Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

How do you do things like rotating doors?

Page: 1 of 1
 JediMurderer
12-30-2004, 9:53 AM
I know you can have a brush rotate and you can turn it on/off with target activate but how do you make it so it spins on que? I've seen it done in an Episode 1 map where Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan fight Darth Maul and the force field projectors rotate to face each other and then the force field appears. Anyone know how to do this?
 wedge2211
12-30-2004, 6:12 PM
Look up some scripting tutorials. ;) Lassev can help you out here. Try searching this forum, this sort of question has been answered a lot before.
 Ockniel
12-30-2004, 10:57 PM
what are you trying to make? there may even be another way around it
 JediMurderer
12-31-2004, 3:37 AM
I wanted to make a wall section where if you push a button the wall spins around and puts you on the other side
 lassev
12-31-2004, 4:06 AM
Yeah. You can have a look at this tutorial (http://www.map-review.com/index.php?page=tutorial_view&id=25) written by some n00b. It's not a direct answer but should provide all the help you actually need. Just adapt it a little, and it'll be fine. Of you can search these forums for partial but perfect answers as well. It's not any difficult problem you have, so many alternative paths lead to victory.
 Ockniel
12-31-2004, 9:43 AM
wow, I've used some of your tutorials, but man, you are well informed, you should apply for a job, I'm in awe.
Page: 1 of 1