Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Republic Commando coming next summer! Not Feb 2005!

Page: 1 of 1
 JBRAA
09-15-2004, 6:08 AM
Atleast that's what LucasArts said when showing off Star Wars Republic Commando at the just ended game show event "EA Imagine 2004". I dont get it, cause at the LucasArts site it still says Feb 2005, not Summer 2005 as they said last week or so. Anyone can explain?

The marketing guy said on the presentation "coming this winter.. err excuse me, this summer on xbox and pc."

Listen to him your self here:
http://mojoart.mixnmojo.com/original-art/republic-commando/videos/)
(it's the "AussieXbox Cam - Presentation (EA Imagine 2004)" video)

However, he could be confused. Or not.
 Sivy
09-15-2004, 6:14 AM
well its still says Feb 2005 on the LA site, but then it wouldn't surprised me if they had bumped it to summer.

maybe the PC version wont be out until the summer, but the xbox is still Feb and thats why he got confused. that wouldn't surprised either. seeing as kotor2 was supposed to be released on xbox and PC at the same time, but now the PC version been pushed back 2 months. moral of the story, never trust any release dates.
 ZBomber
09-15-2004, 11:17 AM
This.... it's... aug... :(

I sure hope the PC one wasn't delayed.... again.....
 Winduwt105
09-16-2004, 12:39 PM
I think i may have the answer well the movie was aussie xbox thing or wutever so aussie usually refers to Australia so there you it is going to be released in Australia in the summer.
 JBRAA
09-16-2004, 4:30 PM
Originally posted by Winduwt105
I think i may have the answer well the movie was aussie xbox thing or wutever so aussie usually refers to Australia so there you it is going to be released in Australia in the summer.

I've never heard of games being releases at one time in one country and 6months later in Australia. It doesnt sound very likely. Nice thought though. Siv might be on it.
 Winduwt105
09-16-2004, 4:35 PM
well yeah. i know no one would release games 6 months apart in different countries. that would be INSANE! Maybe the guy was confused because i saw a different video with the same guy at the same website as posted above and he said it was coming fall 2004. but it is another version of the kashyyk video. and well if it comes out in the summer i am sure Lucasarts will let us know.
 ZBomber
09-16-2004, 5:36 PM
I dunno, this is a pretty recent video isn't it? Wonder if it has been mentioned on the RC forums over at LA.....
 Winduwt105
09-16-2004, 5:49 PM
it has been mentioned over at the Lucasarts forums. I have responded in a different way to that one than this one.
 ZBomber
09-16-2004, 6:00 PM
And no offical answer yet? Intriguing.......
 ZBomber
09-16-2004, 6:31 PM
Post x2 = Oh well.....

We all need to go back to Grammar School :)

txa1265 at EchoNetwork
Um ... this was in Australia, which - last time I checked - was in the southern hemisphere ( ). That would make their 'summer' months December - March, mirroring our northern hemisphere winter. That is why - I assume - the clearly American speaker said Winter, then corrected himself to say Summer.

Forgot about that tiny factor. :p
 txa1265
09-17-2004, 10:58 AM
Thanks for quoting me over, ZBomber :) I was about to retype it here ...

Mike
 Revan Solo
09-23-2004, 6:28 AM
It is too late!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :confused: :confused: :confused:
 Revan Solo
09-23-2004, 7:32 AM
I think the forum would not be so empty if the game is released!!:)
 Alegis
09-23-2004, 8:14 AM
Originally posted by Revan Solo
I think the forum would not be so empty if the game is released!!:)
or the site up and announcements etc by lucasarts
 Revan Solo
09-23-2004, 8:19 AM
Originally posted by Alegis
or the site up and announcements etc by lucasarts What do you mean?:confused:
 Echuu Shen-Jon
09-24-2004, 2:56 PM
He means that if there came an update on the official site, it would also generate some traffic to this forum ;)

It's been quite a while since we even got a new screenshot, and we don't have much knowledge about the game except that it's a FPS where you play as squad leader between Episode II and III. We don't know what worlds we'll go to, and what characters there are in the game*. Nothing.

I long for an update :)

*Except for General Grevious
 ZBomber
09-25-2004, 3:54 PM
And Clonetroopers. :p

I doubt we'll get an update for a while since BF was just released. We can probably expect one... oh say late October/Early Novemember. ;)
 El Sitherino
09-25-2004, 5:04 PM
Originally posted by ZBomber
And Clonetroopers. :p

I doubt we'll get an update for a while since BF was just released. We can probably expect one... oh say late October/Early Novemember. ;) or mid-October, they'll probably issue some level info or something.
 ZBomber
09-26-2004, 5:28 AM
Originally posted by InsaneSith
or mid-October, they'll probably issue some level info or something.

Bah, same thing. :p I was just trying to say we probably won't see anything in the very beginning of October
 Sabretooth
10-04-2004, 3:34 AM
Maybe, according to Lucas' Time Sheet Which-Tells-the-time-and-date-and-stuff, February is in Summer!

:indif:

Possible...
 Evil Dark Jedi
10-04-2004, 4:36 AM
In Australia its summer December Januarary Feburary. So it may be coming out around that time.
 Winduwt105
10-04-2004, 12:53 PM
Originally posted by Echuu Shen-Jon

It's been quite a while since we even got a new screenshot, and we don't have much knowledge about the game except that it's a FPS where you play as squad leader between Episode II and III. We don't know what worlds we'll go to, and what characters there are in the game*. Nothing.

I long for an update :)

Actually if you read around some sites about RC like ign.com they tell you wut planets and stuff you go to like geonosis and kashyyyk and a droid control station or wutever.
 ZBomber
10-04-2004, 3:02 PM
Originally posted by Evil Dark Jedi
In Australia its summer December Januarary Feburary. So it may be coming out around that time.

Originally posted by ZBomber
Post x2 = Oh well.....

We all need to go back to Grammar School :)

txa1265 at EchoNetwork

Um ... this was in Australia, which - last time I checked - was in the southern hemisphere ( ). That would make their 'summer' months December - March, mirroring our northern hemisphere winter. That is why - I assume - the clearly American speaker said Winter, then corrected himself to say Summer.

Forgot about that tiny factor. :p

:)
Page: 1 of 1