Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

how to configure sound

Page: 1 of 1
 fotoderoodt
01-16-2005, 7:13 AM
I've searched for days and read every forum, but I can't configure the sound for Sam & Max

I know you have to go to the main menu... but there is no main menu in my game... at least I don't seem to find it. used all exe options of the game, boot disk, dos mode and so on

Even the so called scummVM.....

Please I hope you can tell me how to acces the menu to configure the soundcard...........

And when I use the new .exe I get an error can't find cd or so???

Help me please
 toenail1
01-16-2005, 10:00 AM
The soundcard config is a seperate file on your cd. I believe it is setup.exe
 fotoderoodt
01-16-2005, 4:37 PM
Thanks,

I don't have a setup.exe on the cd. The readme tells me to use "sam" and that starts the game.....

I found out (complicated) that when I copy all the cd contents to a new cd including the new .exe file (downloaded at lucasarts) and then run the new .exe from cd it runs perfect with sound.
When I use the original cd it doesn't and when I run the new .exe file from the harddisk I get an error it can't find 001...

So for everyone... use the new .exe http://www.samandmax.net/files/windows_exe.zip)

and compile everything on a cd (you can use a re-writeable) and run from cd the new .exe

If anyone finds out a more simpler method let me know...

Thanks!!!
 masterdebator
02-11-2005, 9:05 AM
I use ScummVM!

I haven't had problems yet, it configures the graphics and sound in a less complicated manner. In fact, not too long ago, I bought almost all of the Lucasarts adventure games on ebay, I only opened the boxes once to copy them to my hard drive, and then put them all back...

So, I have played through COMI, SMI, MI2, loom (just finished yesterday), DOTT, and ZAK. I haven't finished Sam & Max yet, but it is playing...

Very interesting, as I am using scummVM 0.7 the latest stable build...
Page: 1 of 1