Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Obi-wan in Clone armour.....

Page: 1 of 1
 Talor Star
10-01-2004, 9:48 AM
Dont know if any else has seen but in the clone war cartoons, there are a couple of scenes where obi-wan wears clone armour under his jedi cloak. I have to say he does look "pree darn cool".

Just wondering if anyone thinks that we will see this in Ep III?
 Prime
10-01-2004, 10:59 AM
I'd say unlikely, since the clone wars are pretty much over by Ep 3...
 adillon
10-01-2004, 12:44 PM
over by EP3? how do you figure? if we're supposed to see wars taking place on kashyyyk among other places, and the clones turning on their jedi commanders, i think we'll see the end of the clone wars ... therefore i think it IS possible that we might see this. it might be a nice foreshadowing of han and luke wearing the stormtrooper armor in the OT.
;)

http://www.burninglibrary.com/art/obiwan.jpg)

but i guess we'll just have to wait and see ...
 Nairb Notneb
10-03-2004, 7:09 AM
I was wondering that too. I doubt it though because the armor is not the Jedi Robes. I would think that the armor would restrict their movement with the sabers too much. However, he would look way cool.
 Prime
10-03-2004, 8:19 AM
Originally posted by adillon
over by EP3? how do you figure? I said pretty much over. And I figure because that is what Lucasfilm has said. (http://www.starwars.com/episode-iii/bts/production/news20040724.html)

"After three long years of relentless fighting, the Clone Wars are nearly at an end."
 Nairb Notneb
10-03-2004, 12:19 PM
The way I understand it the Clone War is winding down and all they (The Republic/Empire) need to do is bring in General Grievous and Dooku.
 Talor Star
10-03-2004, 12:33 PM
yeah I have to admit that its unlikely though. Its a real shame though. Some the stuff in the Clone Wars cartoons are good. Like Anikins custom Jedi starfighter (the old kind, not the new TIE like one in EP III and its got the design from his podracer in Ep I) and the sly lil chamelon droids that can become invisbile and that blow up a jedi temple thats on illum or something like that, where they get the crystals from.
 Nairb Notneb
10-03-2004, 12:59 PM
The only thing that you have to worry about coming out of the Clone Wars cartoons is General Grievous and that's because GL had them put GG in the cartoon.
 Andy867
10-14-2004, 3:13 PM
According to George Lucas, the intro to Episode 3 will basically be the last big conflict of the Clone Wars. So there is no guarantee on one idea over another for Gen. Kenobi wearing the armor.
 dark jedi 8
10-14-2004, 5:46 PM
^what he said. as not to spam i will delve into this further. it would be cool to see a live action obi in armor but since it was a cartoon and not technically canon the creators of the CW could get away with obi in armor when idealistically a jedi's robes are all he needs and they probably just added obi in armor because it looked freakin awesome.
 MarcusLeCoy
10-15-2004, 11:44 AM
Actually, it kinda was, lucasarts gave them the info, and then the guys drew it...
 Andy867
10-15-2004, 3:09 PM
You mean Lucasfilms Limited (LFL). Lucasarts is only the production company for computer and console video games, such as the Jedi Knight Series, Star Wars Battlefront and the upcoming Episode 3 Video game.

Lucasfilms is the parent company that George Lucas founded right before Star Wars (think he founded it while shooting American Graffiti.) And since then, Lucasfilms has branched out to the visual , audio and entertainment production companies Industrial Light & Magic, Skywalker Sound, and LucasArts respectively.
 dabe
10-16-2004, 2:49 AM
He was wearing the armour to disguise himself from Durge (although he had robes on over it :confused:) And that is why he uses a spear instead of his Lightsaber when the speeder battle commences.
 dark jedi 8
10-16-2004, 9:04 AM
i know Durge was a pretty worthy enemy but why would a jedi as powerful as obi wan need to take steps like that when he knew (and so everyone thought) that he could have easily killed Durge anyway, disguise or not.
i think it would have increased morale for the clones to see a jedi wearing your armor thus showing that obi wan was not afraid to fight or stay in the back lines like most generals.
 bwalt17
10-17-2004, 6:03 AM
This may not even have an ounce of credibility... Afterall... It is from a comic book...:confused:
 Talor Star
10-17-2004, 10:46 AM
He was probaly (although not cause it never happened but you understand) but made to wear it because there are so few jedi now, and their fighting huge numbers of droids and whoever, their going to need every little bit of help. But surely it would be difficult to fight effectivly with a lightsaber with the armour on
 bwalt17
10-17-2004, 11:01 AM
Yeah... it would block movement... a lot...
 Andy867
10-18-2004, 11:42 AM
Well it depends upon the material the armor was made of. If made by todays standards.. Maybe, but if you look at Feudal Japan and their way of armor, they were quite flexible. But in Star Wars, Vader had armor all over his body and he was fairly agile against a trained Luke. *Plus his hand could take multiple blaster shots*
 dark jedi 8
10-21-2004, 3:38 PM
or did he just absorb the blaster shots w/the force like yoda did w/dooku's force lightning?
 Sabretooth
10-22-2004, 11:26 PM
Nah, they just hit him, but he was so "almighty and strong and powerful" that nothing happened to him. I personally think blasters are shown a bit too weak against Jedi.
 Nairb Notneb
10-25-2004, 8:53 AM
Agreed. Sometimes Jedi come across as being to powerful and at times they don’t use any powers at all.
Page: 1 of 1