Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Cinematics

Page: 1 of 1
 jedispy
11-17-2004, 7:30 AM
Somewhere in here I remember someone on the DFMOD team mentioning having trouble getting mouths to move while a character is speaking. I myself do not yet know the answer. However, I just played an old mod made by a Mr. Jake Keating. It was the Colleseum mod for JO. In it, the characters' mouths move when they speak in cinematics.

I figure you guys might be interesting in asking him how he did it. His website is http://www.jakekeating.com)

If you find out, please share the wealth :-)
 Benevolence
11-17-2004, 9:03 AM
Getting the mouths to move in the rendered cutscene isn't a mystery. The models that were provided for Chrustec for the cutscene were not set up for speach. He didn't have the time to recreate the models himself from scratch for 3dstudio to get them to move their mouths for the demo.
 jedispy
11-17-2004, 9:39 AM
s'cool...s'cool....

Just wondering.
 Ackehallgren
11-18-2004, 7:09 PM
I still want to know - 1. Why render them? 2. How do I make them regular, and unwidescreenized?
 Ackehallgren
12-02-2004, 5:32 AM
HELLO?
 Benevolence
12-02-2004, 8:00 AM
Originally posted by Ackehallgren
I still want to know - 1. Why render them? 2. How do I make them regular, and unwidescreenized?

1. It seemed the right thing to do at the time.

2. You can't.
 jedispy
12-02-2004, 10:17 AM
I'm all about the rendering. That's what I'm trying to do in my mod (not with a whole lot of success at this point mind you). I think the rendering looks great. No moving mouths, but we've already been there. (:D)

I always thought it was cheap how they used real actors in JK.
O.k. real actor, real actor, fake crap looking background, fake crap rock, real actor, fake crap ship, real actor, fake crap looking 8T-88, faking crap looking Gork and Pic, real Sariss. O.k. now it's time to make a cinematic cut scene!!

</soapbox>
 Ackehallgren
12-03-2004, 4:05 AM
It doesnt look as good as the PT animations but they are still very impressive and they were done in 97!
Page: 1 of 1