Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Ebon Hawk Construction Bench is now up at My Site

Page: 1 of 1
 RedHawke
01-29-2005, 10:36 PM
Hello again people, :waive1:

I'm at it again... what started out as something simple snowballed a little on me into one of the largest .dlg files I have ever made (It takes up the majority of this mods filesize too!), but all went well, and now I present to you;

(With a big nod to TSL) The Ebon Hawk Construction Bench...

You can get it from my Site... Here. :ben: (http://www.citlink.net/~redhawke/)

With my continuing mission to make everyone's PC's spend their hard won, or easily cheated credits, I have a new mod that will help you in this area.

What does it do, you ask?
--------------------------------------------------
(From The Readme)
This mod alters the Ebon Hawk's workbench to be able to build brand new items and some of the normal game items, now when you click on the Ebon Hawk's workbench it becomes a super handy TSL-esque Construction Bench. Henceforth referred to simply as the CB.

This mod does too much to be listed... but, what you can build at the CB will change as your skills are increased, the skills that affect the CB are; (Repair, Demolitions, and Treat_Injury) also some things might require you to be a certain level or a Jedi, if you don't have enough credits, etc. There are a ton of possible combinations.

But I'll try to list the highlights there is at least one of each major weapon type that is buildable at the CB, as well as one new of each armor type, including armored clothes. All the buildable weapons and armor have the word "Custom" in their title and most all are fully upgradeable, there are no new skins for these armors and weapons, the armors all use the first texture variation, the weapons use one of the standard games variants, new textures for these items would increase the mods size drastically, but all you people out there can alter the item .uti files to point to whatever textures you wish, I leave that up to you.

Along with the above, you can also construct 4 Custom Jedi Robes, 1 in each game color, and 2 new Custom Battle Robes (Revan/Star Forge Skins) stronger than the normal robes, all robes are upgradeable. Like the armor's they use standard game textures. The robe .uti files are easily alterable like the armors.

You can also build lightsabers, all 3 styles, single, double, and short, at the CB, only the Standard colors are supported, but here's the bonus the bench gives you, the saber color you get is completely random, and you even have a slim (5% or so) chance to build yourself a HOTG ot MOTF saber with the CB. How cool is that?

Also you are able to build, pending your appropriate skill level of course, any of the games Grenades (Even the mighty Thermal Detonator), Mines, Medpacks, Stims, Repair Kits, Parts Packs, Computer Spikes, Armor Upgrades, and Weapon Upgrades. Most of these also have the option for you to build quantites (1, 5, or 10), so you don't need to build these one at a time, unless heavy use of the CB makes you poor of course, if you don't have enough credits the options will not show up as well. :)

Of course everything you build costs you some credits for the building supplies, etc.

This is fully compatable with all my other Mods, and just about everyone else's as well... at least I don't remember one that made use of the Ebon Hawk's Workbench??? :eek:
Darth333 also deserves some well earned credit as well, for being my conditional scripting salvation!

Enjoy people! :D

EDIT: And yes (ChAiNz) it still works as a Regular Workbench!
 FiEND_138
01-29-2005, 11:03 PM
Very VERY cool!

:worship:
 ChAiNz.2da
01-30-2005, 1:18 AM
Originally posted by RedHawke
And yes (ChAiNz) it still works as a Regular Workbench!
Somebody's been reading their comments ;) hehe

Thanks for the quick response! This mod looks completely bad-ass! conspirator!! :lol:
 Darkkender
01-30-2005, 5:37 AM
This sounds awesome now to get a chance to DL it when I get home from work tonight. If only they would give me access to my PC's usb ports at work. I can DL to a floppy but not my jumpdrive here.:mad: I suppose it's okay because I would never get work done because I would mod from work.

By the way is the muse still hitting you with that good right-cross.
 Emperor Devon
01-30-2005, 9:42 AM
Awesome mod, RedHawke.... I'm glad people are still making KOTOR mods, enen though TSL is out. :D

Wow, I now have 2,007 files in my override, and I don't even have the plug-in...
 Darth Stryke
01-30-2005, 9:56 AM
Awesome work as always. As soon as I am done with this paper I have to write for class, I will try it out. :D
 Mav
01-30-2005, 10:27 AM
yea I gotta write a paper, skin my freakin' saber, which is actually getting easier the 20th time around, and dpo some math homework, but I'll get back to ya RedHawke.... LOL
 Mav
01-30-2005, 9:16 PM
Ummm RedHawke, a little help I click on the worbench, but the origianl one pops up not your new one, unless it looks exactly the same and I haven't figured out how to use it yet??

EDIT: I just thought of this, but I probably need to level up first, I'm only level 5 in my new game and I just re-read your readme... lol sorry
 RedHawke
01-30-2005, 9:20 PM
Originally posted by maverick187
Ummm RedHawke, a little help I click on the worbench, but the origianl one pops up not your new one, unless it looks exactly the same and I haven't figured out how to use it yet??
You are talking about the Ebon Hawk's workbench here right?

Have you installed all the necissary files?
 Mav
01-30-2005, 9:21 PM
I think I just need to level up, see my edit above... sorry.
 RedHawke
01-30-2005, 9:25 PM
I think I just need to level up, see my edit above... sorry.
No that isn't it, when you click on the workbench you should see a new computer dialogue, no matter what level you are, and not just go to the upgrade screen like normal.

If you don't see the dialogue then the k_pebo_upgrade.ncs script from the mod is not in your override, as that one should activate the dialogue instead of the upgrade screen.

:confused:
 Mav
01-30-2005, 9:30 PM
thats strange because I double checked and that is definetly in there, and still just the normal bench.
 RedHawke
01-30-2005, 9:31 PM
Try reinstalling it again, and overwrite all the files, see if that works.
 Mav
01-30-2005, 9:39 PM
I tried removing every file in my override and then installing just your mod, and now the bench doesn't even open at all, my games messed up.
 RedHawke
01-30-2005, 9:49 PM
I tried removing every file in my override and then installing just your mod, and now the bench doesn't even open at all, my games messed up.
That's just plain wierd! :confused:

I just double checked all the EH modules in the game and the 2 with workbenches (Regular EH, and the Unk. World EH) both use that script to use the workbench, so by all logic you should be seeing the dialogue... very strange game hiccup indeed. :eek:
 Mav
01-30-2005, 9:59 PM
I had a .utp file in the override, the same one from the Ebon Hawk, I took it out... didn't work... I edited it to have your dialouge... didn't work... strange indeed, I think I'm going to try adjusting the name of your script and then edit the .utp to have that name and your dialogue, who knows could work.

EDIT: Nope didn't work
 RedHawke
01-30-2005, 10:07 PM
I had a .utp file in the override, the same one from the Ebon Hawk, I took it out... didn't work... I edited it to have your dialouge... didn't work... strange indeed, I think I'm going to try adjusting the name of your script and then edit the .utp to have that name and your dialogue, who knows could work.
That would be the culprit, yes a repair bench .utp file in your override that is named the same as the Ebon Hawk's would definately screw with this mod, especially if it used a different upgrade script, you should remove that .utp and load from a previous save before you loaded the Ebon Hawk's module the first time. That should fix it. ;)

EDIT: Remember once you load a module all the info goes to your savegame, so unfortunately you will have to use a previous save...

EDIT 2: I see you got it all sorted out there Mav, have fun. :D
 Mav
01-30-2005, 10:19 PM
that did it, we got that son of a *sorry*... hehehe, I have no idea why that file was in there, probably for another mod but who cares yours is way better. OK the following is a warning to other users.

Warning before use of this mod remove any file with the name "reptbl002.utp" from your override folder
 Darkkender
01-31-2005, 5:11 AM
that did it, we got that son of a *sorry*... hehehe, I have no idea why that file was in there, probably for another mod but who cares yours is way better. OK the following is a warning to other users.

Warning before use of this mod remove any file with the name "reptbl002.utp" from your override folder

I'll have to make certain of the name of the files in my Tomb of Jesset Del'kest mod that I'm finishing since it uses the ebon hawk in one of the modules.
 RebelScum!
01-31-2005, 5:21 AM
Awesome no thats to normal. Sweet Nah dont say that to much. Ah ive got it!

Owange Redhawke Owange

Wamp-a Wampa
 RedHawke
01-31-2005, 7:49 PM
Originally posted by Darkkender
I'll have to make certain of the name of the files in my Tomb of Jesset Del'kest mod that I'm finishing since it uses the ebon hawk in one of the modules.
Actually Darkkender, if you leave the WB and it's activation script in your EH Module the same as the default files, then when you have it all packed into your .mod file people will be able to use that bench in your mod, with my mod to construct things as well, very nice indeed! Just a thought... :D

Remeber, the only things you need in override are possible .2da and .lip files and the actual files to get players into your new module, all the other files like the exit scripts, placeables, npc files, etc. all are packed into their respective .mod files and should not be placed into override. ;)
 Keiko
02-03-2005, 1:03 PM
Of course It's a PERFECT* download!:bounce1: :bounce1: :bounce1: :bounce1: :bounce1:
 Darkkender
02-03-2005, 4:14 PM
Actually Darkkender, if you leave the WB and it's activation script in your EH Module the same as the default files, then when you have it all packed into your .mod file people will be able to use that bench in your mod, with my mod to construct things as well, very nice indeed! Just a thought... :D

Remeber, the only things you need in override are possible .2da and .lip files and the actual files to get players into your new module, all the other files like the exit scripts, placeables, npc files, etc. all are packed into their respective .mod files and should not be placed into override. ;)

:D I'll have to make sure of that factor Redhawke.:D

2nd half: Are you saying I should throw all of my textures into the mod files as well? Wow 5mb MOD files here I come.:p
 RedHawke
02-03-2005, 6:19 PM
2nd half: Are you saying I should throw all of my textures into the mod files as well? Wow 5mb MOD files here I come.:p
Nope you do that and it won't work... Those will have to go into override as well.
 wolfshadow
02-04-2005, 4:04 AM
Rehawke:

Thanks for all the great mods. Been playing, and re-playing KOTOR for the last 2 weeks with yours, ChAinZ.2da's and Darth 333s mods.

Great work.

Looking forward to se what you can come up with for TSL for PC.
 RebelScum!
02-04-2005, 6:28 AM
Cant get over how cool this is thanks redhawke
 Darkkender
02-04-2005, 6:58 AM
Nope you do that and it won't work... Those will have to go into override as well.

I was going for a joke hence the :p smiley face. Of course if I only want the textures to appear in that single module is when I would pack them in there. But once out of that module I can kiss them goodbye.

Oh and after some testing last night Your construction workbench services work fine in there.:cool:
 Darth Smaug
02-04-2005, 8:51 AM
what can this contruction table do that the ordanary table in the bon hawk can't do??
 RedHawke
02-04-2005, 7:13 PM
Thanks everybody! :)
Originally posted by thijskerulescit
what can this contruction table do that the ordanary table in the bon hawk can't do??
My suggestion is to download it put the proper files in your override and see what it does. You just might like it! :D Or not! :eyeraise:
I was going for a joke hence the :p smiley face.
Er'... I knew that! :roleyess:
Oh and after some testing last night Your construction workbench services work fine in there.:cool:
[Mr.Burns] Excellent! [/Mr.Burns]

:D
 Darth Smaug
02-05-2005, 12:13 AM
ok redhawke i shall download it...I think it will be great cause most of you're mods are great :D
 Darth Smaug
02-05-2005, 11:16 AM
uh..redhawke...do you have pics of this mod? :D
 RedHawke
02-05-2005, 8:27 PM
uh..redhawke...do you have pics of this mod? :D
Pics of what? :eyeraise: This mod has nothing to take pics of? :confused:
 Mav
02-05-2005, 9:34 PM
^^^

LOL, omg that was funny........ *long moment of silence*..... okay I guess it was just me, maybe he wants you to show pictures of ...... the computer????
 Darth Smaug
02-06-2005, 1:56 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v608/D333/spampost.jpg)

Please stop spamming the boards and double/triple posting.

This is a warning.

-Darth333-
 RedHawke
02-06-2005, 4:19 PM
no i mean pics of you're mods.....where can i find them?
You are kidding right? :confused:
 Darth Smaug
02-07-2005, 12:18 AM
no...beacause i have problems with my internet i can't go to you're site...do you know another site where can download you're mods?
 RedHawke
02-07-2005, 1:34 AM
no...beacause i have problems with my internet i can't go to you're site...do you know another site where can download you're mods?
Nope only my site and pcgamemods...

If you are using IE and have been spywared to death, you might want to look into another browser, like Mozilla/Firefox (http://www.mozilla.org/products/firefox/). :D
 Darth Smaug
02-07-2005, 2:05 AM
thakns redhawke..PC mods works fine for me i will look on that site
 monkey joe
02-27-2005, 4:55 PM

well, I deleted all my other mods from my override and installed it and re-installed it, but it still doesn't work.
Is it for kotor 1?
I don't want to miss out on this but I can't find a way to get it to work.:(
 Darkkender
02-27-2005, 5:22 PM
Originally posted by monkey joe
well, I deleted all my other mods from my override and installed it and re-installed it, but it still doesn't work.
Is it for kotor 1?

Are you trying to use this in an existing game or in a brand new game?

As this will not work in a game where you have already used the Ebon hawk Construction bench as mentioned earlier. The reason is your save game data is taking priority.
 RedHawke
02-27-2005, 8:00 PM
Is it for kotor 1?

Yes... This mod is for KOTOR I only... It will not work in TSL.
If we are talking about using the Mod in KOTOR I here, it should work with any game you have immediately after installation. If it isn't working then you need to check and make sure all the files are correctly installed to your override.

Edit: Mospelling Mistake! :D
 monkey joe
02-28-2005, 1:16 PM
oh, ok thanks

by the way...
theres a lot of cool stuff in there, would it be hard to convert it to TSL?
 RedHawke
02-28-2005, 6:58 PM
oh, ok thanks
You are welcome! ;)
by the way...
theres a lot of cool stuff in there, would it be hard to convert it to TSL?
Well... it wouldn't really be hard, just time-consuming... and uneccissary, because of the way the Workbench works in TSL, all the dialogue and script checks would be useless.

This mod is pretty much rooted in the realm of KOTOR I... emulating a feature from TSL. :)
 BlazeHoliday
01-29-2007, 9:43 PM
so my big question is will this interfere with your starforge workbench. both use 3 of the same files.

k_psta_malakfrce
k_ptar_startcon
rh_psta_malakfrce

hopefully they don't cause they are both great items to have!
 RedHawke
01-30-2007, 1:50 AM
both use 3 of the same files.

k_psta_malakfrce
k_ptar_startcon
rh_psta_malakfrce
Sorry but this mod uses none of those listed files.
 BlazeHoliday
01-30-2007, 12:24 PM
I'm a complete noob RH, I'm sorry!

I already dumped both mods in the over ride and then when I went to add the SF workbench it said these items aready exsisted in that folder. Simple noob mistake. Thx for the quick reply though. Keep up the outstanding work!!! for both k1 and k2!

Blaze
 DarkReality
04-12-2007, 9:09 AM
I've got a problem with the Workbench: whenever I click on it, the usual computer interaction screen comes up (as it should), but there are no text options whatsoever (effectively freezing up my game as there is no way to exit anymore apart from alt+f4.

I have the german version of the game, but have already converted all files in my override folder with the dglconv proggy. I also used the Kotor Mod Manager to install the mod. Is this a somewhat common problem? Seeing how I know jack about modding, I have not the slightest clue where to look for an answer.
 RedHawke
04-12-2007, 11:53 PM
^^^^
I honestly have no idea what to tell you. It sounds like your game isn't reading the dialog file correctly. I only have the english version of the game so can offer no real help here.

This is just a wild guess, but it sounds to me like the dialog converter might have not converted the main workbench .dlg file, but this is only a guess.

Perhaps someone with a non-english version of the game who uses this mod will read this and can help you out better.

I wish I could be more helpful here. Sorry. :(
Page: 1 of 1