Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Ambush on Corellia

Page: 1 of 1
 Rogue Leader
07-29-2001, 7:00 PM
Imperial Archives 7\29\01 15:20

Corellia: Emergency distress call recieved. New Republic forces under attack by rogue Imperial warlord Kolmarger and smuggling resistance groups Seti Prime and Inter Alliance. New Republic base of operations overrun. Requested reinforcements. Thousands of casualties.

Admiral Drayson glanced at the report. "My dear god. Those forces combined equal a battle fleet that somebody would see at the height of the Empire."
The ship commanders started talking loudly, mostly about what they were probably going to do. Admiral Ackbar raised one of his salmon colored hands for silence.
"We've thrown a fleet together. All of you should prepare for combat. I've also sent you a debriefing file via comm. sat. If you have any questions please call me by the holonet. I'll be located aboard the Alliance."
One of the commanders raised a hand. "What exactly are we doing? I get the general idea but can you give us an estimate of what we'll be up against?"
"We'll be staging an assault on Corellia, to bring these three oppositions under control, hopefully breaking their backbones. Our fleet will rival theirs, and many casualties will be taken."
"If we don't act now they'll have a chance to muster their forces and move onto several smaller bases and supply depots located not too far away."
"You are dismissed."

Six hours later

"Sir, we are ready for departure. All other capital ships report that they are also ready. Permission to enter hyperspace?"
A technical officer asked.
"Granted. Signal the fighter divisions to ready themselves. I want to be prepared," Admiral Drayson responded. Suddenly all the stars around the M100 Mon Calamari Cruiser turned into streaks of light as the large Impenetrable shot into hyperspace.
It took a mere half of an hour to reach Corellia and the red alert klaxons started blaring immediately. "Everyone to your battle stations!" Drayson ordered.

"Rogue Leader reporting. Rogues, you have permission to exit the hangar," Gavin declared.
"Rogue Two here. I spot squints at mark two-o-six. Permission to engage?"
"Granted. Set s-foils into attack position. Accelerate to attack speed. Charge lasers and shields. Engage!" All communication was lost when score upon score of TIE-Interceptors shot at the still slow moving fighters. It was a massacre. Most of the fighters didn't even get to exit the hangar. Most of those that did were destroyed seconds after leaving it. Rogue squadron was probably the only group of fighters that started to dogfight.
Gavin locked onto one squint and shot eight scarlet bolts of energy out. Only one hit, causing it to explode, but the other seven found three more targets to attack. Space was so full of squints that Gavin was surprised that he had been killed quickly. "Rogues, return to base! It's an ambush!"Nobody replied. Gavin shot through the squints having several shots graze his shields.
It appeared that he was going to make it except at that the last moment a TIE-Interceptorgot a direct hit on his top-port wing sending both of his port wings spinning off into space.
Oh no, were his last thoughts before a squint gunned his helpless fighter down, making a gigantic fireball.

"Retreat!" Drayson ordered.
"Sir, the engines have been crippled. We're not going anywhere. Aft, port, and fore shields down. Starboard shields failing."
"Abandon ship!"
"Too late sir!" The t.o. pointed at the hull value indicator. It was almost at zero.

Warlord Kalmarger watched in glee as the last New Republic vessel went up in flames. "Good job. Today shall be known as the day the New Republic died." With those words the entire bridge crew of the Star Destroyer Kalmarger's Honor started laughing.

Imperial Archives 7\30\01 7:30

New Republic command recieved word of the battle fleet's defeat at Corellia. Imperial and local resistance groups ambushed the much smaller fleet seconds upon arrival. New Republic high council decided not to send another fleet there. Corellia now allied with the Empire.

Rogue Leader: Hope you liked my story!
 Jared
07-30-2001, 6:18 AM
well....it is a little interesting.....but
no 1 has replied so I'd look rather stupid if I replied. Oh whoopes lookes like I just did http://www.roguesquadron.net/forums/biggrin.gif) I wonder why people are ignoring you?
http://www.roguesquadron.net/forums/rolleyes.gif)

------------------
"Imperial troops have entered the base!!! Imperial troops have entered the base..." *static*
 Rogue Leader
07-30-2001, 4:37 PM
This is like the only good story here. It may not fit in with Star Wars very well but I like the Imps to win.
 Rogue9
07-30-2001, 5:59 PM
err NO, The Messeges Series usally have good story lines...at least when its me and Redwing. the most recent one especially
 Rogue9
07-30-2001, 6:01 PM
and also when Gavin is Commander of Rogue Sqaudron the Imperials and New Republic are Allies http://www.roguesquadron.net/forums/tongue.gif)
 Rogue Leader
07-30-2001, 6:42 PM
I didn't say the Empire wasn't allied with the New Republic. If you can recall, it was a rogue Imperial warlord. It's my story and I can give him any background I want. He defected from the Empire before the Battle of Hoth, after seeing the defeat of the Death Star. He believed that the Empire would eventually lose and decided to become neutral. After seeing how soft and gullible the New Republic had become, he decided to make a move. He had years to build up his own Empire and now he has one of the prime planets of the galaxy. He now has sufficient supplies, such as the starship yards, to continue his vendetta against the New Republic. No offense, but a few of the stories here just have the mission outline or even just the main character's profile. I didn't look at every story and perhaps there are some good ones here. Didn't you think this was okay. It was actually just to strike back at TK-421's comment of my story.
 Redwing
07-30-2001, 7:02 PM
Originally posted by Rogue9:
err NO, The Messeges Series usally have good story lines...at least when its me and Redwing. the most recent one especially

Speaking of which, we need to restart that story http://www.roguesquadron.net/forums/biggrin.gif) Niner, if you'll do the honors? http://www.roguesquadron.net/forums/smile.gif)

------------------
At last we will reveal ourselves to the Jedi.
At last we will have revenge.
Page: 1 of 1