Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Point of the blockade on Chandrila

Page: 1 of 1
 Rogue-for-Higher
04-27-2001, 11:01 AM
I was just thinking, Chandrila was already blockaded with Imp stars. Why would Moff Serdon be blockading one city when the planet is under imp control? Also why would he send in bombers when he could level the city with orbital bombarment?
 Rogue9
04-29-2001, 8:46 PM
He sent the Bombers in Because Imperials Are Arrogant and feel the need to do everything in as extravegant a manner as possible
 Rogue-for-Higher
04-30-2001, 10:51 AM
But in the little sequence before the mission General Rieekan says that the Empire is bombard and surrounding the city with wall builders. What will a wall do to stop any thing. A transport could simply fly over the wall.

Also this brings up another thing on Moff Serdon’s Revenge, Serdon takes over Thyferra. Thyferra was part of the Empire if I’m not mistaken, or it was already dominated by the Empire. So its a waste of troops when you could just force the Thyferran defence force to seize the Bacta.
 Redwing
05-01-2001, 7:14 AM
You're wrong about Thyferra. As for Chandrilla, I'm not really sure.

------------------
At last we will reveal ourselves to the Jedi.
At last we will have revenge.
 Rogue-for-Higher
05-01-2001, 10:38 AM
Re: You're wrong about Thyferra. As for Chandrilla, I'm not really sure.

On Thyferra the two major Bacta corporations Zailn and Xefphera (SP?) were given control of the world by the Empire thus creating the Bacta cartel. Technically they were independent but the Empire was really in charge.

Chandrilla was blockaded by three imp stars, because of the rebellious ideas and people from that planet. Look in the SW guide to plaint and moons for the Chandrilla information.
 Rogue9
05-01-2001, 1:48 PM
Thyferra was Neutral selling Bacta to the Rebels and Imperials throughout the Galactic Civil War...
 Rogue9
05-01-2001, 1:49 PM
one of the Reason Imps don't like Chandrilla is because it was Mon Mothma's Home Planet.
 Redwing
05-03-2001, 3:50 AM
Hey! I was going to say that!

Never mind. http://www.roguesquadron.net/forums/wink.gif)

------------------
 Rogue-for-Higher
05-07-2001, 10:56 AM
I was playing this level yesterday and I found some things that were pretty cool.
1. If you bomb the living $h!t out of the train and slowly move up to the head car it can be detroyed (the head car).
2. those bombers in the cut seace can't be destroyed I locked and fired a torp it hit them in the cut seance but thay kept going.

------------------
"JOIN ROGUE SQUADRON, SEE THE GALAXY AND BLOW UP A PEACE OF IT"

"There's nothing like a seeker proton torpedo when you want to reach out an touch someone"

"Do you want to see MY Unit? :D "-Scarface2k1's Winamp.com's forums Signature
 Redwing
05-08-2001, 5:49 AM
LOL! You fired a torp at them---and it hit during the cutscene? That's pretty funny! http://www.roguesquadron.net/forums/biggrin.gif)

------------------
 Rogue-for-Higher
05-08-2001, 10:38 AM
I got it. The blockade was just beginning when this level happens. The train was carrying supplies for the Chandrilan resistance and the shuttles were evacing the chandrilan leaders, maybe even Mon Mothma herself!

------------------
"JOIN ROGUE SQUADRON, SEE THE GALAXY AND BLOW UP A PEACE OF IT"

"There's nothing like a seeker proton torpedo when you want to reach out an touch someone"

"Do you want to see MY Unit? http://www.roguesquadron.net/forums/biggrin.gif) "-Scarface2k1's Winamp.com's forums Signature

[This message has been edited by Rogue-for-Higher (edited May 08, 2001).]
 Wade Vox
05-08-2001, 5:06 PM
You can't fly out into space during a mission so you couldn't take out the Star Destroyers attacking the city...bu Bombers...a few lasers (or a homing torp) and bang!

------------------
May the Force be with me!

DROID:Security Force member approaching. Eliminate him!
GAVYN SYKES:Not today!
Page: 1 of 1