Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

FindRefs Utility (Latest version: v4.4)

Page: 2 of 2
 Darth333
09-06-2006, 4:04 PM
That's great news. I particularly like the ability to search .2da files. Thanks for doing this! Findrefs is one of those utilities I couldn't do without :D
 glovemaster
06-18-2007, 2:40 PM
Im not sure whether this is a problem, or a function you havent added yet, but..
I notice that the program searches Lightmaps.BIF but doesn't actually show the lightmaps for extraction. Is this 'supposed' to happen?
Also, a suggestion... Seen as KotOR Tool doesn't include multiple extraction, could to possibly include a function to extract TPC files as TGA, like KotOR Tool only with lots of files rather than 1 at a time through the image viewer?
Thanks ;) ~GM
 tk102
06-18-2007, 3:25 PM
Im not sure whether this is a problem, or a function you havent added yet, but..
I notice that the program searches Lightmaps.BIF but doesn't actually show the lightmaps for extraction. Is this 'supposed' to happen?
If by 'is this supposed to' you mean 'is this expected (by me)', then the answer is yes. :p Lightmaps.bif are not currently supported by FindRefs.

Also, a suggestion... Seen as KotOR Tool doesn't include multiple extraction, could to possibly include a function to extract TPC files as TGA, like KotOR Tool only with lots of files rather than 1 at a time through the image viewer?
Thanks ;) ~GMI knew this was coming. :p I'll put it on the list.
 glovemaster
06-18-2007, 3:29 PM
Ah thats kwl then ;) thanks!
~GM
 tk102
06-23-2007, 4:06 PM
v4.4. released
- Extended the search to include the inventories of merchants, placeables, and creatures.
 ChAiNz.2da
06-24-2007, 5:09 AM
v4.4. released
- Extended the search to include the inventories of merchants, placeables, and creatures.
:worship: Much thanks! I'm toying with re-installing and this one little function will be a godsend for something I had in mind ;)
 Ferc Kast
06-24-2007, 7:34 AM
I just found my problem with it, finally: the installer said it skipped findrefs.dll

Any way to get this missing file by itself?
 tk102
06-24-2007, 1:12 PM
@jcoolZombie: The installer attempts to detect the version of findrefs.dll that you currently have and if it is later or the same as the one in the installer, it will skip it. Try deleting your existing version of findrefs.dll (in your C:\Windows or C:\WINNT folder) and try the installation over again.

Might also require running as administrator under Vista since it registers a new DLL.
 misanthrope prime
08-04-2013, 12:42 AM
Sorry to bump this thread up from half a decade ago, but I can't seem to get findrefs to work with KOTOR 2 for me: it keeps telling me "could not locate installation directory"- which I could easily fix but I can't seem to figure out HOW to specify the directory in this program. It works fine with KOTOR 1, though. Maybe it has something to do with the fact that I downloaded them via steam?
Page: 2 of 2