Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

OJP for SP?

Page: 1 of 1
 Maxstate
12-19-2004, 12:50 AM
Well im not that satisfied with the OJP.
First i hear its for Sp but then i see its For MP and to be honest i hate MultiPlayer.
I wont go further on that subject.
I've been told by Razorace in a previous thread that making something similar like OJP for SP would be impossible because its hardcoded.
Well what ive been experienceing in the OJP is that not only does it add those menu extensions but it makes you dodge every single shot that the enemy fires when you hold r (use key).

I wanted to ask why cant you make the use key dodge sabers.
I've seen reborns do it.
Im getting annoyed by the fact that even though you're fighting a very low level reborn that uses fast style and you're using medium or tavions or fast and you have like Saber Offense:3 saber Defense:3 HE CAN STILL HIT YOU!

Have you ever seen a jedi pupil/padawan like young episode 1 anakin taking on someone like Darth Maul.

So is there"!any!" possible way to make saber play in Jedi Academy more realistic based on what i've just been bullcrapping in those upper alinea's.:amidala:
 keshire
12-19-2004, 1:22 AM
Any code changes are impossible with single player.

As for OJP. Thats Razor's baby and quite a few people like the direction its headed.

As for not liking MP. I'm sorry. Your missing out on a wonderful experiance. May I suggest www.moviebattles.com) OJP's sister project.
 Maxstate
12-19-2004, 3:39 AM
Does it work with SP?
 acdcfanbill
12-19-2004, 7:20 AM
no it doesnt work in SP, there is no code to modify for SP, its MP only.
 razorace
12-19-2004, 5:15 PM
Sorry about the confusion. Parts of OJP DO work for SP, namely some menu enhancements that Teancum made. The rest is stuff for MP.

I'm not really sure what you're talking about with the dodging. Could you please try to rephase.
 Maxstate
12-20-2004, 4:35 AM
Sorry i'll try to explain it.

Before you could dodge blaster shots by holding r and a direction now since i have installed OJP i only have to hold R (use key) and my player dodges it automatically with force speed like in the matrix.

I really like it and i was thinking if you can do that for blasters in SP, cant you do it for a saber? if not i rest my case but it would be a major improvement of the game even if its breaking the EULA:p (not sure hear Achilles say something about it)

It's the same as the other star wars games they have so much addons from activision and Raven that they dont seem starwarsish anymore. The only game i really found "Star Wars" was the Phantom Menace it wasn't that long but it r0x0red my b0x0rs:amidala:

As soon as i get home ill try uploading some screenies of that dodging to photobucket mmmkay?
 razorace
12-20-2004, 8:03 AM
Are you talking about this happening in MP or SP? Are you using OJP Enhanced or OJP Basic?
 Maxstate
12-20-2004, 11:23 AM
I think im using enhanced and its happening in SP.

You can just dodge bullets while holding the use key.
You dodge them the same way when you press left or right only now you dont have to press anything and it dodges with force speed
 razorace
12-20-2004, 11:45 AM
Interesting. It must be something that Teancum changed with the enhanced menu options. I wasn't aware of it doing that.
 *<JO>*Exlan,PL
12-20-2004, 11:56 AM
hmmm im gonna go see if that happens in my SP

(Btw check your PM now)
 Maxstate
12-21-2004, 7:47 AM
So?

Tried it out?
sorry still not home yet no pics
 Teancum
12-21-2004, 5:41 PM
Hmmm, I'll check my menu code, but I don't think I had anything to do with it. Perhaps I added some abilities on startup. I'll check and get back when I can.

Either way, it's a glitch. I doubt I can get it to work with sabers too unless it's a cvar.
 Maxstate
12-21-2004, 9:53 PM
Well,

i've been playing a bit now and dodging shots and what i've noticed is that your saber wielding enemy's dodge sabers sometimes!
So i think it is possible but only for them having in mind that almost nothing in Sp can be changed:(
 razorace
12-22-2004, 7:01 AM
Well, the NPC dodging saber attacks is part of their AI. It's not something the player can do.
 Maxstate
12-24-2004, 8:33 AM
Well okay,

i've accepted that it just isnt possible.
So kicking with a single saber isn't either?
 razorace
12-24-2004, 2:08 PM
You can do that thru some clever editting of the .sab files.
 Maxstate
12-25-2004, 4:17 AM
Has anyone done it?
Cuz im not that skilled in editing of .sab files:P
 razorace
12-25-2004, 7:03 AM
I'm sure someone has. I think it's done by setting singleBladeThrowable to 0 for the sabers you want to be able to kick instead of using saber throw.
 Maxstate
12-28-2004, 7:06 AM
OKay thanks got that.
And one more question:
Is it possible to switch the Dfa from the yellow and the red stance?
So have the yellow stande do a red DFA?
-Edit- And do you know someone who can help me with that?
 razorace
12-28-2004, 10:40 AM
I think it's possible to override the default kata move for a saber with the .sab file. And, no, I don't know anyone who knows how to do that.

Just check about the .sab templete file that's in the SDK.
 Maxstate
12-28-2004, 11:55 AM
:( Sorry im not that skilled in any type of modding...

Isnt there anyone that can give me a quick tutorial?
 razorace
12-28-2004, 1:05 PM
.sab files are just text files. All you have to do is edit them and then place them in your game's directory structure.

Not sure where you could get a tutorial. Try looking around for one.
 Maxstate
12-28-2004, 2:21 PM
Where can i find such a .sab file?
 razorace
12-28-2004, 4:37 PM
the .sab files are stored inside the the/ext_data/sabers subfolder inside one of the asset .pk3's in your /gameData/base folder.
 Maxstate
12-29-2004, 6:42 AM
Okay thanks razorace.
I've been able to get the arbiter hilt to have the kick:D

I extracted the single1 from assets1
put in "throwable 0" saved and put it in the assets1 again:D

just dont see anything about the dfa's?
 razorace
12-29-2004, 10:17 AM
Ok, that's a pretty big nono. You never want to edit the contents of the asset files.

Instead you should place the edited file into the proper directory structure inside a new .pk3 (which is just a renamed .zip file).
 Maxstate
12-29-2004, 10:36 AM
Whoops:eek: :o

'kay ill do that

But about that Death From Above?
When i open a ,sab file i cant find anything about it.?

-Edit- sorry for being so persistent :D -Edit-
Page: 1 of 1