pops saying printing is a predefined dialog within the script itself much like a print screen option in most word processors. The placeable is needed in order to actually host and load the actual dialogue that would display on the screen.
 GotGoose?
02-19-2005, 5:10 AM
Hey, I have a question.

How do you enable an item to be "used" and execute a script.

If I knew how to do that, I could call up the workbench from an armband.
 StormTrooper789
02-19-2005, 5:36 AM
Is there any way that an armband that is just able to get orientation to be made for KOTOR I? The 'whereami' cheat on KOTOR I only gives you XYZ. :(
 Darth333
02-19-2005, 6:49 AM
Originally posted by GotGoose?
Hey, I have a question.

How do you enable an item to be "used" and execute a script.

If I knew how to do that, I could call up the workbench from an armband.
Since .uti files do not have a script field, you have to use spells.2da and initiate a conversation with the PC that fires when the armband is used.

Originally posted by StormTrooper789
Is there any way that an armband that is just able to get orientation to be made for KOTOR I? The 'whereami' cheat on KOTOR I only gives you XYZ. :(
Sure, will do :) but wouldn't you prefer to get all the coordinates so that you can extract them and then simply paste them into the .git file?

BTW I uploaded a new version of the armband that gives the name of the module, as per Darkkender's request.
 StormTrooper789
02-19-2005, 8:23 AM
Since .uti files do not have a script field, you have to use spells.2da and initiate a conversation with the PC that fires when the armband is used.

Sure, will do :) but wouldn't you prefer to get all the coordinates so that you can extract them and then simply paste them into the .git file?

BTW I uploaded a new version of the armband that gives the name of the module, as per Darkkender's request.

Yes, yes I would. :)
I dont have TSL yet so I'm just playing with KOTOR I.
 Darkkender
02-20-2005, 5:21 AM

:emodanc: :emodanc: :emodanc:
Thank you, Thank you, Thank You.
[Plant's Big Kiss on Darth333's Cheek]MMMMWWWAHH[/Plant's Big Kiss on Darth333's Cheek] then runs off to DL the update.
 damacles
02-21-2005, 1:13 AM
Hey, quick question/request.

I am trying to use the armband on the HK factory level, well the save only allows HK and no one else, I can summon the armband fine but it will not allow me to equip it on him. Is there anyway you can edit it so HK can use it please? There are only two exits on that level, one to the main HK factory and the other back up to the Telos base.

Thanks.
 Darth333
02-21-2005, 4:03 AM
Originally posted by damacles
Hey, quick question/request.

I am trying to use the armband on the HK factory level, well the save only allows HK and no one else, I can summon the armband fine but it will not allow me to equip it on him. Is there anyway you can edit it so HK can use it please? There are only two exits on that level, one to the main HK factory and the other back up to the Telos base.

Thanks.
Nn PC...you could simply warp there with your main PC :D On xbox, easiest way would be to use a droid shield instead of an armband. That takes a few minutes to do. Unfortunately, I don't have my game with me right now and I'll be away from the boards until Thursday due to a business trip.
 Keiko
02-21-2005, 5:29 AM
Darth333, when is your warp band gonna be out?:D
 Darth333
02-21-2005, 5:51 AM
Originally posted by DarthSmallz
Darth333, when is your warp band gonna be out?:D
Check this thread: http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=144656)
 Keiko
02-21-2005, 5:59 AM
ohhhhhh! Sorry:p
 micah
03-06-2005, 9:40 PM
can someone tell me how use the coordinates obtained in the warp cheat code. I encountered a glitch and i need to get past a locked door. so i figure i can guestimate the cooridinates i want. i just need to know how to type it. pleez help i dont want to restart the game!
 Xcom
03-06-2005, 10:26 PM
Originally posted by micah
can someone tell me how use the coordinates obtained in the warp cheat code. I encountered a glitch and i need to get past a locked door. so i figure i can guestimate the cooridinates i want. i just need to know how to type it. pleez help i dont want to restart the game!

since you obviously already have the whereami band, get this little patch for it:
d3_location_opendoor.zip (http://www.matrixrain.com/kotor/d3_location_opendoor.zip)

replace d3_location.ncs with the file in the zip. Now, go to the door (close) and use the band. It should open.

(hope Darth333 doesn't mind :) )
 Darkkender
03-06-2005, 10:30 PM
Originally posted by micah

check your PM's for my PMed reply to the same question. It should be very helpful.
 micah
03-06-2005, 11:26 PM
Thak you all so much for your help. Your very talented to make thant transpotation patch. Im so happy i dont have to start over.
that was such a fast response too, thnx again!
Page: 1 of 3