Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Update?

Page: 1 of 1
 ION1022
10-04-2004, 11:03 AM
There hasn't been a update in over 2 weeks same with the .plans. I check this website every single day And I am going crazy waiting for the demo to come. Plus I haven't seen anything from the One lately either:confused: . Could someone give me a update on the demo's progress. Thx.
 Suprosa
10-04-2004, 5:56 PM
yeah...I myself check it at least 5 times a day lol. I want updates! :p
 Magic_Al`s DF
10-04-2004, 6:06 PM
I'm sure Star Wars on DVD and Star Wars Battlefront have in no way contributed to any lulls here. Perhaps the thing to do while waiting for an update is... watch Star Wars DVDs and play Battlefront. :atat:
 MikeGunther1969
10-04-2004, 9:02 PM
I am glad someone else started this thread other than me!! I am not the only one in my house waiting for the demo...my 8 year old asks every day.....Is it done yet dad? I didn't want to bug the guys any more than I have because I have sent emails to Darth Linux and Fat Spider inquiring to the pending release as well as level modifications.

I can say that I have had reply emails form darth linux and fat spider...the release is coming soon, it just needs to be compiled, , final tested and then hosted. These guys are absoulte perfectionists and will not release anything else until it is perfect.

Fatspider is starting work on Crix Madine's Fate and the few preliminary screenies I have been privy to show me we are in for a real treat when the final release is done as well. I will shut up now.

Peace :fett:
 Benevolence
10-04-2004, 10:54 PM
It is always the last few tiny things that end up being the most frustrating. I just played through the current build and sewers is essentially done. There is one dinky little shader problem and a small music scripting issue. The problems we've been having are that we make a tiny change, recompile the map (which takes along the line of 12 hours), and then find something you missed or that little thing you changed caused the compile to screw up.

When we say it's almost done we mean it. To give you an idea here is pretty much a list of everything left to do for the demo:

* Dianoga - we FINALLY got it to attack Kyle, we are finalizing getting the dianoga sounds to work (specifically the attack sounds).

* There is a weird texture issue in secbase with one of the switches where it is split into four switches.

* There are a few extremely minor model placement issues in Talay to address.

* The shader problem in the sewers level makes the sewer water turn almost white in one area.

* Finalizing some of the enemy sounds.

* Working on an installer since the mod MUST be launched with a shortcut, otherwise it won't play correctly.

* Getting the fists to appear in Talay instead of the lightsaber.

These are most of the issues left that I know of. As you can see, these are fairly minor things but they all must be addressed. It doesn't help that to fix one thing you need to get a file or something from someone halfway around the globe who is asleep or at work plus the compile time for maps exacerbates the issue. Also everyone is volunteering their time so real world problems can arise which cause even more delays.

I'm sorry to sound like a broken record but: 1) Please be patient and 2) It is almost done! We won't release it with any bugs in our bugtracker, though. Right now that list is small and getting smaller all the time. Keep in mind we WANT to release the mod so we can move on the the final project (and get you guys off our backs!:p)!

The mod is a heck of a lot of fun! I think you will really appreciate all the work that has gone into it when you finally get to see it and see that it is not just 'a mod'.
 ION1022
10-05-2004, 12:26 PM
I am glad it is almost done. I discovered this mod on moddb.com late 2002 when they released the first demo for JO. Dark Forces is my favorite SW game besides SW: Galaxies. And I am happy that not only are they making the game with enhanced graphics but they are also adding new content, (I know of some mods which don't add new content making them a little dry). Keep up the good work and I will... try... to... wait... a............l..i..tt..ll.eeee.... *inhales* longer......... :p
 FatSpider
10-05-2004, 2:29 PM
Yeah we are almost done. Me and Fracman are working day and night to get those little bugs out of the sewer level and get this mod looking like the proud peace of work we put into it.

I started the Detention Level about a week. My design skills have improved tenfold over the last year to the point where I'm extreamly proud of the work I can accomplish in one day.

On a standard day I work about 12 hours, from 9:00 in the morning to 9:00 at night on the DFMOD project. All of this free time is blessed by my broken fubula, in a sence I've become more powerful though my injury -yay! There will be screenshot of the new detention level released with the demo.

Its always good to hear from the community.
 Suprosa
10-05-2004, 2:55 PM
I think this has never been covered...can we do jedi moves in the demo and the fullmod? like running on walls and jumping off of walls and such? Im not expecting force jump cuz thatd be ridiculous...but simple acrobatics dont actually require the force :P
 FatSpider
10-06-2004, 4:33 AM
No, sorry this is just a straight up shooter, but its not a bad idea for the final. Maybe kyle could learn those moves thoughout the full verson of the game, would be kind of a neat twist on things. Then again the Mods big focus is just recreating the old Dark Forces game with a new engine. I'll keep the Acrobatic Kyle in mind. Even I would love to see him do those Cartwheel gunshot moves.
 MikeGunther1969
10-06-2004, 7:32 AM
Yo MOD Team Members!!!

The forum updates have been great, and we all the know the demo release is imminent. I am interested at this point however, in a HUGE UPDATE as the the full status of the finished full conversion. I am very interested in the progress of other levels and would love to see some screenies of the massive levels such as Nar Shadda, and Imperial City (which has my curiosity peaked the most due to the capabilities of the Q3A engine.) Could you please persuade Darth Linux and The One to release a big juicy overall update...please please...pretty please? :fett: :maul: :vadar: :laughing:
 Darth_Linux
10-06-2004, 8:48 AM
As soon as the demo is released we'll put forth some effort on getting all the progress meters up to date and take some previ!ew shots from Jabba's Ship, Detention Center and Robotics for a nice big post-demo update.

Thanks Mike!
 The_One
10-06-2004, 10:59 AM
I'm sorry I haven't been keeping people posted. You have no f**king idea how busy I've been at work the last few weeks (getting up at 6am, getting back at 8pm). As you can imagine, the mod is getting reduced attention as a result of this.

I've been spending the last 2 weeks just getting one update together for you! And even so, that won't be too big. I've got the demo music suite almost ready to go, and a new "picture of the day feature." The time is being taken up getting enough pictures to get that new feature off the ground. But when it's done, it'll be great. Basically, there'll be a brand new, never before seen picture on the website EVERY day, without fail. So, you'll always have something to visit the site for, and, essentially, new content every day ;)

Just hang in there, and we'll reveal everything soon enough!
 Gen. Armageddon
10-08-2004, 7:56 AM
I would like to suggest that in the final DF mod that you at least have the acrobatic move available that allows you to roll if you crouch before hitting the ground(which isnt a jedi ability). I realize that you want to create the original game as closely as possible but some ideas were just never thought of when games were originally made and as such should be adopted, for example the DF2 mod(which im practicing texturing to hopefully be a part of soon), were trying to create it as closely as possible too, but in JO they had the idea to tie in regular jump with force jump so it was easier to use, which was a great idea and should be adopted in the DF2 mod(I believe it will be), even if its not exactly like the original, because itll make it better.
 FatSpider
10-08-2004, 8:06 PM
You can still go third person and roll around like you can in JA and JO, plus jump roll and backward jump roll. Not excluding backwards roll jump and the such... Kyles a rolling fool.
 Gen. Armageddon
10-09-2004, 8:38 AM
Sweet, I love playing as that rolling fool
Page: 1 of 1