Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Item editing question. . . still a little fuzzy

Page: 1 of 1
 Teancum
01-19-2005, 6:08 AM
I've read the tutorials, but I missed how to make it so that new items don't conflict with others. For instance, I'd like to have the Stormtrooper Armour AND the Sith Armour, which I want to upgrade and make gold in Photoshop. Basically, how do I create a new item that uses different textures and won't override something else?

BTW, does anyone know where to get the Clone Trooper armour?
 ChAiNz.2da
01-19-2005, 6:14 AM
Originally posted by Teancum
BTW, does anyone know where to get the Clone Trooper armour?
Prime's Site. Look in the games section :)
http://warpedproductions.echonetwork.net/)
 Prime
01-19-2005, 6:33 AM
Thanks for the free pub. ;)

To us new textures, you need to create a new .uti file (just copy the .uti for the item you are trying to modify) and change the texture variation field to point to the name of the new texture.

For example, if the armour texture is PCMA01.tga, the .uti file should have 01 or 1 in the texture variation field. If you want a different texture, name yours PCMA02.tga or something and change the value to 02 or 2. At least, it works something like that. It has been a little while. :) You can look at the clone trooper mod for a better example.
 ChAiNz.2da
01-19-2005, 6:40 AM
Wouldn't there have to be a baseitems.2da edit in there somewhere? Otherwise, all the armors (or specific model rather) would have the properties and new texture wouldn't it?

Or am I being dense (as usual ;) ) and that's what you're looking to do Teancum?
 Teancum
01-19-2005, 8:49 AM
Thanks for the info, Prime. I'll have to take a look at it tonight.

As far as want I want to do, there's a few things:

1-Separate the Stormtrooper armor so it doesn't overwrite the Sith Trooper armor.

2-Create an Elite Sith Trooper Armor (same visuals, but gold -- higher stats, upgradable)

3-Fix some overwrite errors with different jedi robes I've downloaded. Possibly release a huge pack with all the good robes released, but fixed. That's pending on permission.
 Darkkender
01-19-2005, 9:34 AM
Originally posted by ChAiNz.2da
Wouldn't there have to be a baseitems.2da edit in there somewhere? Otherwise, all the armors (or specific model rather) would have the properties and new texture wouldn't it?

Or am I being dense (as usual ;) ) and that's what you're looking to do Teancum?

Hate to say it chainz.2da but it's that second choice.:p

The only time you need to change baseitems.2da is when your adding a new item category such as jedi armor armor that has no restrictions with force power but is heavy armor.*hint, hint you should know that one*:cool: If all your doing is adding a new texture nothing need be changed in baseitems.2da otherwise it would be a mother editing and updating baseitems.2da everytime somebody released a new armor.
 ChAiNz.2da
01-19-2005, 9:52 AM
Originally posted by Darkkender
Hate to say it chainz.2da but it's that second choice.:p
Wouldn't be the first time (or last)... hehehe

Umm, yeah Captain Clueless here (me) once again posts before he actually thinks about it beforehand :rolleyes:

What can I say, I'm ".2da" happy :emodanc:
 Darkkender
01-19-2005, 11:00 AM
Originally posted by ChAiNz.2da
Wouldn't be the first time (or last)... hehehe

Umm, yeah Captain Clueless here (me) once again posts before he actually thinks about it beforehand :rolleyes:

What can I say, I'm ".2da" happy :emodanc:

"Wiseman say, 'Everything in moderation', You can learn from these words young Padawan."
Page: 1 of 1