Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Xbox Demo Review by Zbomber *demo spoilers*

Page: 1 of 1
 Kurgan
01-31-2005, 2:21 PM
Here you go, and big thanks to Zbomber for sending us the content (especially the screen & video grabs).

Hopefully we can get a review(s) of the PC demo up as soon as people submit one to us...

http://www.republiccommando.net/demo/rc_demoreview.html)

Please let me know if there are any corrections, updates to the article.
 shukrallah
01-31-2005, 2:46 PM
Both Halo and RC have similar game pace. But, the enemies are also similar. The Grunts would be the Battle Droids, the jackals would be the Super Battle Droids, the Elites the droideka, and the Hunters would represent the boss, the Spider Droid. The enemies in RC die as easily or as hard as the enemies from Halo listed above. The controls are basically the same too.

Halo PC made me feel dizy, I hope its not like this with RC...
 El Sitherino
01-31-2005, 3:16 PM
RC for PC is nothing like Halo for PC. RC plays like UT, which it should, since it was built on the UT engine. The Halo controls on xbox are the standard FPS buttons, so naturally they'd be the same on RC.
 ZBomber
01-31-2005, 3:18 PM
What do you mean dizzy? I meant that the enemies *types and how often they appear) and controls are similar to Halo.

Also, there are videos, so check them out for your own opinion. :)

And thanks for posting Kurgan! I'll work on the PC demo review. :)
 shukrallah
01-31-2005, 3:28 PM
Whenever I play Halo I get headaches and stuff. I think its got something to do with the movement... or maybe low FPS.
Page: 1 of 1