Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

JK2:JO mod for JA

Page: 1 of 1
 Zerimar Nyliram
09-20-2004, 3:52 PM
I wanted to start a JO mod for JA. This should be very easy to do, since both games are the same format, and transferring all of the maps, models, voices, SFX, etc. should be fairly easy.

Why would I waste my time with a mod like this, you ask?

Well, it all started back when I wanted to make JO more like JA, with all of the acroabatics, lightsaber moves, added effects (two-handed Force Lightning, red Force Grip aura, lines left on opponent from lightsaber, being able to electricute enemies already dead, walking up walls higher, etc.) etc. In all of the forums that I have joined, they all told me that this would be nearly impossible, since it deals with coding, etc. Then I thought, "If I just brought JO to JA as a mod, all of this will already be done."

So that's what I'm proposing: Recreating JO as a mod for JA. All of the new functions will be in it, and gameplay will be just as fun as it is in JA. Just think of playing JO, being able to do all of the things you can do in JA. Now you can walk up that wall even faster, pick up a corpse via Force Grip, deactivate your lightsaber and let 'em have it from both hands, and more!

Additional changes I wish to create:
*Correct the Saber Throw problem. (The lightsaber wasn't as "smart" in JA as it was in JO. In JO, it would actually seek out nearby enemies and kill them. In JA, however, you had to be looking diectly at the enemy, and the lightsaber would go where ever you pointed it, instead of going after enemies all by itself. I want to correct this problem.)
*Give Desann all of Kyle's moves from the final battle on the dark side, inside Ragnos' tomb. (Pick up player and throw, punch and throw, etc.) Just makes him harder.
*Make the enemies generally harder, like they are in JA.
*Bring back the "saberrealisticcombat" code for hardcore dismemberment.

Anyone with any knowledge would be appreciated. As I said, this mod shouldn't be nearly as hard to make as the DF and JK mods are, so any help would be appreciated. Thanks!
 Ackehallgren
09-20-2004, 11:55 PM
Yeah, uhm.
I don't think that's legal since JO is fairly new.
You would just convert JO to JA, which would be doing so that you only would have to buy JA and have both titles.
What you should do, is make a mod for JO with the moves and stuff you want. That way you get what you want without upsetting Lucasarts.
 Locutus_of_Borg
09-21-2004, 2:47 AM
I hate to be the one bringing up Copyright issues but simply putting the JO maps into JA is illegal. And besides which, JA uses a different scripting system to JO, so you'd likely need to rescript every cutscene and every level. I myself have tried running the JO maps in JA and it does some weird stuff. And aside from all that, the textures and maps and everything are too big to download anyway. You might as well just try altering it yourself to get it to work, then give instructions to people who want to do the same thing and who have a copy of JO. That way you're not breaching copyright because you're not distributing the files on the internet for free.
 Zerimar Nyliram
09-21-2004, 5:10 AM
Oh, I see. OK. So then can I get a team together to do what I originally wanted to do? That is, upgrading JO with all of the new acrobatics, saber moves, streak lines on enemies, red Force Grip aura, two-handed Force Lightning, etc? (I don't know much about modding.)
 ZBomber
09-22-2004, 2:27 PM
Well, the reason DF and JK are being modded is because it's MUCH different from JO and JA. But JO is pretty much the same. I don't think it's a very good idea.
 Zerimar Nyliram
09-22-2004, 6:58 PM
Hence my last post, ZBomber.
 Fracman
09-23-2004, 1:28 PM
I guess you won't find anyone here since this is the special forum the DF Mod and one sticky thread for the DF2MOD,
and we are all very busy with these mods.

You may ask in the general editing / modding forum as well...
Page: 1 of 1