Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

What? More guns?!

Page: 1 of 1
 Mono_Giganto
12-11-2004, 3:56 AM
:p I've finished two more.

http://www.pcgamemods.com/9024/)

Redid the DH-17, and an Imperial Scouttrooper Pistol as well, enjoy guys.

As always feedback is welcome.
 Vampiro
12-11-2004, 7:57 AM
Very nice Mongo!...Keep it Up!:)
 maverick187
12-11-2004, 9:09 AM
Looking Good Mono
 Juha Avery
12-11-2004, 10:34 AM
Cool keep them coming.
 RedHawke
12-11-2004, 6:36 PM
Hello Mono,

First I want to say that I actually tore myself away from TSL to try these out...

They are just way too cool! :D
 Maxstate
12-12-2004, 3:24 AM
(im baaack!)

Nice stuff.

I'm hearing that TSL is out already?!
Oh i have to move from this stupid country!
We get movies and games like 2 years after the USA gets them.

(But My homeland Bosnia gets them 2 years before it even comes out in the USA:D :D )
 Darkkender
12-12-2004, 4:06 AM
Originally posted by Maxstate
(But My homeland Bosnia gets them 2 years before it even comes out in the USA:D :D )

I suppose that might be true if your talking about movies and games made in foreign countries such as anime.

But when it comes to games & movies made in the USA and aren't even completed 2 years prior to there release here. The only thing that comes to mind is the *B%((S#!)sneeze* sorry it had to be said man.:p
 Mono_Giganto
12-15-2004, 9:08 AM
http://www.pcgamemods.com/9102/)

Instead of making a new release thread, I'll recycle this one, since the topic still fits.

Anyone want a DL-44?
 RedHawke
12-15-2004, 7:20 PM
Originally posted by Mono_Giganto
Anyone want a DL-44?

Sure...

*Click... Click...*

Got a copy! Nice work Mono! :D
 Darkkender
12-16-2004, 1:56 AM
Originally posted by Mono_Giganto
http://www.pcgamemods.com/9102/)

Instead of making a new release thread, I'll recycle this one, since the topic still fits.

Anyone want a DL-44?

Yes, YES I DO!!
 svцsh
12-16-2004, 11:52 AM
Great models Mono :monkey4: keep it :D your on a roll

svцsh
 MysticTeal96
12-16-2004, 12:44 PM
I agree with the others three great looking weapons in no time at all....you are a machine mono, I'll be it a monkey looking one...:)
 Mono_Giganto
12-16-2004, 1:44 PM
Well, once you start getting good at things, you start to enjoy them (except math). I'm really enjoying modeling, and seeing as in 9 days I'll be joining the TSL players, I gotta churn them out fast. :)

I've already got 3 rifles finished since yesterday, I really have a lot of free time right now. And they look nice too. :)
 Hybris
12-16-2004, 3:45 PM
I am back for now untill my internet goes back down. Also Sep is my name in the readme for the insperateion to make this mod?

Ethier way great mod!
 Mono_Giganto
12-17-2004, 6:49 AM
I think you've got the wrong thread Hybris....
 Lorden Darkblade
12-17-2004, 6:51 AM
Nice work Mono.
 Prime
12-17-2004, 7:04 AM
Can someone direct me to some screenshots?
 Mono_Giganto
12-17-2004, 7:45 AM
Originally posted by Prime
Can someone direct me to some screenshots?

Whichever ones aren't on Pcgamemods are here (http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=139106&perpage=40&pagenumber=4).
 Maxstate
12-18-2004, 11:34 PM
hmmm...

How did Lucasarts miss one of the most popular blasters which appeared in Episode1, Jedi Academy and others but actually succeed to put in items like longswords?
They probably gave Bioware too much freedom.
KOTOR should have a been a far more starwarish-feel game like The Phantom Menace game (i mentioned this earlier i think)
and even though it was a succes i find it more Dungeons and Dragons than Star Wars.
Sorry had to get that off my mind but posting a whole new thread about it would be stupid:amidala:
 RedHawke
12-19-2004, 8:20 PM
hmmm...

How did Lucasarts miss one of the most popular blasters which appeared in Episode1, Jedi Academy and others but actually succeed to put in items like longswords?
:roleyess: Well... it is 4,000 years prior to EP 1 TPM so things won't all look the same, after all in the real world Firearms have chainged much in the last 100 years alone, that is the feel I believe Bioware was shooting for.

Items like primitive longswords, spears, etc. do have a place in the Star Wars Universe... after all, we did see the Ewok's kick some Storm Trooper behind with catapults, stone tipped spears, and logs! :D
They probably gave Bioware too much freedom.
Actually Bioware was constrained by the WOTC D20 PnP RPG system, so their freedom was not as broad as you might think.
KOTOR should have a been a far more starwarish-feel game like The Phantom Menace game (i mentioned this earlier i think)
Again... it is 4,000 years prior to EP 1 TPM so things won't all look the same.
and even though it was a succes i find it more Dungeons and Dragons than Star Wars.
Hmm... KOTOR feels like Dungeons & Dragons... Hmm... KOTOR uses the WOTC D20 PnP RPG System that was made for D&D... so there is no wonder it feels like that...

It is no secret that I despise the WOTC D20 system, and yes the whole D20 system is based on the old D&D type Monty Haul-ish quest for more powerful items. This I despise and takes away from the Star Wars feel... but it is a feeling we will have to live with.

As Hasbro, the Owners of WOTC, has made a concerted effort to purchase as many of the RPG systems out there they can and kill these great systems for their vaunted Generic D20 system... thus we suffer the D&D Monty Haul issue in KOTOR.

Trust me if KOTOR was using the original West End Games Star Wars D6 PnP RPG System, we would not have that D&D feeling...
Sorry had to get that off my mind but posting a whole new thread about it would be stupid:amidala:
Agreed! :D

Back on topic: Awesome work Mono, once I finish TSL I'm going to be blasting my way through Taris with all these wonderful new toys! :D
 Mono_Giganto
12-20-2004, 6:46 AM
To further your statement RedHawke, guns evovle throughout SW. Think of it this way, EP II is only about 21 years or so before EP IV if I did the math right, and we still don't see E-11's or DL-44's at all, so 4,000 years before, we're definitely not getting E-11s, but that gives modders something to do. :)
 Maxstate
12-21-2004, 3:44 AM
I guess you're right Redhawke but still they could do something 'bout it. nevermind.

And eh mono if you could say those first sentences 3 times really fast i admire you vocal capabilities:D
Page: 1 of 1