Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Weebul & Utiinii's Shop Released (New Areas) at my site

Page: 1 of 1
 RedHawke
09-03-2004, 3:31 AM
It was my turn to play with Doom_Dealers helpful new area creation tutorial, so I did, I played around and I hope you all will enjoy it. :D

This mod adds a new shop to Tatooine, the entry NPC and a Sign will spawn now on entry to Anchorhead on Tatooine the first time, then do a little sweep of Anchorhead you should see a sign. It also adds a Czerka built Anchorhead Tunnel Complex.

The new Jawa Shop has some of the best items from the regular game. The plucky Jawa's Weebul :jedijawa: and Utiinii :jawa are the shop's owners, Utiinii deals in crystals, while Weebul deals in other items, though before he will deal with you, he has a task for you first. (Includes a new quest for KOTOR)

Version 1.1 Released 10-18-2004

Get it here from My Site :jedijawa: (http://www.citlink.net/~redhawke)

New in Version 1.1: Used beancounters information to spawn the entrance to the shop as too many people were having difficulty getting version 1.0 to work. PLEASE READ THE README FILE COMPLETELY if you are upgrading the mod from version 1.0!

Warning: Weebul's quest in the Tunnels will take you up against some very well equipped foes, consider yourself warned... you will be in for a couple of really good, and possibly very hard, fights. :D

I hope you all enjoy it! :D

Another Warning to everyone: Beware the new cheap 250 Credit upgrade crystals Utiinii sells, you will definately get what you paid for! (Use at your own Risk) :D

The Moral of the story is, Never Trust a Jawa that sells shiny stones!!! :jawa
 Doom_Dealer
09-03-2004, 4:25 AM
Sounds good, im glad my tutorial helped you out:):)

I'll take a look when i get home.
 Fred Tetra
09-03-2004, 5:35 AM
Nice to see such a complete piece of work! Also, nice to see that you used Kotor Tool to work on the creatures :) Oh, and you need to update your version of Kotor Tool; the one you used it from June 27th, five releases ago :D

Keep up the great work!
 Darth333
09-03-2004, 5:48 AM
Cool! This mod looks good :) I'll download it!

*edit* and congrats for the staff pick :)
 Prime
09-03-2004, 6:00 AM
Another good one! :)
 Mono_Giganto
09-03-2004, 6:50 AM
Nice! :)
 abcdow
09-03-2004, 6:54 AM
Just downloaded and installed the shop. I warped to tatooine to check it out as I couldn't wait, looks fantastic - can't wait until i get to that part of the game without warping! Incredible job!
 Achilles
09-03-2004, 7:27 AM
I thought you'd been a little quiet lately. Now we know why :D

Outstanding work!

...I guess I can scrap my plans for a new tatooine merchant now :cool:
 stingerhs
09-03-2004, 9:11 AM
*sits in silence staring at the screen*... :eyeraise:

this is just way too cool. redhawke, i salute you.
:rock:

btw, the mod got staff pick on pcgamemods!!!
 FiEND_138
09-03-2004, 9:30 AM
Amazing work.

/Bows :D
 Colma Adawin
09-03-2004, 9:45 AM

i just dont know what to say, im stunned EXCELLENT STUFF BUD :D:D:D well done, and CONGRATS you made Staff Picks :p

MattCole
 tk102
09-03-2004, 11:06 AM
Good job Redhawke. I'm going to have to try this out. Nice to have a new quest in a new area!

Originally posted by Fred Tetra
Nice to see such a complete piece of work! Also, nice to see that you used Kotor Tool to work on the creatures Oh, and you need to update your version of Kotor Tool; the one you used it from June 27th, five releases ago
Sneaky, Fred. Did you learn that from Microsoft? :p Just kidding -- that's actually a very good idea. (I'm using a March release of KT that didn't introduce those custom GFF fields, so this is the first I learned about it.)
 messkell
09-03-2004, 12:52 PM
awesome work, Redhawke! :):):)
 Darth Dex
09-03-2004, 12:59 PM
Sweet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
 beancounter
09-03-2004, 3:04 PM
Great Mod. I just played it through, it was a lot of fun. My level 16 Jedi actually got killed in the last battle. Ha, I was a suprised, that has not happened in a long time. The shop was good, a little overpowered, but given the difficulty of the quest it is OK. I think you might inspire some people to make a mod like this. Just curious, how long did it take you to make it?
 RedHawke
09-03-2004, 8:15 PM
Thanks Everyone I'm glad you all are enjoying the Mod. :D

*Notices that in less than 24 hours it has become a Staff Pic at PcGameMods, and wets self repeatedly, while spitting water all over keyboard and monitor*

Fred I have the latest version of KT I just haven't unzipped and installed it yet, I am doing so tonight. :D

Yes Achillies this was the reason why I have been rather silent lately! :D

And Beancounter I know the fights are pretty tough, I did it Solo with my PC having my full Darth Revan Item Package and I got dropped like a bad habit repeatedly... It was so cool! :D

Even my NPC RedHawke had some "falling down like a dead oak tree" issues! :D

Note for everyone: All the NPC's are the Stock Trandoshans from Yavin Station, and the Gamooreans from the Taris Sewers, with Double Hit Points, Beefed Up Saves, and given fully upgraded Bargawin Assault Blades, and some enhanced Gamorrean War Axes, and you get most of them from their corpses anyway, so you can see their stats, and then go ouch... they were using those on me! :D

Beancounter, as far as how long did it take to make? Well around 3-4 days at 4+ hour shots, the pain in the butt was finding a stock exit spot in the tat_m17aa module that was close enough to the shop door, to fit as an exit point. I ended up using one of Sunni Vek's Spawn Points and It worked out fine. The hardest part of any mod is to try to integrate it into the game as such that a player doesn't feel that it is really out of place.

And another Warning to everyone: Beware the new cheap 250 Credit upgrade crystals Utiinii sells, you will definately get what you paid for! (Use at your own Risk) :D:D:D

Never Trust a Jawa that sells shiny stones!!! :jawa
 Mav
09-03-2004, 11:56 PM
I'll give it a run through if I can ever find the time. Great Work
 Achilles
09-04-2004, 12:57 AM
Originally posted by maverick187
I'll give it a run through if I can ever find the time. Great Work Make the time; it's worth it :D
 Mav
09-04-2004, 9:00 PM
Originally posted by Achillies
Make the time; it's worth it :D

Between my 4 AP classes; Composition, Biology, Psychology and Calculus, and the homework they generate, football practices everyday after school from 3:30 to 6:00, Football games on Saturdays or Friday nights, my Red Cross volunteering and other things I don't find much time for computer games, or games in general. That is why unfortunately I won't be able to update my old mods i.e. my mod shop, or release my other module which has only been seen by RedHawke, Darth333 and I. Perhaps I will finish it after the football season or during Winter Vacation. Until then I will only be able to browse the forums. Oh and I will try and check out this new module by RedHawke tomorrow on my only free day of the week lol.

Off-Topic: Today in my football game we won 41-0. My Highlights: 21 yard touchdown run, 60 yard reception, 4-5 tackles, 2 defelcted passes.
 Mono_Giganto
09-05-2004, 7:11 AM
Between my 4 AP classes; Composition, Biology, Psychology and Calculus, and the homework they generate, football practices everyday after school from 3:30 to 6:00, Football games on Saturdays or Friday nights, my Red Cross volunteering and other things I don't find much time for computer games, or games in general. That is why unfortunately I won't be able to update my old mods i.e. my mod shop, or release my other module which has only been seen by RedHawke, Darth333 and I. Perhaps I will finish it after the football season or during Winter Vacation. Until then I will only be able to browse the forums. Oh and I will try and check out this new module by RedHawke tomorrow on my only free day of the week lol.

Off-Topic: Today in my football game we won 41-0. My Highlights: 21 yard touchdown run, 60 yard reception, 4-5 tackles, 2 defelcted passes.

Wow you're just like me! Except I don't play football but I have things just as time consuming... LoL
 Mav
09-05-2004, 2:15 PM
Just finished playing through it, well done RedHawke.
 Mono_Giganto
09-05-2004, 2:35 PM
*Looks at Baragwin Assault Blades and Gamorrean War Axes*

Ouch, they were using those things on me!

Finally got through, took me forever, great job RedHawke, dunno but I think it may have been a little easier if it was a bunch of Malaks filling up those tunnels. :D
 RedHawke
09-05-2004, 6:42 PM
Just finished playing through it, well done RedHawke.

Thanks Mav! :D

Originally posted by Mono_Giganto
*Looks at Baragwin Assault Blades and Gamorrean War Axes*

Ouch, they were using those things on me!

Finally got through, took me forever, great job RedHawke, dunno but I think it may have been a little easier if it was a bunch of Malaks filling up those tunnels. :D

I warned you... one Malak in the game is more than enough though. :)

Glad you liked it! :D
 Sgt. Strike
09-06-2004, 7:24 PM
For some reason, the mod doesn't work for me. Maybe I should update the game? Any advice would help on installing it.
 DarthBuzzard
09-06-2004, 7:27 PM
You mean you can't find the shop? IF that's the case, talk to the sandcrawler mechanic next to the swoop bike outside the Czerka office, that will create the shop. Run north from him, look right, and see the Jawa Guard. talk to him, and hell let you in :D
 Sgt. Strike
09-06-2004, 7:37 PM
I thought I had installed it wrong, or something. I'll give it a try soon, again.

-edit- Ok, I tried it, do I need to put the source scripts somewhere as well? Should they go in the modules folder, or override?
 Darth333
09-06-2004, 7:42 PM
Originally posted by Sgt. Strike
I thought I had installed it wrong, or something. I'll give it a try soon, again.
Read the readme: not everything goes in your overide folder.
 RedHawke
09-06-2004, 8:03 PM

-edit- Ok, I tried it, do I need to put the source scripts somewhere as well? Should they go in the modules folder, or override?

From the readme:
---------------------------------------------
Just extract the contents of the 'For Override' folder into your KOTOR override, and extract the contents of the 'For Modules' folder to your KOTOR modules folder.

NOTE:
----------------------------------------------
You don't do anything with the source scripts, they are there for enhancing the scripting knowledge for other modders, who want to try something similar.
 Sgt. Strike
09-06-2004, 8:43 PM
Ok, I'm going to redo all my mods, and see if that works. But I won't run the game until it's updated, though. That could be a problem. Oh well, I have the other mods running, though.
 Mav
09-06-2004, 11:04 PM
Originally posted by RedHawke
NOTE:
----------------------------------------------
You don't do anything with the source scripts, they are there for enhancing the scripting knowledge for other modders, who want to try something similar.

Yes I do rely heavily on source scripts and the scripting knowledge of others...;) hehehehehe
 Sgt. Strike
09-07-2004, 8:52 AM
It owrks, all I needed to do was update the game. And that wasn't too much of a problem. :)
 RedHawke
09-07-2004, 8:59 PM
Yes I do rely heavily on source scripts and the scripting knowledge of others...;) hehehehehe

Hmm... Interesting. :D

It owrks, all I needed to do was update the game. And that wasn't too much of a problem. :)

[Mr. Burns] Excellent!!! [/Mr. Burns]

I'm glad you got it all sorted out Sgt. Strike. :D
 Sgt. Strike
09-08-2004, 10:56 AM
Great mod, a bit tough, but still great. I would rate it a ten.
 RedHawke
10-18-2004, 9:23 PM
Version 1.1 Released 10-18-2004

New in Version 1.1: Used beancounters information to spawn the entrance to the shop as too many people were having difficulty getting version 1.0 to work. And integrated the global.jrl from the ORD Mandell Mod, so a certain mod installation order is no longer required with these two mods.

PLEASE READ THE README FILE COMPLETELY if you are upgrading the mod from version 1.0!
 tenou123
07-25-2006, 8:00 AM
Question: Will the mod even if it isn't the first time you enter Anchorhead? I can;t find...anything really...the spot where the shop should be (southwest) is unchanged as well (no sign or jawa). Everything is updated and I followed the instructions...tasukette onegaishimasu...:D
 Darkkender
07-26-2006, 2:31 AM
It has to be your first time visiting anchorhead as the script that spawns the Jawa outside won't fire after you've entered anchorhead for the firsttime.
 tenou123
07-26-2006, 8:06 PM
Thanks alot :)
 ARC Cody
02-06-2008, 3:52 AM
Wow!!! Just played through it, it was so great. Even though you used the Taris sewers for the game it was still awesome. I found a few glitches in the mod though, and thought I'd mention them.
1) Once the quest is given to you, a blank quest space appears in the journal.
2) Whats with the crystal one of them sells you? The stats aren't shown instead there are white blanks.
3) On the last line of dialog of Weebul,there are 2 speech options. One is something like "Do not give in to revenge" or " Revenge is not the way of jedi" or something. The other is to simply say " I will accept your quest" or something. When i click in the second option the dialog ends and I have to start from the beginning.
4) Any way to make Weebul recognize you before you accept the quest and not have to restart the whole convo?
Despite these minor glitches (Im picky like that) the whole game is awesome. The trandoshans in the sewers are soo hard to beat. No kidding about them being tough. Thanks for this awesome mod.
 RedHawke
02-07-2008, 1:26 AM
1) Once the quest is given to you, a blank quest space appears in the journal.
That sounds like the mod wasn't properly installed. The global.jrl file from the mod might be missing or overwritten by another non-compatible mod. Or it could be a language issue. There should be text there.

2) Whats with the crystal one of them sells you? The stats aren't shown instead there are white blanks.
That shouldn't be happening... again it might be your language settings.

Unless... can you at least see the name of the crystal, and does it appear in the workbench screen to place in a lightsaber? If they don't show up at the bench, please check out the first post in this thread. :xp:

3) On the last line of dialog of Weebul,there are 2 speech options. One is something like "Do not give in to revenge" or " Revenge is not the way of jedi" or something. The other is to simply say " I will accept your quest" or something. When i click in the second option the dialog ends and I have to start from the beginning.
That is wierd... when I get a chance I will look into it, but it won't be anytime soon. Sorry.

4) Any way to make Weebul recognize you before you accept the quest and not have to restart the whole convo?
You will have to restart the conversation, when this mod was done there was no dialog editor so adding in the 'bells' and whistles' of finer dialog editing was a hard thing to do. So the conversations are pretty linear.

Either way there is no way I can currently do anything on my end as I have neither game installed atm. :(
 ARC Cody
02-07-2008, 2:47 AM
Hi Redhawke, thanks for replying to my post so quickly. I think that I didn't make some of my problems very clear so Ill rephrase them.
1) The actual quest entry appears in the journal, but in addition to that a blank entry also comes.
2) The name of the crystal and description appear, but the stats are blanks.

Again your mod is incredible and thanks for bothering to reply.
 Keeper_DP
02-07-2008, 5:20 PM
If there is no text in the journal its for the language. Itґs happens to me too. But you can convert it.

Your mod its pretty god. Iґve completed it. (man, those trandoshans are REALLY hard to beat).

But, i had to use the code warp rhjawashop. Because i canґt find the shop on tantooine. T_T

Anyway. Good work. :clap2:
 Darth Payne
02-07-2008, 5:38 PM
The shop is on the right side, near a corner, just past the czerka shop.

There is a sign and a jawa in front, talk to the jawa and he will lett you in.

When your finished, there is a console next to the door, use that and it will take you outside.
 Meatbag77
12-27-2008, 7:47 PM
I am experiencing the white blocks in the new crystals titles. I also can't access the new crystals in my workbench on the Ebon Hawk. I can see them in my item list, just can't use them in an upgrade.

I don't know anything about modding or how to fix this kind of stuff.:confused:

Thanks in advance for any help.:D
 Darth Payne
12-27-2008, 9:36 PM
If i remember correctly the new crystals are actually fakes.
 Meatbag77
12-27-2008, 10:47 PM
Hahaha. :D:xp:

That makes sense actually, Redhawke did say 'we get what we pay for' with those crystals.

Thanks for the help.
 RedHawke
12-28-2008, 8:41 AM
Another 'victim'! Excellent! Even after all this time!

*Counts the many credits my Jawa minion has collected...*

:xp:
 Meatbag77
12-28-2008, 5:16 PM
:D:D:D Thanks a lot for the great mod RH!
Page: 1 of 1