Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

My Star Wars Christmas Tree

Page: 1 of 1
 Darth Groovy
12-10-2004, 10:11 AM
The pics are too large to show in the thread, so go to this page:

http://www.themanipulation.com/holiday.htm)

Dial up users proceed with caution.
 jon_hill987
12-10-2004, 11:04 AM
What on earth made you do that?

Quite cool though.

In its own way.
 stingerhs
12-10-2004, 11:12 AM
now that's original. well, maybe.....

:D
 kipperthefrog
12-10-2004, 12:49 PM
I had the same Idea only with a black artificial tree to match space and the lights can be stars.
 TK-8252
12-10-2004, 12:52 PM
I'm... dreaming of a Star Wars... Christmas... :)
 Elijah
12-10-2004, 1:27 PM
No groovy, it isnt a Star Wars Tree untill I see a Deathstar in place of that star on the top of the tree, thanks bye. ;)
 acdcfanbill
12-10-2004, 1:50 PM
killer man,u have way more ambition than i do!
 Evil Dark Jedi
12-10-2004, 1:50 PM
Nice! Though you do need a Death Star on top of the tree. :D
 Redwing
12-10-2004, 2:20 PM
:eek:

I have helped decorate about three Christmas trees this season so far, and I can officially say yours is the coolest. :D

And I third the motion for a Death Star on top of the tree ;)
 Alegis
12-10-2004, 2:30 PM
Nice tree, i like the long silver ribbon. We just got a few silver balls in it and thats all :p
 MTV2
12-10-2004, 3:42 PM
STar wars crazy
 Astrotoy7
12-10-2004, 3:48 PM
nice.... being islamic, my family never observed x-mas, otherwise I couldve imagined I'd have done something like this with all my SW stuff at home(which still is at my parents house unfortunately) :(

:p

I agree with the 'death star' on top of the tree :D

mtfbwya
 RpTheHotrod
12-10-2004, 5:21 PM
Strange man...
 legameboy
12-10-2004, 6:25 PM
That kicks double A!
 swphreak
12-10-2004, 7:00 PM
Goddammit Groovy, you have a rare Droid Control Ship Action Fleet hanging on your tree. That thing would sell handsomely on eBay. Took me forever to find one, and here you have one hanging on your tree! :p

Pretty cool. Now you just need to get flashing christmas lights to make it look like a space battle.
 coupes.
12-10-2004, 8:49 PM
You should have Anakin as Jesus... he was born from an immaculate conception afterall... :p
 Darth Groovy
12-10-2004, 9:06 PM
For the record, I DO have a Death Star on my tree, it's just not a tree topper, but rather a talking electronic ornament. When I power up my tree it says this:

"As you can see my young apprentice, your freinds have failed. Now witness the firepower of this fully armed and operational battlestation! Fire at will commander!" It then ends in the large explosion sound which is the Death Star's main weapon, all taken directly from ROTJ. I agree, I need a new tree topper, this one is pretty, but also quite heavy, and has to be reinforced with a metal wire to keep it from falling off or tipping over. IF I can find some sort of PLASTIC Death Star replica, I could build some sort of tree topper. I wonder why Hallmark has not thought of this?

I used to have a 4 foot tree with lots of various ornaments I collected over the years. It all started in 1997 when I recieved a talking Darth Vader ornament, as a gift from my now deceased grandmother (RIP). I fell in love with THAT ornament and began collecting ALL Hallmark ornaments immediately the following year. Once my collection started to build, I gave away my "other" ornaments and focused on a Star Wars only tree. Last year I decided that my 4 footer was just running out of room, so I got a 6 foot pre-lit tree from where I work on "Employee Holiday Discount Day" for about $20. Once I put the tree up last year, it looked a bit sparce, so I got the extra frosted glass, and silver globes to fill in the blankness. Each year I put up less filler ornaments as I get the entire release of Hallmark ornaments each year from assorted family members. I acknowledge that my tree is probably worth alot of money, but I will never part with any of them. Nothing says "Merry Christmas" quite like a 6 foot pre-lit tree full of Star Wars ornaments!

These pictures were taken last year AFTER I put the new ornaments up. My parents broke the digital camera, HOWEVER the only thing that is different THIS year, is that I got new ribbon that is a silky white with silver stars. IF I can find someone with a digital camera, i'll take some new pics soon.
 Sam Fisher
12-11-2004, 2:47 PM
Nice one :D

Hey, I have that Yoda poster!

Got it in a garage sale not too long ago, still in frame!
 narfblat
12-11-2004, 7:27 PM
Grooveh, man. keep up the the collection. We'll keep an eye out for star wars decorations on E-bay for ya.
 Dark Lord Simus
12-12-2004, 7:09 AM
I have a Star Destroyer on my tree, which has voices from ANH of C3po and R2. lol

(It lights up in the back too) :P
 GothiX
12-12-2004, 7:26 AM
As I said in the other thread; COngratulations on making our dreams come true, and hanging Jar-Jar!
Page: 1 of 1