Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Clone Troopers Mod [part of the MECK Project] Released!

Page: 1 of 2
 Prime
12-07-2004, 2:55 PM
"We shall create a Grand Army of the Republic to counter the increasing threats of the...uh...Sith."

http://warpedproductions.echonetwork.net/screenshots/clone1.jpg)

After a lot of hard work the Clone Troopers Mod is finally completed. You can download it at...

Warped Productions (http://warpedproductions.echonetwork.net/games.html)

pcgamemods.com (http://www.pcgamemods.com/8967/)

It has also been sent to Lucasfiles.com, and should be up there soon too...

Enjoy! :)
 Darkkender
12-07-2004, 3:06 PM
I think my mods will never get completed because of you guys.
 lukeiamyourdad
12-07-2004, 3:35 PM
:worship:

You guys are gods.

nuff said.
 ChAiNz.2da
12-07-2004, 3:46 PM
I too shall join the pucker-up posse' ;) Simply Stunning!

KUDOS! (http://i2.peapod.com/c/GH/GHQ1Z.jpg) to all of you! :thumbsup:
 RedHawke
12-07-2004, 6:13 PM
Well... Clone Troopers...

*Click... Click... Click!*

Got me a copy! :D

Very nice work people, very nice! :thumbsup:

:clone: :emperor: :clone:
 Mav
12-07-2004, 7:09 PM
Ummmm... Wow ......ummmm.... thanks, I mean seriously I could praise you guys, but then the thread would get repetitive so I'll just ummmm........ congradulate you instead......YAY
 EnderWiggin
12-07-2004, 10:22 PM
*Clicky*

Mine's in my override! :emodanc:

YaY! MECK RULES!
:stormmask / :clone:

Thank you for your astounding hard work! shock1

"Bring it on, sithy!" :twogun:

_EW_
 Colma Adawin
12-07-2004, 10:53 PM
Prime, i thank you for this, really i do!

this is going to ROCK!!!!!

MattCole

PS Thanx again Prime
 starmark2k
12-08-2004, 4:24 AM
Put simply

best mod everrrrrrrrrrrrrr..........
 FunSolo
12-08-2004, 5:28 AM
i like the stormy one more, cause im more into the last 3 episodes of star wars.. but its definitly a nice work :)
 Doom_Dealer
12-08-2004, 8:22 AM
Originally posted by MattColejk
Prime, i thank you for this, really i do!

this is going to ROCK!!!!!

MattCole

PS Thanx again Prime

Don't forget Bneezy, Xavier2, and [STGN]Locutus now Matt

Anyway guys, great job guys, my favourite mod EVER. I cant wait to get using it :)

This really is an amazing achievment when thinking back to when the community started out, keep up the great work.
 Hannibal
12-08-2004, 9:02 AM
It's work like this that makes me think they need to grab up some of the modders to work on KOTOR (or at least give them ideas).
Then I think they wouldn't allow you to mod if you were working for them and that would suck for us. :)
 lukeiamyourdad
12-08-2004, 9:10 AM
Originally posted by Hannibal

Then I think they wouldn't allow you to mod if you were working for them and that would suck for us. :)

They don't have to know :D
 90SK
12-08-2004, 9:24 AM
This is too cool guys! Fantastic job!:D
 Darkkender
12-08-2004, 10:29 AM
Originally posted by lukeiamyourdad
They don't have to know :D

Yeah I guess I'm going to have to create my double identity now just like the rest of the forum. That way if I ever get good enough again my online alias won't throw redflags to game devs as being a modder working for there company. I already access the forums from 4 different IP addresses so maybe I should create new profiles there.:D (JK Moderators I will follow the forum rules.:angel: )
 Darth Omegacron
12-08-2004, 10:39 AM
This is excellent work. Truly inspiring.

I have got to learn how to make helmets like that. :D

I can't wait to get this going at home.

Thanks!
 Renegade Angel
12-08-2004, 10:49 AM
Holy CRAP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
You ROCK Prime!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
*Drooling*
All hail Prime...Lord of the Clones!
 MysticTeal96
12-08-2004, 11:31 AM
Does anyone know if the Droids from Ep1 and Ep2 are going to be in the MECK Project? Just another idea.

Good work by the way!!!
 Doom_Dealer
12-08-2004, 12:52 PM
Originally posted by Chains
Holy CRAP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
You ROCK Prime!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
*Drooling*
All hail Prime...Lord of the Clones!

erm again, dont forget bneezy xavier2 and [stgn]locutus
 Shimaon
12-08-2004, 3:31 PM
Very nice work indeed. People like you make me want to reinstall KotOR and come back to modding...
 Durge
12-08-2004, 3:41 PM
I am speechless and yet again you have outdoe yourselves!!!!!!!

good job Prime bneezy xavier2 and [stgn]locutus
This is why the world goes round!
 Darth Omegacron
12-08-2004, 3:55 PM
Well, why not, Shimaon? I still want to know how you got your Bandon head mod to do the Corellian Neck Trick...
 ChAiNz.2da
12-08-2004, 8:29 PM
Greets All!
Just as a pre-emptive answer to "what do I modify if I have to edit the appearance.2da". Here's a little 'heads up'.

**PLEASE NOTE: if you already have a heads.2da file before getting this mod, you will need to add the necessary lines of the Clonetrooper's heads.2da to yours.

In addition, the "normalhead" values (appearance.2da) listed below will have to be changed according to the appropriate line #'s you added.

ie - appearance.2da 'normalhead' value = Line# in heads.2da

Line Numbers (#) To Be Edited:
37, 38, 283 - 290, 355, 497 - 508

Columns That Have Changed Values:
1 - normalhead
2 - modela
3 - texa
4 - envmap (all entries are changed to "CM_Specmap", without quotes)

Values (Mod's Default):

Line --- **normalhead - modela - texa - envmap

#37 ----- 116 ---------- CLONL --- CLNL -- CM_Specmap
#38 ----- 117 ---------- CLONP --- CLNP -- CM_Specmap
#283 ---- 117 ---------- CLONP --- CLNP -- CM_Specmap
#284 ---- 113 ---------- CLONA --- CLNA -- CM_Specmap
#285 ---- 117 ---------- CLONP --- CLNP -- CM_Specmap
#286 ---- 118 ---------- CLONS --- CLNS -- CM_Specmap
#287 ---- 115 ---------- CLONG --- CLNG -- CM_Specmap
#288 ---- 115 ---------- CLONG --- CLNG -- CM_Specmap
#289 ---- 115 ---------- CLONG --- CLNG -- CM_Specmap
#290 ---- 115 ---------- CLONG --- CLNG -- CM_Specmap
#355 ---- 117 ---------- CLONP --- CLNP -- CM_Specmap
#497 ---- 116 ---------- CLONL --- CLNL -- CM_Specmap
#498 ---- 116 ---------- CLONL --- CLNL -- CM_Specmap
#499 ---- 114 ---------- CLONC --- CLNC -- CM_Specmap
#500 ---- 114 ---------- CLONC --- CLNC -- CM_Specmap
#501 ---- 114 ---------- CLONC --- CLNC -- CM_Specmap
#502 ---- 117 ---------- CLONP --- CLNP -- CM_Specmap
#503 ---- 118 ---------- CLONS --- CLNS -- CM_Specmap
#504 ---- 118 ---------- CLONS --- CLNS -- CM_Specmap
#505 ---- 113 ---------- CLONA --- CLNA -- CM_Specmap
#506 ---- 118 ---------- CLONS --- CLNS -- CM_Specmap
#507 ---- 118 ---------- CLONS --- CLNS -- CM_Specmap
#508 ---- 117 ---------- CLONP --- CLNP -- CM_Specmap

::EDIT::
++ Proof you can get StormTroopers AND Clone Troopers (http://www.jumpstationz.com/kotor%20screens/Storm-Clone-Troopers.jpg) (49kb pic)

I figure if I did this, the moderators will have more time to watch out for TSL spoilers (for us PC'ers), and Prime, bneezy, xavier2, and [stgn]locutus can divert their time to continue working on the MECK Project.

:whip1: Get to work guys! hehe ;)
 Mav
12-08-2004, 8:57 PM
that is going to be very useful when I get around to actually installing the mod, ChAiNz, thanks, and once again thanks goes out to the crew that put this mod together, thats Prime, Bneezy, Xavier2, and [STGN]Locutus, great job.
 Prime
12-09-2004, 5:52 AM
Originally posted by ChAiNz
Greets All!
Just as a pre-emptive answer to "what do I modify if I have to edit the appearance.2da". Here's a little 'heads up'. Thanks ChAiNz. I'm willing to answer questions if people have any.
 Colma Adawin
12-09-2004, 9:05 AM
Originally posted by Doom_Dealer
Don't forget Bneezy, Xavier2, and [STGN]Locutus now Matt

Anyway guys, great job guys, my favourite mod EVER. I cant wait to get using it :)

This really is an amazing achievment when thinking back to when the community started out, keep up the great work.

where are my manners, ppl i apoligse AND CONGRATULATE YOU ALL!!!!!

MattCole
 Renegade Angel
12-09-2004, 11:42 AM
erm again, dont forget bneezy xavier2 and [stgn]locutus

oops

...and bneezy xavier2 and locutus!
 Renegade Angel
12-09-2004, 1:06 PM
Are there cheats to get them in-game?
 bneezy
12-09-2004, 2:07 PM
Cheats are always the same for created items with .uti files. Just use the "giveitem" cheat and type "giveitem "uti_file_name".
 Prime
12-09-2004, 6:31 PM
Originally posted by Chains
Are there cheats to get them in-game? RTFM!!! :D
 EnderWiggin
12-10-2004, 10:28 AM
M means "Manual"

_EW_
 Mono_Giganto
12-10-2004, 11:50 AM
Originally posted by EnderWiggin
M means "Manual"

_EW_

My mistake, down here, I get a RTFM from my friends if I ask the waiter whether they serve Coke or Pepsi. :lol:
 Xavier2
12-10-2004, 5:53 PM
Hello there i am glad you guys are enjoying this great team effort. Greetings to PRIME and his cool skins. For that matter i would like to know what you guys thought of the Clone training outfit...I tried to be faithfull to the movie screen, cuz i couldnt find a pic showing the right color for that clothes. If it isnt good enougn i could give it a new shot.:D
 Prime
12-11-2004, 10:02 AM
I think it looks great personally...
 Xavier2
12-12-2004, 5:42 AM
Originally posted by Prime
I think it looks great personally...
That is more than a compliment coming from the best skinner around.;)
 Axell
12-13-2004, 5:03 PM
Originally posted by ChAiNz
::EDIT::
++ Proof you can get StormTroopers AND Clone Troopers (http://www.jumpstationz.com/kotor%20screens/Storm-Clone-Troopers.jpg) (49kb pic)

Could you explain how to do that? I'd REALLY appreciate! :)
 ChAiNz.2da
12-14-2004, 1:11 AM
Originally posted by Axell
Could you explain how to do that? I'd REALLY appreciate! :)
Okay everyone. Apparently (and for good reason) I'm getting swamped with requests (email & PM) on how I merged these files. While relatively easy to do, I understand how daunting a task this can be with so many entries to edit (and time consuming ;) ). So here goes....[deep breath].....

Here are 2 screenies of examples (created from "base" .2da files, not the Mod's included files) of how the entries relate:

1024 x 600 Screenshot (88kb) (http://www.jumpstationz.com/kotor%20screens/StormClone2da-1024x600.jpg)

800 x 496 Screenshot (71kb) (http://www.jumpstationz.com/kotor%20screens/StormClone2da-800x496.jpg)

*- pics are the same, just different sizes

If this is still a mystery to you, I've made it easy for you:

DOWNLOAD: merged StormTrooper & CloneTrooper .2da Files (147kb)

**You can now download this file at Prime's Site (Link Below) :)

=========================

This file contains a merged appearance.2da & heads.2da file to make the [MECK] Project Team's Stormtrooper Mod v1.1 & Republic Clone Troopers Mod v.1 compatible.

You can download the current version(s) of the [MECK] Project Mods at Prime's Site:

http://warpedproductions.echonetwork.net/) (Games Section)

It also contains a visual reference (.jpg's) of "some" of the modified entries to pose as an example of how the entries relate to the mods and each other. The files are identical, just 2 different sizes depending on your display settings.

Files included:

readme (http://www.jumpstationz.com/kotor%20screens/readme-StormClone2da.txt)
appearance.2da ++
heads.2da ++
StormClone2da-1024x600.jpg
StormClone2da-800x496.jpg

PLEASE read the included VERY IMPORTANT readme (http://www.jumpstationz.com/kotor%20screens/readme-StormClone2da.txt)!) ++These 2da's are created from "base" (original un-modified) .2da's, meaning if you have other mods that use such files...you're going to have to edit it some more. I really just included the .2da's for examples to compare with the screenies, but they will work for your game.

I implore you to view the screenies I posted (also included in the zip) and learn how to edit .2da files. It's going to be an absolute must sooner or later and it will make both your lives and future mods much more easier in the long run...(remember TSL is coming soon for PC, it's best to be prepared ;) ).

----------------------------------

To both the Moderators AND the [MECK] Project Team. I WILL delete any content of this post (or it's entirety) at your request if you deam it inappropriate. The included readme (http://www.jumpstationz.com/kotor%20screens/readme-StormClone2da.txt) contains all necessary links for the mods and FULL credit to the [MECK] Team.

-()- This file will NOT be posted anywhere else, including my site. All links are direct links whereas the files are just residing on my server. HOWEVER, in addition, any and all members of the [MECK] Project Team and/or Holowan Laboratories (with permission from [MECK]) has my permission to post/host/modify this file on their site(s). ONLY the 2 mentioned parties have this permission.

** The merged .2da's can now be downloaded at Prime's site :)

I hope this helps! :)

...[exhale]....

whew! my fingers are sore after this post! :D

::EDIT:: 12-15-04
I have disabled the download links to the files that were on my server. They now live on Prime's site. This will make finding the file MUCH easier since the mods are on his site too! :)

@Prime
Glad I could help! I wouldn't want anyone to miss out on either of these great mods! Fantastic work once again guys :thumbsup:
 Prime
12-14-2004, 5:11 PM
Thanks ChAiNz. :)

I've been getting several requests for a similar change. Thanks for doing this. I've posted this zip as is on my site and given you credit, so you don't need to host it if you don't want to.
 Shrub91
12-22-2004, 11:44 AM
Can you plz merge the 2da files for the clone & storm trooper mods with the Jabba's Palace mod you guys released? Boba Fett, Stormies, and Clonies all in one place?! oohhh i'm in heaven LoL :fett:
 Xavier2
12-22-2004, 12:00 PM
Originally posted by Shrub91
Can you plz merge the 2da files for the clone & storm trooper mods with the Jabba's Palace mod you guys released? Boba Fett, Stormies, and Clonies all in one place?! oohhh i'm in heaven LoL :fett:
There is a link to said file in Enter Jabba's Palace thread.
 Shrub91
12-22-2004, 2:13 PM
Where? I don't see it.

EDIT:

Nevermind
 kata_mad
12-24-2004, 1:09 AM
Personally i love this mod although i cannot use it. I seem to have a problem with any 'become a jedi on the endar spire' mods. once i try to equip a jedi robe the whole thing just hangs and then crashes. Has anybody else encountered this problem and if so how was it fixed.
 Darkkender
12-24-2004, 4:24 AM
Originally posted by kata_mad
Personally i love this mod although i cannot use it. I seem to have a problem with any 'become a jedi on the endar spire' mods. once i try to equip a jedi robe the whole thing just hangs and then crashes. Has anybody else encountered this problem and if so how was it fixed.

:confused: Are you confusing this with one of the many padawan mods? If so that really should be asked on one of those threads not on this one.

Now first things first you should probably check for file conflicts. The best way to avoid file conflicts is to use cchargrin's KOTOR Mod Manager or KMM for short. Very often file conflicts are the errors your talking about. Also make sure you have the latest patch 1.3 for the game. Last but not least start a fresh game after you have done all of the above it could be a corupt save game file or a corupt portion of your HardDrive.
 Mono_Giganto
12-24-2004, 6:28 AM
Actually Darkkender, he may have the right thread, I've had the same issue once or twice with [MECK] stuff, not sure how I fix it, but I have gotten the same problem, with jedi robes not equipping.

Gave me a terrible time testing Jabba's palace, the save game Xavier2 sent me had the PC equipped with jedi robes and wouldn't load.

I think it's something conflicting with appearance.2da, but I'm not too sure.
 kata_mad
12-24-2004, 10:01 AM
If you do happen to remember how you solved it let me know as i really do prefer at the least the new carth, he doesn't look like a wuss anymore.

Edit

I have only made one edit to the apperance.2da file which was to accomadate the Good evil bastilia robes.
 Xavier2
12-25-2004, 12:43 AM
If you do happen to remember how you solved it let me know as i really do prefer at the least the new carth, he doesn't look like a wuss anymore.

Edit

I have only made one edit to the apperance.2da file which was to accomadate the Good evil bastilia robes.
You guys are absolutely right. There is a confict in appearance.2da. The way to solve this is to use this app.2da ChaiNZ kindly merged to accomodate Clone Troopers, Storm Troopers and Enter Jabba's Palace side quest. You can download it here:

http://www.jumpstationz.com/games/mods/download/Merged-MECK_Storm_Clone_Jabba-2da.zip)
 kata_mad
12-25-2004, 1:53 AM
Thanks a lot !! This mod rules
 ChAiNz.2da
12-25-2004, 2:48 AM
whew! [end PANIC mode]... :eek:

I've been scrambling most of last night scouring over the .2da's trying to find where I might have made a conflict in the entries.

When I couldn't get my game to replicate the error...I was in double-panic mode...

I'm glad you responded to the post Xavier2...otherwise I would've been pulling my hair out ;)

I was just about to go through and check every line in the .2da one by one... guess I'll hold off on the 2nd pot of coffee now... hehehe

@kata_mad & anyone else for that matter
------------------------------
If you still have problems after using the merged .2da file... let me know. If I have to check every line..I will :)
 kata_mad
12-25-2004, 3:30 AM
I does work now thanks, Although does anybody know which lines need to be removed if i don't want Stormtroopers in game only clone troopers
 ChAiNz.2da
12-25-2004, 5:18 AM
I does work now thanks, Although does anybody know which lines need to be removed if i don't want Stormtroopers in game only clone troopers

Darth333 had posted what lines were changed in this thread (5th post from the bottom).

Whatever you do, DON'T delete the lines! :eek:

...you'll have to change the modified values back to the original values.

http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=138829&perpage=40&pagenumber=1)
Page: 1 of 2