Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Duel Func_Entities

Page: 1 of 1
 Szico
10-29-2004, 1:35 AM
Is it possible to have an entity with two functions? For example, an entity thats say a func_plat, but i wanted an opening door on the lift, the door brush would need to be a func_door AND a func_plat simultaneously. Is this possible, or is theere some way to do this kind of effect?
 mslaf
10-29-2004, 6:28 AM
Yes it is. Create separate func_static for each moving element and write a script to control them all.

Jedi Outcast has a level with some kind of train. You can use it as an example.
 Szico
10-29-2004, 10:49 AM
Ah, its the script part that screws me. any tutorials on scripting this kind of stuff?
 Szico
11-03-2004, 8:20 AM
Should I take this as a no?
 wedge2211
11-03-2004, 12:09 PM
Ask Kengo or Lassev, they'll know. Kengo even has written some tutorials on the subject...
 Szico
11-03-2004, 12:10 PM
okay thanks. do they use msn/aim or is it better to PM them
 GothiX
11-03-2004, 1:34 PM
I'd have a go at PM'ing lasse, although he'll probably find this thread anyway in the near future.
 mslaf
11-03-2004, 1:40 PM
Fist of all I think you should more frequently use Google to search for tutorials, guides and answers in general. It isn’t very difficult. Icarus scripting language is well documented by Ravensoft, look for it in the game SDK.

I’ve made a small tutorial/demo map with the elevator you need. You should analyze it and use it as a tutorial or a guide.

My scripts have comments to make their analysis easier. I don’t use Raven’s script editor so you must use ibize.exe to compile them. There’s a batch script that will do it for you, just copy ibize.exe to c:\windows\system32 etc.

If you want to modify these scripts and/or create you own in the future make sure to delete any auto saves before you test them. Game engine caches scripts in the auto save files and you won’t notice any changes till you remove these files.

Use "seta g_ICARUSDebug 5" in the game to turn on an internal script debugger. It will help you to see how your scripts work in the realtime and help you to find potential problems.

---

Tutorial/Demo map, both source and pk3 version included:

http://www.mslaf.com/tutorials/ja_elevator1.zip)

Good luck.
Page: 1 of 1