Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Error_max Patch Planes

Page: 1 of 1
 JeeMonkey
12-02-2004, 4:05 PM
hey all, everytime i load my map to play in it, i get this error. i know what causes it, and i know the brushes that need to be deleted in order to correct the error.

PROBLE:
I DONT WANT TO DELETE THOSE BRUSHES. ive tried everything from less brushes, to patches, to combining brushes were i can................PLZ HELP ME!!!!

the error happens on this very large round hut i made that has 2 steps that are part of the wall on the inside of the hut. if you need more info about my map in order to help me get around this error just ask

ANYTHING HELPS, GOD BLESS!
 Lil Killa
12-02-2004, 5:35 PM
Just build new brushes to look just like the old ones..... couldn't take more than 10 minutes if it's just two brushes....

EDIT:: and after you built the new brushes you could delete the old ones and put the new ones in their place :)
 JeeMonkey
12-02-2004, 9:21 PM
ive already done that. i replaced my patches with brushes, and then back to completly new patches.

i could make the whole hut into a .ase model but im afraid of doing so because i already have like 20 models of trees and such in my map and i have more to add. and yes all of these models are necesary.

if it doenst hurt to add one more LARGE model of a hut, then ill do it.
 Jedi_Vogel
12-03-2004, 4:53 AM
You could try it in a test map and see what happens to FPS etc?
 JeeMonkey
12-03-2004, 2:02 PM
lil killa, i apologize.

u were right, all i had to do was redo the patch from scratch. the reason i kept saying that i had already done that and that it didnt work was cause i never thought the problem was with the roof of the hut, i just asssumed it was the walls/steps/or floor that was the problem.
so when i redid the roof everything was fixed and all was well in my map.
thx for the help. :D
Page: 1 of 1