Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Game tactics, the zone, and game recordings OH MY

Page: 1 of 1
 wildthing
10-03-2001, 2:44 PM
Greets all, just a few questions . . .

1.) I checked the zone but could not find the SWBG section. Do they have it under a demo section of the site?

2.) Air units are weak defense wise in the demo (so I have heard) but they should provide a quick means of hit and fade attacks against power cores. Thoughs anyone?

3.) Where can I find recordings of games played by the pro's here. It's not only to see tactics (as I have never played AOK ) but I have not yet had time to play the demo MP so a recording would let me see what I'm missing.

3a.) Are the recordings played by the game engine or is it a video recording playable my media player ect.

thanks

------------------------------------------
I thought I saw a . . .

Wild Thing :thrawn2:
 Jeff
10-03-2001, 2:57 PM
To gain access to the zone you must do it from the game menu under zone.
 NamelessOne
10-03-2001, 2:59 PM
I tried yesterday and somebody in one of the rooms said that they were updating their systems and that it should be back up in a couple of days.
I cant say myself whether or not its true, its just what I heard...
 Jeff
10-03-2001, 3:01 PM
I looked this am and the zone has added several rooms. The other day it was so full you could not even get in. At that time there was only one room.
 Young David
10-03-2001, 3:06 PM
The GB site on the zone can you find here:

http://zone.msn.com/battlegrounds/)

The demo rooms there will be back soon.

As soon as GB.Com starts taking Recorded games I'll send them in
 Tie Guy
10-03-2001, 3:41 PM
Well, i'm no pro, but i'll post a recorded game i have if you want. Give me just a sec.

As far as the air units, they really aren't even any good for power core attacks, ince one turret can take out most of them in no time. the only thing they are good for is if you can find a unguarded group of wokrers to terrorize.
 wildthing
10-03-2001, 4:11 PM
were will you be posting it.

-----------------------------------
I thought I saw a . . .

General Nilaar
10-03-2001, 4:16 PM
One strategy that I use is to send one force of 3 fighters or bombers to hit his workers. If they kill a couple of workers, that's great, but the main objective is to make him waste resources building AA towers, meanwhile I pump my resources into ground forces.

Sometimes not only will he cover his base with them, but he'll build them as his forces advance on my base. It can take them a long time to figure out that you haven't built any air units since the initial attack.

They can also be used to take out advancing artillery if they don't have any AA defense. That will likely only work once though;)
 Tie Guy
10-03-2001, 4:45 PM
ok, i got the links right here......i mean right here.....dang where did i put them. ;) j/k

www.angelfire.com/scifi2/tieguy/game1.mgx)

www.angelfire.com/scifi2/tieguy/game2.mgx)

enjoy, and i think that the first one is better.
 wildthing
10-03-2001, 5:39 PM
Thanks much . . .

-------------------------------
I thought I saw a . . .

Blamer
10-03-2001, 8:29 PM
I wouldn't consider myself a pro, but you can find a game here:

http://mail.chartermi.net/~jblamer/blamer1.zip)

Standard stuff...in the end we use some teamwork to eliminate enemy fortifications around the monument at the "last minute." Provided I uploaded the right recording, that is.
Page: 1 of 1