Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Wookie-only 'clothing/armour'

Page: 1 of 1
 Teancum
01-25-2005, 9:11 PM
Well, not clothing so much, but I have an idea.

I'd like to see Zaalbar more 'useful'. I use him quite a bit, but it would be nice to have more to him. So here's my thought:

When you get Zaalbar, he has that red bandolier. That's just what it should be, a bandolier ITEM. This item would give him level 1 weapon proficency on any blaster weapons, and maybe something else.

Then he could eventually along the game, probably on Kashyyyk, purchase other belt packs, like:

-Tool Belt - Demolitions +2, Repair +4, Security + 2
-Medical Sash - Treat Injury +5
-"Clothing" - Bare skin. Nuff' said. For those who prefer their wookies w/o acessories

Now as far as photoshopping different textures, that's easy for me. I also think I can figure out how to create new items, but is it possible to have a 'wookie only' item?
 RedHawke
01-25-2005, 10:29 PM
I think this would be possible... it probably would require the creation of a new item type in baseitems.2da you might want to start your modding there.

The order I would take is to;
--------------------------------------------------
1) Edit baseitems.2da to create your "Wookiee Banolier" line, have it equippable in the armor slot. It might be possible to restrict this to Wookiees only in baseitems.2da, but if it isn't no worries.

2)Then you would need to create the items .uti files that use your new baseitems.2da type. If you can't limit who can wear these in baseitems.2da then you would need to have the items require the Wookiee Toughness Feat as only Zaalbar has that.

3)Then you would need to place them in the game somehow... A Wookiee Merchant that appears on Kashyyk after you help the Wookiees rebel against the Cerka Corperation would be the proper place for it IMHO. :D

Anyway, I hope this points you in the right direction. :)
 ChAiNz.2da
01-26-2005, 12:54 AM
For some "odd" reason, one I've yet to find out why...my (and possibly others) Revan Armor will equip on Zalbaar! :eyeraise:

Though I'm sure you don't want a "Revan" running around grunting like a wookie, you could possibly dissect my mod and maybe find out why.

My only leads is either it's a 'glitch' using the Revan Armor property in KT, or if it's the fact that it has a disguise function in the properties...not sure but feel free to dissect away :D

In any case, I'd love to see some new items for the Heap O'Hair, so you've got at least 1 guaranteed download (and free word of mouth advertising) if you get it to work :thumbsup:

Click on the link(s) in my sig and look for my:
Revan Items by ChAiNz mod
 Seprithro
01-26-2005, 6:14 AM
how many people would like to see some Zal only armor? i think this is a good idea, but for it to look right it would need to be a new armor model to match his size, nothing too much just maybe a nice tuff looking chest armor plate or something, hmmm what does everyone think, worth looking into? just something really basic like this (http://gallery51159.fotopic.net/p11152613.html) ehy no laughing, that tokk me 7 whole minuites to make! of course it can look lots better, that pic's just so everyone can see what i mean
 GotGoose?
01-26-2005, 11:54 AM
Seprithro, that looks good!

I think an armor with more red than white would look great.
 ChAiNz.2da
01-26-2005, 12:20 PM
Looks pretty sweet Sep! How about something more "simple" perhaps, a chestplate that merely connects Zalbaar's "suspenders"?

Granted it wouldnt look half as kewl, but it might be more 'practical' for the fighting Wookie.

Well...scratch that, since when did StarWars have to be practical :nut: hehe...

Actually your armor with maybe some bracers and leg guards would be completely menacing (and harder than a :swear: to model as well) ;)
 Teancum
01-26-2005, 1:49 PM
The new armour looks cool, but seems to be on the bulky side. I don't know if you know of the wookie bounty hunter in the SW:EU, but I think his name is Lowbacca. To me he wears about the extent of 'wookie armour'.
 T7nowhere
01-26-2005, 3:19 PM
The Wookie Armor might work ok, but I think you will have a problem if you can't have it use a separate texture and you know of course you will have to make a new Zalbaar model. If you can do that then you can make it a disguise by adding a new line to appearance.2da. A draw back to this would be you will likely need a new model and appearance.2da row for every variation.

posted by ChAiNz.2da.
For some "odd" reason, one I've yet to find out why...my (and possibly others) Revan Armor will equip on Zalbaar!

I think the only thing blocking Zalbaar from wearing armor is the property that restricts the use to humans only. Zalbaar is a subrace. Ofcourse I could be completely wrong though, I'm just getting back to KotOR modding so I'm still a little rusty.

The other way of making this would be to reskin Zalbaar and edit his model and make it a new disguise.
 Juha Avery
01-27-2005, 4:44 AM
And the revan armor works on zaalbar propably cause it actually changes him into revan, it changes eweryones appearance when eguipped.
 RebelScum!
01-27-2005, 7:45 AM
Nice armour sep...would go good this stormtrooper or ownage clone trooper armour. Finally i have a reason for Zally...
 Seprithro
01-27-2005, 9:05 AM
just to be clear, i am not making this mod, i was simply "polling" intrest for something like that pic but better
 Hybris
01-29-2005, 7:18 AM
Looks great and I like the idea but now comes the question should he get this armor on 1.taris 2.begining of kashyyk 3.from jollee 4.end of kashyyk 5.just buy it a shop.

I will leave that to the vets around here.
Page: 1 of 1