Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Who's you favorite RC teammate? *minor game spoilers*

Page: 1 of 2
 Ch1cago88
02-02-2005, 6:38 AM
Is it Sev, Scorch, or fixer? All have great and fun personalities, which makes the game richer and come alive. I like Sev, his British accent and his remarks are just badass. IMO he also looks the coolest. He kind of reminds me of Raphael from like the Ninja Turtles, lol. Plus he always seems to help me the most.
 Revan Solo
02-02-2005, 6:56 AM
I had no chance to know them better!
 NiCK-LeSS
02-02-2005, 7:06 AM
Sev if my fav team-mate, coz hes sadistic and funny. and his helmet (however you call it) is nice too :rolleyes:
 Doomie
02-02-2005, 8:00 AM
Scorch, he's the joker of the team. He made a backkflip out of the dropship. How can I not like him?
 Shok_Tinoktin
02-02-2005, 8:19 AM
Scorch! He cracks me up, even when I don't know what hes talking about.:D
 Nokill
02-02-2005, 9:03 AM
Scorch funny dude :D
 Darth_ToMeR
02-02-2005, 11:12 AM
Scorch, he is the funniest. Question, if Scorch is the funny man, and Sev is the killer man, who is Fixer?
 lonepadawan
02-02-2005, 11:17 AM
The hacker and seccond in command I believe..
 ZBomber
02-02-2005, 11:18 AM
Wasn't Fixer like the techincial/gadget guy?

I liked Scorch too. :)
 TK-8252
02-02-2005, 11:31 AM
Here's a hint:

"Whee!"

:D

Poor Fixer, no one likes him. :( He's too neutral! He works hard though.
 Shok_Tinoktin
02-02-2005, 12:51 PM
Originally posted by Darth_ToMeR
Scorch, he is the funniest. Question, if Scorch is the funny man, and Sev is the killer man, who is Fixer?

Fixer is the by-the-book, really professional guy. In other words, no personality.

Originally posted by TK-8252
"Whee!"

"I didn't know Trandoshans could fly."
 TK-8252
02-02-2005, 12:57 PM
Originally posted by Shok_Tinoktin
Fixer is the by-the-book, really professional guy. In other words, no personality.

He's also second in command. Boss (you) seem to also lack personality, except for those understatements like "perform radical architecture rearrangement!" and stuff. :p

Originally posted by Shok_Tinoktin
"I didn't know Trandoshans could fly."

"What goes up..."
 Shok_Tinoktin
02-02-2005, 1:02 PM
He's also second in command. Boss (you) seem to also lack personality, except for those understatements like "perform radical architecture rearrangement!" and stuff. :p

Yeah I agree. Fixer has the occaional good line, too. But for the most part I like Scorch and Sev way more than Boss and Fixer.
 tommygunner
02-02-2005, 1:23 PM
i like fixer... i am not sure if any1 said this but i was laughing when i heard it... i was knocked out and sev said "hold on to ur guts boss while i rip out theirs!" lol well i think it was funny:D
 Rogue Nine
02-02-2005, 1:37 PM
"Hey Sev, this one looks like your mother."

Kurgan
02-02-2005, 7:41 PM
Originally posted by Ch1cago88
Is it Sev, Scorch, or fixer? All have great and fun personalities, which makes the game richer and come alive. I like Sev, his British accent and his remarks are just badass. IMO he also looks the coolest. He kind of reminds me of Raphael from like the Ninja Turtles, lol. Plus he always seems to help me the most.

Hmm, I bet the developers are TMNT fans! Let's see... four virtually identical looking hero guys with different color markings, created by science... fighting an army of soulless robots, lead by a villian with cape & mask. Hmm.... wonder if they like pizza?

You = Leonardo
Scorch = Michaelangelo
Fixer = Donatello
Sev = Raphael
 NiCK-LeSS
02-02-2005, 8:14 PM
"What goes up..."

El Sitherino
02-03-2005, 2:58 AM
Fixer, he looks badass.
 Doomie
02-03-2005, 7:46 AM
When i got Scorch to slice a computer, he said: 'No computer can match my 1337 h4x0r skills!' (Spelled like that in the subtitles, too.) Now I like him even more!

Should've taken a screenie, but I was too surprised...
 Ch1cago88
02-05-2005, 4:24 PM
Is it me or did Sev have a voice change?

First watch this---> http://www.lucasarts.com/games/swrepubliccommando/)

Then play the demo.

Is it just me or did Sev first have this british like accent then they switched it to more of a deeper badass voice.
 Sifandor
02-05-2005, 4:47 PM
Scorch man he is hallarious and I qoute "Hey Sev this one looks like your mother." How can you not like a guy like that Scorch and me are pals.:D
 Doomie
02-06-2005, 4:52 AM
Is it just me or did Sev first have this british like accent then they switched it to more of a deeper badass voice.

I think that's Delta 38 talking to Sev in that part.
 coupes.
02-06-2005, 6:47 PM
All of them are cool, but from what I've seen (the demo) I think Sev will be my favorite. He looks like has an attitude problem. At one point we took out one of those big trandos and Sev walks up to the body and shoots it, then he said : "Now he's extra dead !".

How can you not like him :p
 Narrok Lalartu
02-09-2005, 1:29 PM
I like Sev, but Sourch makes me laugh
 Usurpo
02-10-2005, 5:42 PM
Not sure who made this paticular comment, but there was somthing along the lines of someone saying:

"I didn't know trandos could fly!"

followed by a:

"Yea, flying is the easy part. Wait until the landing..."

Then there was the whole mother comment...meh, gota love 'em all.
 TK-8252
02-10-2005, 6:22 PM
"Flying is easy. Landing is hard."
 Shok_Tinoktin
02-10-2005, 8:41 PM
Originally posted by Usurpo
Not sure who made this paticular comment, but there was somthing along the lines of someone saying:

"I didn't know trandos could fly!"

I'm pretty sure this is Scorch, but I haven't heard the second part.
 Lionheart Lonesome
02-11-2005, 3:42 AM
Sev is my favor! He got a strange voice (I still think he is a droid), he always goes for the enemy. And, he got a nice helmet :p
 Drax Kreiger
02-11-2005, 7:34 PM
Yeah, the blood splattered all over it really makes it appealing...
 Joetheeskimo
02-17-2005, 11:51 AM
Fixer! He's awesome, and he'll run through a shower of bullets to revive me. :thumbsup: He never gives up :D
 TK-8252
02-17-2005, 1:42 PM
Originally posted by joetheeskimo5
Fixer! He's awesome, and he'll run through a shower of bullets to revive me. :thumbsup: He never gives up :D

Strange, when Fixer has to revive me he usually bitches "sir, you realize this goes against protocol?!" :mad:

Just give me some bacta and keep your two cents to yourself.
 Shok_Tinoktin
02-17-2005, 4:13 PM
Strange, when Fixer has to revive me he usually bitches "sir, you realize this goes against protocol?!" :mad:

Yeah, I prefer Scorch's "Okay, but if I get shot in the back, I'm blaming you." :D
 Nokill
02-18-2005, 12:51 AM

yes he says that when i whant to shoot my team mates :D
or do stuf i shoud not do
 lonepadawan
02-18-2005, 5:09 AM
Fixer is waaaay too by the book.

They all make some pretty nasty comments depending on how you die. Sev says that you need to be sent back to basic training, Fixer helpfully suggests things like letting Scorch handle the explosives that make me want to vibroblade him in the back.. and if you go down frequently Sev says "There he goes.... again"

However if you go down to enemy fire they get pretty angry and show their loyalty by killing the enemy very quickly!

I think the individual sounds for different enemies add a lot to the game... your team actually differentiates between different types of enemy

All in all I have to go with Scorch or Sev. The things you say when you put them in their favorite roles are great.

"Enemies go boom sir?"
 TK-8252
02-18-2005, 11:41 AM
One time I had just planted some explosives to bust through a wall, and I activated them and yelled "Stand back Deltas!" but one of them was standing right behind me so I couldn't back away from the explosion and we both got incapped. Since it blames me for his incap, Sev said "you do that again and I'll kill you myself." I'm like... excuse me? If he had stood back like I told him to we wouldn't have gotten blown up you retard!
 lonepadawan
02-18-2005, 2:34 PM
Sev also gets uppity if you stick him on heavy weapons duty

"There is no honour in such a weapon"
 Joetheeskimo
02-19-2005, 5:14 PM
One time I had just planted some explosives to bust through a wall, and I activated them and yelled "Stand back Deltas!" but one of them was standing right behind me so I couldn't back away from the explosion and we both got incapped. Since it blames me for his incap, Sev said "you do that again and I'll kill you myself." I'm like... excuse me? If he had stood back like I told him to we wouldn't have gotten blown up you retard!

Yeah, sometimes it really pisses me off how quite unrespectfully some of my mates treat me at times. I'm like, STFU and show me proper respect, worm! :mad: I could have you kicked out of my squad or executed for good! :xp:
 Joetheeskimo
02-19-2005, 5:16 PM

Just give me some bacta and keep your two cents to yourself.

Meh, yeah, but Scorch is just as obnoxious about it...
"Could you die later sir? It just isn't a good time right now!"
Shut up jerk, and get me back on my feet :mad:
 TK-8252
02-19-2005, 5:19 PM
Sometimes it almost seems like Fixer wants you to die, since he's second-in-command, so if you die then he's the commander now. :p

Oh yeah, if you go to the LucasArts Republic Commando site and listen to the voice samples for Boss, one of them is "this deluxe model is the only thing standing between you and a bloody death, so you best be showing some respect, trooper." Owned. :D
 Joetheeskimo
02-19-2005, 5:42 PM
Oh yeah, if you go to the LucasArts Republic Commando site and listen to the voice samples for Boss, one of them is "this deluxe model is the only thing standing between you and a bloody death, so you best be showing some respect, trooper." Owned. :D

Oh, man...I REALLY want to hear Boss say that. There are times my troopers could really use something like that to shut them up. :D
 Doomie
02-20-2005, 1:16 AM
"this deluxe model is the only thing standing between you and a bloody death, so you best be showing some respect, trooper."

Yeah, they should bind that one to a key.

I also liked Scorch's updated voiceprints.
'Hey Sev, how many people you killed today psycho?'
'Hear that Sev? Someone thinks I'm Excellent...'
 TK-8252
03-03-2005, 5:00 PM

Heh... well now that I've played the full game, Boss actually says this line to a disrespectful Clone Trooper who was mocking your "deluxe model" and Commando training. He quickly straightened up. :p
 Joetheeskimo
03-04-2005, 2:43 AM
Heh... well now that I've played the full game, Boss actually says this line to a disrespectful Clone Trooper who was mocking your "deluxe model" and Commando training. He quickly straightened up. :p

Heh! Simple clones wussies. :xp:
 Drax Kreiger
03-04-2005, 9:11 AM
I like the part in the game where Boss discovers the lightsaber. He says someting like: "A more civilized weapon for a more civilized age, hmmmm? Times have changed." It was pretty funny.
 tommygunner
03-04-2005, 12:26 PM
hey every1 is saying they see the commandos say something in the subtitles... i never saw any subtitles... is it cause my pixel shader needs to be better?:(
 TK-8252
03-04-2005, 3:38 PM
Originally posted by tommygunner
hey every1 is saying they see the commandos say something in the subtitles... i never saw any subtitles... is it cause my pixel shader needs to be better?:(

Maybe because you didn't enable subtitles in options?
 Joetheeskimo
03-04-2005, 3:55 PM
Originally posted by tommygunner
is it cause my pixel shader needs to be better?:(

:lol:

What TK said, anyway. :indif:
 Usurpo
03-04-2005, 4:20 PM
Originally posted by Drax Kreiger
I like the part in the game where Boss discovers the lightsaber. He says someting like: "A more civilized weapon for a more civilized age, hmmmm? Times have changed." It was pretty funny.

Its in the Republic Assault Ship, where you can go an alternate route and find a light sabre on the ground. Ironic, though, there are no Jedi about...
 PhireStorm
03-06-2005, 8:21 PM
Scorch, all the way!

Have anyone tryed to kill your team mates? I did. the first two near me. Scorch and Sev, they didn't put up a fight, and i was about to whack fixer... then he says " We got a rogue clone here!". He melee slaps me,I die... game over!
 Shok_Tinoktin
03-06-2005, 10:04 PM
Originally posted by PhireStorm
Have anyone tryed to kill your team mates?

Ocassionaly I will strategically kill them and revive them so they are at half health (obviously I do this when they are at less then half health). For some reason they don't appreciate what I'm doing for them. :confused:
Page: 1 of 2