Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Lego Star Wars videogame

Page: 1 of 1
 Revan Solo
01-22-2005, 2:07 AM
I wondered why they made a Empire at War site on www.lucasarts.com) but no Lego Star Wars site.
The Lego Star Wars game will be released in this year, I guess.
 ZBomber
01-22-2005, 5:02 AM
Easy - Because the lego game is gonna suck. :)
 Revan Solo
01-22-2005, 5:15 AM
Ja, even then they must make a site!! Because they do not want to let it become sucks.
 ZBomber
01-22-2005, 8:41 AM
Originally posted by Revan Solo
Ja, even then they must make a site!! Because they do not want to let it become sucks.

Well, I have heard practially nothing about this game, not even any hype. If by some reason, a bunch of people cause a hype about this game, then there will probably be a site.... but LEGO games never do good (all though, LEGO Island was fun. ;))
 stingerhs
01-22-2005, 8:46 AM
i, for one, am declining comment on either the suckiness or greatness of the game until its released. :dozey:

personally, i think it will have a lot to offer for kids, but it could have some redeeming qualities for the rest of us if its done right. :)
 Revan Solo
01-22-2005, 9:12 AM
My little brother is very anxious to this game. And I can imagine that all children love such games.
 Fishflesh
01-23-2005, 9:29 AM
a lego starwars game?

is it just action or build stuff?
 Revan Solo
01-24-2005, 8:04 AM
Originally posted by AckbarNL
a lego starwars game?

is it just action or build stuff? I think it is a mix because it is for little children.
All I know is that you can play all characters (important ones) from Episode I, II and III.
 BeBop
01-28-2005, 9:09 PM
It's mainly arcade style action. USing lightsabers to cut your way through droids. (Dying of your character is represented by falling apart) Force can be used to move pieces of the world around you to remove obstacles or build stairs or something like that. A 2nd player can pop in and out at any time. And there is a duel mode. There is also some Star Fox like Space action. You can also take other character forms. (like a droideka) Surprising though it may be sites like IGN seem to be pleased with it. (At least its not another Creator game and I know way too much about this game for someone my age...)
 saberhagen
01-29-2005, 12:38 PM
It's all PT? This is the game Windu has been waiting for! ;)
 Revan Solo
02-02-2005, 5:41 AM
When are they going to release it exactly? I haven't found so much screens from it.
 Doomie
02-22-2005, 7:54 AM
It doesn't have a site on Lucasarts, because Lego has a Star Wars license, so they can make the game without needing Lucasarts.
 Heavyarms
02-22-2005, 1:09 PM
that's what I was going to say, it doesn't sound like it's being made by LEC.
 SirPantsAlot
03-13-2005, 2:20 PM
A very fun game with adorable cartoony graphics! Download the demo now from http://downloads.ugo.com/details.php/id/5801) !
 Dagobahn Eagle
03-18-2005, 1:54 PM
My question is: If you're going to make a game, why deliberately make it look like a LEGO model?

And if it's intended to make you feel like you're playing with your LEGOs... Well... Can't you just play with your LEGO models? Why settle for a game that simulates playing with your LEGOs?

I don't get it:p.
 SirPantsAlot
03-18-2005, 3:40 PM
Originally posted by Dagobahn Eagle
My question is: If you're going to make a game, why deliberately make it look like a LEGO model?

And if it's intended to make you feel like you're playing with your LEGOs... Well... Can't you just play with your LEGO models? Why settle for a game that simulates playing with your LEGOs?

I don't get it:p. It gives it a more cute cartoony look, and allows more humor to be inserted.
 SirPantsAlot
04-04-2005, 4:29 PM
Ok, so I got the full game, and DANG, there are 56 characters! (or maybe just 56 slots, I dunno). And padme is at least 4 characters, each time wearing different clothes.

There are 6 levels in Episode 1. The first level is the level seen in the demo (TF ship), the second is naboo's jungle, where there are a lot of droids running everywhere, the third is pod racing (quite froturating at times), the forth is theed, the fifth is the palace and the sixth is the duel between Obi Wan and Qui God and Maul. :amidala:

There are 5 levels in episode 2. The first level is kamino, where things go a little bit different than in the movie, the second one is anikin and padme on geonosis, the third one is the jedi battle in the arena and the fifth is the battle against dooku.

On that note, I'd like to point out that yoda is a CRAZY MOTHER****ER! When his lightsaber is off, he walks very slowly with his walking stick. If you jump while his lightsaber, he goes on this hovering thing of his, which can move quite fast. When he's with the lightsaber on, he don't walk, only jumps, quite entertaining. :yoda:

What irritates me in this game is that only I can hurt the enemies, all the other characters can shoot at them (and are shot by the enemies), but they don't hurt them :mad:

EDIT: There are 5 levels in episode 3, but I haven't started it yet, and still ain't sure if I want to.
 BeBop
04-07-2005, 2:19 PM
Actually there are Six levels in Episode III (Played them, The game doesn't spoil all that much that we don't already know. But just to be safe, I didn't watch the scrolling text or the cutscenes.) And I mainly see my AI ally as a decoy to draw enemy fire. But I played almost all of the game with a human ally.
 Hermie
04-30-2005, 6:55 PM
I played it straight through co-oping with my friend, and man was that a crapload of fun! We played the first level of ep. 3, and then moved on to free play. It's been a long time since I laughed so much while playing a game...
 Fishflesh
05-22-2005, 8:42 AM
me and my frend laughed my ass of whit this game espesly whit the lava jumping level .... but this game is not realy a serious one just one for a nice boring sunday or so. its realy funny :D
Page: 1 of 1