Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Terrain Maker

Page: 1 of 1
 JeeMonkey
10-09-2004, 10:03 PM
hey all, long time no see. i got a huge problem on my map...........i need a lot of terrain in my map (like moutains!!!!) and even when i use very very large but realistic triangles to make the mountains it would still take a very long time to make them all.

QUESTION:

is there a program i can download that will help me create terrain like mountains faster than i could make them 1 triangle at a time???????

PLEASE GIVE ME ANY (AND I MEAN AAAANNNNYYYY!!!!) ADVICE U GOT CAUSE IF I DONT FIND AN ANSWER TO THIS IM GONNA STOP MAKING MAPPS CAUSE I DONT HAVE AS MUCH TIME AS I DID BEFORE.
 Nokill
10-10-2004, 3:58 AM
easy gen........

www.google.com) look for it ;)
 GothiX
10-10-2004, 5:59 AM
 JeeMonkey
10-10-2004, 3:22 PM
OMG THX A LOT U GUYS, NOW ILL BE ABLE TO GET THINGS DONE IN THE LIMITED TIME I HAVE
 EvilJedi
10-10-2004, 3:36 PM
Don't EasyGen and Terragen (I am still a n00b with both) only do sky shaders? I am still not very familiar with them, but can you make it so you can walk on the terrain you created?
 wedge2211
10-10-2004, 9:12 PM
TerraGen does landscape renders, which can be put together into skyboxes.

EasyGen creates a set of map brushes that can be directly pasted into a Radiant .map, and an alpha-blending shader file to drape over the terrain.
Page: 1 of 1