Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Republic Commando Demo Cheat (download link)

Page: 1 of 1
 kingguru
02-07-2005, 5:40 PM
already started hex editing the demo but in the meantime enjoy:

This cheat allows for God mode , Ghost mode (walk through anything) , All weapons + Ammo Cheat , viewable AI Pathing and View from Behind player cheat and hud commands. Just a fun way to get more from the demo.

Usage :

In game simply press these keys to activate cheat :
i =ghost mode
g= god mode
ctrl b = behind player view
ctrl p - ai pathing revealed
m = hud on
n= hud off
insert = all weapons (in a huge pile in front of you)
delete = all ammo (sometimes this doesnt work, but who cares, just make more guns)

To Install :

This Cheat file replaces the user.ini in the C:\Program Files\LucasArts\Star Wars Republic Commando Demo\GameData\System
directory (or whereever you have the game installed)

Simply overwrite the factory user.ini with this one. Load the game and enjoy the hotkey cheats which were not intended for the demo.

~guru
 TK-8252
02-07-2005, 6:08 PM
Geez, you're already modding?! Man, you need to go somewhere you can get paid for this stuff.

Anyway... to be honest, I don't see much point in cheating, in the demo at least. Even on hard it's a pretty easy demo. It's very rare that you die because you can usually get through incapacitations. There's already the "allweapons" cheat, but I just use the pistol anyway.
 kingguru
02-07-2005, 7:32 PM
Its a fun demo I've been trying to move things on the maps , and already have swapped sound files, altered all the in game text , load screens, trying moving models/ai units from map to map right now. Anyway yeah , i put out the lil cheats for those who didn't know about cheats in the demo... I'm sure there will be some mini mods soon. ;)

~guru
 Kurgan
02-07-2005, 8:04 PM
You can already do cheats in the demo without hacking, just type them in the console.

No offense, but all you've done is bind the cheats to keys, no?

And I hate to say it, but the liscense agreement you agreed to when you installed the Demo specifically said you weren't allowed to edit it (though it is just an INI file). If nothing else that prevents you distributing modifications, since their permission for that is NOT given.

Suffice to say, since this IS Unreal tech we're talking about, the full game will be fully moddable.

Until then, *locked*
Page: 1 of 1