Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

MECK Project - The Insidious Plot

Page: 1 of 2
 Xavier2
01-30-2005, 11:41 AM
The Insidious Plot available in http://www.pcgamemods.com/10014/)

A part of the Movie Episodes Conversion for Kotor (MECK) Project

Description:

This mod is a new Padawan mod for KOTOR after Grif Vindh's Roleplay Padawan Mod with his permission. It takes place in the Endar Spire and Dantooine and blends with the normal game.

This Mod also features new models and skins as described bellow

Features:

Besides adding a backstory for your PC related to the movie episodes storyline this MOD adds some features to the
game. Here they are:

Movie Style heads (new skins):
------------------

1. Episode I Obi-Wan Kenobi head (with Dark side transitions)-To get it simply choose from the begining

2. Episode II Anakin Skywalker head (with Dark side transitions)-To get it simply choose from the begining

3. Episode I Qui-Gon Jinn head (no Dark side transitions)-Only available for NPC Trask

4. Episode I Darth Maul head (no Dark side transitions)-Only available for NPC Darth Bandon

Movie Style Jedi Robes (new model and skins):
----------------------

1. Episode II Padawan Anakin Skywalker robes-To get it use the cheat code padwanakin_robe

Defense +2
Strengh +2

2. Darth Maul cloak-To get it use the cheat code maul_cloak

Defense +5
Strengh +2
Dexterity +2
Disguise Makes you look like Darth Maul

3. Episode I Padawan Obi-Wan Kenobi robes-To get it use the cheat code padwkenobi_robe

Defense +2
Dexterity +2

4. Episode II Jedi Knight Obi-Wan Kenobi robes-To get it use the cheat code knghtkenobi_robe

Defense +3
Dexterity +2
Weapon Proficiency: Lightsaber

4. Episode III Jedi Master Obi-Wan Kenobi robes-To get it use the cheat code mstrkenobi_robe

Defense +3
Dexterity +2
Weapon Proficiency: Lightsaber
Immunity Critical Hits

5. Jedi Master Qui-Gon Jinn robes-To get it use the cheat code mstrjinn_robe

Defense +5
Constitution +2
Master Power Attack
Immunity Mind-Affecting

6. Jedi Master Mace Windu robes-To get it use the cheat code mstrwindu_robe

Defense +5
Charisma +2
Master Empathy
Damage resistance Fire 20/-

All Other Jedi Robes (new model and skins):
---------------------

Brown Jedi robes were replaced by a Bultar Swan like robe by Xavier2;
Black Dark Jedi robes were replaced by a black and grey version by PRIME;
Blue Jedi robes were replaced by a custom version by Xavier2;
Red Jedi robes were replaced by a custom version by Xavier2.

Known Issues:

You must have the replacement otion of the Clone Troopers MOD installed or the game won't run.

This side quest was intended to be compatible with Redhawke Jawa Shop, new planet Ord Madell, the
Clone Troopers MOD and Enter Jabba's Palace side quest.

If you already have a modified appearance.2da,heads.2da and Globalcat.2da (apart from Ord mandell)
file in your Override folder, note that instaling this mod will replace said files thus having
undesirable effects on other mods. You will have to choose which mod you want to use.

Credits:

PLOT
Xavier2;

DIALOGS
Xavier2

SCRIPTS
Darth333 and Tk102 (source scripts) and Xavier2

CHARACTER MODEL
Xavier2

CHARACTER SKINS
Prime (Movie Style Jedi Robes, Dark Jedi robe) and Xavier2 (All other Jedi Robes)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v378/Xavier2x/TheInsidiousPlot.jpg)
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v378/Xavier2x/TheInsidiousPlot2.jpg)
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v378/Xavier2x/TheInsidiousPlot3.jpg)
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v378/Xavier2x/TheInsidiousPlot4.jpg)
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v378/Xavier2x/Obi-Wan.jpg)
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v378/Xavier2x/Qui-GonJinn2.jpg)
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v378/Xavier2x/MovieRobe.jpg)
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v378/Xavier2x/MovieRobe2.jpg)
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v378/Xavier2x/MovieRobe3.jpg)
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v378/Xavier2x/MovieRobe4.jpg)
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v378/Xavier2x/BlackRobe.jpg)
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v378/Xavier2x/BrownRobe.jpg)
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v378/Xavier2x/BlueRobe.jpg)
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v378/Xavier2x/RedRobe.jpg)
 Mav
01-30-2005, 11:55 AM
I'm downloading this one, awesome job.
 PoM
01-30-2005, 11:57 AM
Holy Sweet Banana apple!!:eek:

This was something new!

And..ehm...
*Clicky*

I've got my copy!

....This is good, really is!

Thinking of how fast people are here, this may not be first reply.

Edit: D'oh!
 Darth Stryke
01-30-2005, 11:58 AM
Looks great, although I will probably not play it more than once due to the fact that aside from saber hilts and a few basic designs (like the robes, they rock) I don't like a bunch of stuff from the films in it. Just seems out of place to me, my opinion though. That said, the remodeled robes are awesome looking and I definitely admire the amount of work that was obviously put into this. Can't wait to check it out in a bit :D You should release a robe pack with these and other robes so the game can have more varity in the jedi so they do not all look the same. (Kudos to Achilles Robes mod for doing that)
 Seon
01-30-2005, 12:21 PM
"You must have the replacement otion of the Clone Troopers MOD installed or the game won't run. "

OKay what does that mean ??:( oh and I love this mod ...looks so cool :) congrads
 Colma Adawin
01-30-2005, 12:28 PM
got my copy!!

cant wait to try it out!!!

this will go very nicely with my sabre textures :p and the Storm - Clone Trooper mods

Thanx Xavier2 :cool:

MattCole

EDIT:

dude, i've just tried it, and, im speechless, this IS the UHPM (Ultimate Holowan Padewan Mod) Congrats! i'm still shocked, its soo extensive, a lot of time and pride was put into this mod. IS A MUST HAVE!!!!

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D
 Xavier2
01-30-2005, 2:32 PM
Originally posted by Seon
"You must have the replacement otion of the Clone Troopers MOD installed or the game won't run. "

OKay what does that mean ??:( oh and I love this mod ...looks so cool :) congrads
The Clone Troopers mod has 2 options: Player items and replacement items. You need to have the second one. The appearance.2da included in my mod has the Republic Soldiers appearance of PRIME's mod.
 Archonon
01-30-2005, 6:22 PM
Congrats on the mod, looks fantastic.

Xavier about the clone replacements, does that mean that the Republic troopers need to be replaced by the Clone Troopers in order for this side quest to work, did I get that right?

I noticed the warning about the 2da file overrides, can I use mods that add or change other things aside these specific files, things such as Jango Fett's armor, additional robes or lightsabers which don't have replacement head.2da, appearance.2da or globalcat.2da? Sorry for such a noob question but though I'm collecting quite a couple of KotOR mods, I haven't even installed a single one yet and I just want to be sure I'm not going to put things that will be incompatible.

Thanks and awesome work MECK team.
 Xavier2
01-30-2005, 6:55 PM
Originally posted by Archonon
Xavier about the clone replacements, does that mean that the Republic troopers need to be replaced by the Clone Troopers in order for this side quest to work, did I get that right?
Yes, you got that right. The thing is that the only way to make them compatible is to use the same models, therefore said models must be referred in app.2da.
Better saying: EDIT: The Clone Troopers mod has 2 options, player items and replacement items. You must have at least the replacement option (or both if you want) installed. The thing is that in order to get full compatibility the Clone Troopers models must be referred in my app.2da. But if they are referred there and you don't have said models the game will crash.
I noticed the warning about the 2da file overrides, can I use mods that add or change other things aside these specific files, things such as Jango Fett's armor, additional robes or lightsabers which don't have replacement head.2da, appearance.2da or globalcat.2da? Sorry for such a noob question but though I'm collecting quite a couple of KotOR mods, I haven't even installed a single one yet and I just want to be sure I'm not going to put things that will be incompatible.
Any mods who don't have head.2da, appearance.2da or globalcat.2da may or may not be compatible...For Instance, any mod using a robe skin will run but won't fit properly in the new robe model included in The Insidious Plot. Apart from that i believe any other mod shouldn't have any incompatibility issues
 FunSolo
01-30-2005, 7:03 PM
u really did n amazing job *bows down* :drop2:

i just tried the first minutes of a new game till it crashed on taris and it cought me again :D i think i know what i do till the release of kotor2. just playin your mods man. congratz to the MECK project or better the ppl who made this incredible stuff wit jabba n this :lol:
 stingerhs
01-30-2005, 7:25 PM
dude!! i haven't really been visiting holowan to much, and suddenly i come in only to find out that you've released another incredible mod.

this is just, well, awe-inspiring. i'm glad to see that you've been able to get all this done. having gone back to your WIP thread, i seem to remember you being busy with other things, so go ahead and get some rest. you deserve it.
:joy:
 Vampiro
01-31-2005, 2:52 AM
with all reading i did, i still dont get it really well, i mean, i have downloaded the clonetroopers, And i i put them both in my Override i can't play with the Obi-Wan's head,

So can any1 explain to me what is a easy explaination, not fancy stuff, please easy foreign english...

BTW, that Qui-Gon Jin heads looks amazing, can u maybe make a simple mod of that with those robes:),

Anyway great stuff Xavier, and please guys can u help me with this one?
 RebelScum!
01-31-2005, 5:17 AM
Originally posted by Piece of metal
Holy Sweet Banana apple!!:eek:

This was something new!

And..ehm...
*Clicky*

I've got my copy!

....This is good, really is!

Thinking of how fast people are here, this may not be first reply.

Edit: D'oh!

Well said young padawan, well said, :yoda:

Anyway awesome Meck!

Meck=Owange

Wamp-a Wampa
 ChAiNz.2da
01-31-2005, 6:15 AM
Originally posted by Vampiro
with all reading i did, i still dont get it really well, i mean, i have downloaded the clonetroopers, And i i put them both in my Override i can't play with the Obi-Wan's head,
Hey Vampiro, when you installed the Clone Troopers mod, did you install it before or after the Insidious Plot.

You'll want to install the Clone Troopers first, then install the Insidious Plot mod. Make sure you use the .2da files that are included with the Insidous Plot mod...overwriting if necessary.

But keep in mind if you have other mods that use those files, it would be best to edit this mod's .2da files with your entries to ensure compatibility. :)
 Xavier2
01-31-2005, 6:25 AM
Originally posted by Vampiro

So can any1 explain to me what is a easy explaination, not fancy stuff, please easy foreign english...

BTW, that Qui-Gon Jin heads looks amazing, can u maybe make a simple mod of that with those robes:),

Anyway great stuff Xavier, and please guys can u help me with this one?
Install the Clone Troopers first and then The Insidious Plot. Insidious Plot appearance.2da and Heads.2da is an updated version of the MECK stuff and contains all elements of the Clone Troopers plus its own elements. The Obi-Wan head is there, but not in the Clone Troopers heads/appearance.2da.

Hope this explanation is simple enough.

Good luck
 Seon
01-31-2005, 12:39 PM
How about a way to put Carths original head and body (clothes)back?I liked it the way it was . no offence guys :(
 Mono_Giganto
01-31-2005, 1:20 PM
What can I say?

Ownage. :thumbsup:
 Prime
01-31-2005, 1:27 PM

OKay what does that mean ??:( oh First, for those who don't have it you can get the clone trooper mod either at pcgamemods.com (http://pcgamemods.com/8967/) or on my site. (http://warpedproductions.echonetwork.net/games.html) Once you have that, have a look in the included readme file. It shows you how to install the required parts (in bold):
KOTOR Republic Clone Trooper Mod
================================
A part of the Movie Episodes Conversion for Kotor (MECK) Project

[snipped for space]

Description:
------------
This mod adds Republic Clone Troopers to Knights of the Old Republic. There are multiple
armours and helmets that reflect those seen in Attack of the Clones. These variants are:

Standard Trooper - White
Sergeant - Green
Lieutenant - Blue
Captain - Red
Commander - Yellow
Pilot - Yellow with unique helmet

Part 1: Player Items
This adds clone trooper armour that is wearable by players and party NPCs. The mod
includes both body armour suits and helmets, and they can be equiped independently
of each other. Along with altering the characters appearance, the clone trooper armour
provides the following bonuses to the player characters:

Body Armour:
Defense +14
Max Dexterity Bonus +0
Limited environmental protection

Helmet:
Awareness +4
Immunity to poison

Part 2: Clone Trooper Replacement
This replaces all the Republic troopers with Clone Troopers. All other features and
behaviors of the Republic troopers remain the same, with only their appearance altered.
Carth is also altered to look more like the clones from AOTC, as well as provides him
with suitable clothing. His behavior is also not altered.

Installation:
-------------
This zip file contains two directories. The "player items" directory contains the
armours, helmets, and blaster rifle. [/b]The "soldier replacement" directory contains
all the files needed to replace the republic troopers with clone troopers, and turn
Carth into a clone.

Extract these files into a directory of your choice. NOTE: make sure that the "use folder
names" option is selected. This will result in the two directories mentioned above
being created with the appropriate files found in each of them. [/b]

OPTION 1: Player Items

Copy all the files from the extracted "player items" dierctory into the KOTOR
"Override" directory. This adds all the armours so that they can be found at various
points throughout the game.

OPTIONAL
Cheats can be used to add the armours and helmets to the player character's inventory.
To enable cheats, in your game directory edit swkotor.ini and under [Game Options]
add EnableCheats=1. Start the game then when playing press ' to bring down the console
prompt, which appears as a ">" in the upper left corner. At the console prompt, type
"giveitem <item name>" to add the item to the inventory.

The item names are:

Soldier: soldier_armour, soldier_helmet
Sergeant: sergeant_armour, sergeant_helmet
Lieutenant: lieut_armour, lieut_helmet
Captain: captain_armour, captain_helmet
Commander: commander_armour, commander_helmet
Pilot: pilot_armour, pilot_helmet
Rifle: g_w_hvrptbltr097

OPTION 2: Trooper Replacement

Copy all the files from the extracted "soldier replacement" dierctory into the KOTOR
"Override" directory.

Once the files have been moved to the Override directory, the player items and soldier
replacement directories can be deleted.

Uninstall
---------
Simply remove all the files from the Override directory.

[snipped for space]

You need to install that before you install this mod.

But I have to say, I think this turned out very well. I'm glad I was able to be a part of it. It definitely gets the

http://torch.cs.dal.ca/~mroger/threadpics/primestamppwn.jpg)
 90SK
01-31-2005, 2:09 PM
Wow. Its out. This is surreal, I've been looking forward to this for a long long time.! 1000/10! Fantastic Job!:thmbup1:
 Xavier2
01-31-2005, 2:34 PM
Originally posted by Prime
But I have to say, I think this turned out very well. I'm glad I was able to be a part of it. It definitely gets the

http://torch.cs.dal.ca/~mroger/threadpics/primestamppwn.jpg)
And i am glad you were involved buddy. The skins turned out cooler than i could ever imagined.
 Xavier2
01-31-2005, 2:39 PM
How about a way to put Carths original head and body (clothes)back?I liked it the way it was . no offence guys :(
Pretty simple. Just do not place CarthH.tga, CarthHhair.tga, P_CarthH.mdl, P_CarthH.mdx, P_CarthBB01.tga and PO_pcarth.tga in your Override folder.

Good luck.
 Archonon
01-31-2005, 8:00 PM
Originally posted by Xavier2
Any mods who don't have head.2da, appearance.2da or globalcat.2da may or may not be compatible...For Instance, any mod using a robe skin will run but won't fit properly in the new robe model included in The Insidious Plot. Apart from that i believe any other mod shouldn't have any incompatibility issues

Ok I get the robe issue that might come up, but then the robes I was going to add were the Anakin Ep2 robes and Prime's robes which I think are already here so it isn't an issue anymore. But I won't get any problems adding the Jango Armor right? Was really hoping for Canderous to get a spiffy new look in my next game.

Also, do the Ord Mantell and Jabba's Palace sidequests need to be installed also before this and the clones? I mean do these require a specific order of installation aside the clones and this one? I don't know if these make any difference at all but since the clones need to be installed before this I thought I'd ask to be sure.

Thanks again.
 Mav
01-31-2005, 9:03 PM
I know you guys are being flooded with questions concerning your mod, but is it possible to add the new robe model and robes without adding or altering the appearence.2da file?
 Xavier2
02-01-2005, 4:40 AM
Ok I get the robe issue that might come up, but then the robes I was going to add were the Anakin Ep2 robes and Prime's robes which I think are already here so it isn't an issue anymore. But I won't get any problems adding the Jango Armor right? Was really hoping for Canderous to get a spiffy new look in my next game.
No problem with mine or Orsan's Jango armor. Any other one i would have to see the fiies to answer that.

Regarding the robes, remember that the movie style Jedi robes included in this pack are all new skins made specifically for this robe model by Prime. His old versions won't fit the new model properly.
Also, do the Ord Mantell and Jabba's Palace sidequests need to be installed also before this and the clones? I mean do these require a specific order of installation aside the clones and this one? I don't know if these make any difference at all but since the clones need to be installed before this I thought I'd ask to be sure.
You only need the Clone Troopers installed before installing The Insidious Plot. All other mods you mentioned are compatible, but not necessary. To get the compatibility set right you need to install them in the order they were released (the newer mods contains older mods features, plus its own content).

Hope i was clear
 RebelScum!
02-01-2005, 5:01 AM
Originally posted by Mono_Giganto
What can I say?

Ownage. :thumbsup:

Thats the way to say it ;)

Anyway looking forward to the next Meck project...and does Meck stand for somthing? :confused:
 Xavier2
02-01-2005, 5:31 AM
Originally posted by maverick187
I know you guys are being flooded with questions concerning your mod, but is it possible to add the new robe model and robes without adding or altering the appearence.2da file?
The robes files are:

Models:
pmbim.mdl/mdx files
pmbil.mdl/mdx files
pmbis.mdl/mdx files

Skins:
several pmbiXY.tga files

To get only the robes, therefore no app.2da file necessary (but also no padawan mod) place only the above in your Override.

Good luck.
 Mav
02-01-2005, 7:11 AM
^^^^

Thanks Xavier2
 Archonon
02-01-2005, 10:08 AM
No problem with mine or Orsan's Jango armor. Any other one i would have to see the fiies to answer that.

Regarding the robes, remember that the movie style Jedi robes included in this pack are all new skins made specifically for this robe model by Prime. His old versions won't fit the new model properly.

You only need the Clone Troopers installed before installing The Insidious Plot. All other mods you mentioned are compatible, but not necessary. To get the compatibility set right you need to install them in the order they were released (the newer mods contains older mods features, plus its own content).

Hope i was clear

Yeah I understand. I'd have to install Ord Mantell, then Jabba's Palace, then the Clone mod and finally this one if memory serves.

I realize that the robes you put here are new, what I meant was that the robes I was going to add where the older Anakin Ep2 robes and Prime's older pack but since a newer version of those robes comes with this pack already I don't need to install them anymore.

The other mods I was thinking of adding were T7Nowhere's lightsaber pack and Qui-Gon's LS, Orsan's and your Jango Armor and Revan's Items by ChAiNz, though this last one I don't think will be compatible (The robe issue as well as the sabers included with the prior mentioned saber packs might be too many upcrys.2das to be compatible). I also think there's a mod to make KotOR harder...not sure. Anyway that's the stuff I was thiking of using aside the MECK stuff, hopefully the saber hilts will be compatible as the Jango Armor is.

I can't use the KotOR Mod Manager to install these right?

My final question is does the MECK team have a webpage where I can look up what other projects the team is working on? I'd really love to know what side quests and what other things are being planned by the MECK team.

Thanks again for all the assistance it is greatly appreciated.
 ChAiNz.2da
02-01-2005, 10:26 AM
The other mods I was thinking of adding were T7Nowhere's lightsaber pack and Qui-Gon's LS, Orsan's and your Jango Armor and Revan's Items by ChAiNz, though this last one I don't think will be compatible (The robe issue as well as the sabers included with the prior mentioned saber packs might be too many upcrys.2das to be compatible).
Hey Archonon,
I had previously created an upcrystals.2da that's compatible with a few saber mods, including T7's, mine, Redhawke's & Maverick187's.

You can check out the list & download link here:

http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=143144)

It's the 5th post from the bottom...

As far as the robe goes however, I'm not sure. But seeing as that was my first ever mod (ahhh...memories), this was before the 'bouncing camera' trick. So if you use it, fight scenes may drive you crazy hopping around ;)... hehe
 Xavier2
02-01-2005, 10:36 AM
I can't use the KotOR Mod Manager to install these right?
You can.
My final question is does the MECK team have a webpage where I can look up what other projects the team is working on? I'd really love to know what side quests and what other things are being planned by the MECK team.
PRIME has his own website, look some posts above. Other than that we usually post the stuff here in Hollowan threads.
Thanks again for all the assistance it is greatly appreciated.
You are welcomed.
 Archonon
02-01-2005, 7:35 PM
Thanks a lot ChAiNz that's awesome. Yeah too bad about the robe, I've never seen the camera thing but I hear it gets a bit wild hehehe.

Thanks again Xavier2, too bad there isn't an official project list I'm really curious just how far you guys plan to get with KotOR since Sith Lords is around the corner in just under two weeks. Really looking forward to what you guys are coming up with next.
 bneezy
02-01-2005, 8:04 PM
Holy crap! Nice work on Qui-Gon.
 kampher
02-02-2005, 1:19 PM
The problem I keep having is that, the clone trooper helmets conflict with a lot of mods. Boba fett has the regular outfit, but a clone trooper helmet, instead of his. Some other mods such as svosh's Heart of the Guardian, and Fuel of hate also look like clone trooper helms. What .2da file to I need to mess with so that these dont conflict.
 Archonon
02-04-2005, 11:50 AM
Kampher is the Boba Fett the one from the Jabba's Palace sidequest? If so I hope they can fix the clone helmet issue. The Heart of the Guardian and others is probably because those mods use a modified appearance.2da file and since the Clone troopers does this also, the clone troopers overwrote the original appearance.2da so that's why they have the clone helmet but Boba in Jabba's Quest should be compatible as it was made by the same people.

Then again I could be completely mistaken as I haven't a clue how to mod KotOR.
 Xavier2
02-04-2005, 2:16 PM
Originally posted by kampher
The problem I keep having is that, the clone trooper helmets conflict with a lot of mods. Boba fett has the regular outfit, but a clone trooper helmet, instead of his. Some other mods such as svosh's Heart of the Guardian, and Fuel of hate also look like clone trooper helms. What .2da file to I need to mess with so that these dont conflict.
This problem you are talking about is not duo to .2da conflict, but rather duo to helmet models with the same denomination. Darkkender has posted a version of Enter Jabba's Palace that has solved this clone trooper helmet conflict. Regarding svosh's mods i can't say for sure...
 Xavier2
02-04-2005, 2:22 PM
New version of the mod at PCGAMEMODS:

http://www.pcgamemods.com/10100/)

Description:

This mod is the version 1.1 of the previous one, because there was a file missing in the first pack. The version 1.0 as this one is a new Padawan mod for KOTOR after Grif Vindh's Roleplay Padawan Mod with his permission.
It takes place in the Endar Spire and Dantooine and blends with the normal game. In Dantooine talk to
the Jedi dressed in red robes near the Endar Spire.

This Mod also features new models and skins as described in the Read me. Please read it for more info.
 FunSolo
02-04-2005, 2:56 PM
can i just overwrite the files?
 Xavier2
02-04-2005, 4:42 PM
Originally posted by FunSolo
can i just overwrite the files?
Yes.
 Archonon
02-04-2005, 4:47 PM
Hey Xavier was the fix you mentioned for the clonetrooper helmet issue the Jabba's Palace 1.1 patch? The readme mentions Boba's helmet overriding Revan's mask and other issues but not the clone helmet.

Is there another file I need then to fix this?

Thanks
 Xavier2
02-05-2005, 9:41 AM
Hey Xavier was the fix you mentioned for the Clonetrooper helmet issue the Jabba's Palace 1.1 patch?
A few posts up i discussed this. There is an Enter Jabba's Palace v 1.11 in PCGAMEMODS.

The Insidious Plot v 1.1 simply adds the file globalcat.2da. Without this particular file the player would't be able to talk to Mace Windu in Dantooine.
 90SK
02-05-2005, 9:56 AM
Wow, I love what you've done with Revan's robes (Maul's cloak). I think Maul is my favorite aspect of the mod; you guys did a great job with him! Once again, fantastic work!
 Archonon
02-05-2005, 1:33 PM
A few posts up i discussed this. There is an Enter Jabba's Palace v 1.11 in PCGAMEMODS.

The Insidious Plot v 1.1 simply adds the file globalcat.2da. Without this particular file the player would't be able to talk to Mace Windu in Dantooine.

Yeah, what I meant was if v1.11 of Jabba's Palalce is the fix you mentioned darkender released for the Clonetrooper helmet issue or if it is another file? My apologies for not being clear.

Thanks so much, great work you guys.
 FunSolo
02-07-2005, 5:37 AM
i dont get it....
after all these lil updates and crossin files between the mods im gettin confused as hell now.

i had the stormtroopers1.1 mod installed plus some other cosmetical stuff like the hardcore n the romance mod.
then i installed the clonetroopers mod but it conflicted wit the stormtroopers mod, so i had to remove it(the stormy one).
then i installed jabbas palace plus the first patch. then this insidious plot. then another patch for jabbas was released, and then another patch for the plot. then u were talkin bout a patch for the stormtroopers mod that there are no conflicts.. and i can install it overeachother in anyway, it wont be like it was said before.

i get the robes and faces of the plot, but no storm- or clontroopers. otherwise i was getting the clonetroopers but nothin of this plot an im not even startin to talk about the confusin stuff with the stormtroopers mod.

lol

this is quite to much for me.
is it possible to make a zip file with everything of these 4 mods included?
or to give me a noob-solution for this problems.? :confused:
 Xavier2
02-07-2005, 7:40 AM
i dont get it....
after all these lil updates and crossin files between the mods im gettin confused as hell now...

...this is quite to much for me.
is it possible to make a zip file with everything of these 4 mods included?
or to give me a noob-solution for this problems.? :confused:
The straight forward solution is to install the mods in the order they were released.

ChaiNZ a while ago was kind enough to come up with a compatible app.2da for Storm Troopers, Clone Troopers and Enter Jabba's Palace. The Insidious Plot didn't used this file because i have started it before that. The only compatibility i have specifically adressed to, was the Clone Troopers and Enter Jabba's Palace.

If anyone in the community feels like working it around i am sure we would all be gratefull. I just don't have the time to spare right now..:(
 FunSolo
02-07-2005, 8:06 AM
well when u can lead me toward that file im glad :D

or else.. i gotta try again and again... till someone can do that 'grateful solution'
 ChAiNz.2da
02-07-2005, 8:08 AM
well when u can lead me toward that file im glad :D

or else.. i gotta try again and again... till someone can do that 'grateful solution'

http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=141705&perpage=40&highlight=jabba&pagenumber=2)

second post, can't miss it ;) heheh

you'll still need to add "The Insidious Plot" lines to it, but it beats the alternative... :D
 FunSolo
02-07-2005, 9:29 AM
umm.. and what lines do i have to edit? .oO( and how.. ) sorry to ask that, i feel like.. my skillz in modding kotor.. like a noob :rolleyes: :D
 ChAiNz.2da
02-07-2005, 9:42 AM
umm.. and what lines do i have to edit? .oO( and how.. ) sorry to ask that, i feel like.. my skillz in modding kotor.. like a noob :rolleyes: :D
You'll need to use Fred's KotOR Tool to open the appearance.2da files (both), and then the fun part...go through and compare entries :eek:

I haven't had a chance to look over them myself (otherwise there would be a new merged file ;) ), but I would say to check the last line entries first. Most changes are usually there. But be sure to go through the rest of the lines as well...

Normally I'd have done it by now, but my current WIP gets my priority. Perhaps tomorrow there may be a new merged file available. But this shouldn't be an excuse to not edit your own. The more you know, the easier installing mods like these get :D especially when TSL gets released...soon (yay)
 Darth333
02-07-2005, 9:45 AM
I posted all the details concerning .2da modificaitons in the stormtrooper mod in this post. (http://lucasforums.com/showthread.php?s=&postid=1672639#post1672639)

Hope this helps.
 FunSolo
02-07-2005, 9:45 AM
k.. i'll try my best to do that, thx anyway. and feel free to upload a new file, just for the case that im ummm... begging again.. ;) :D

cant wait aswell to get my copy next week of TSL *hoppin around* lol
Page: 1 of 2