Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Episode 2 A New Foe

Page: 1 of 3
 Doc Valentine
08-23-2004, 1:48 AM
Ok everyone, I have begun the plot production on the the next episode. Here is what happens, a mysterious force has banned together to fight against the Empire, only this time they arnt light side. The Galactic Senate is getting more complacent, so your first mission is to go to coruscant where you keep HK-47. And ask him to assasinate well i wont leak all of that part. This one is guaranteed to be 100x better than the last one, more walking around more side quests, i have a side quest person who is good for that stuff. As for planets the only one im keeping of the reskin is Coruscant, you will see Tatooine, Korriban, Coruscant, Manaan (completely taken over) Endor, and Vijune. Plus the leviathon of cource. Kampher is back so its not just me and yoko doing VOs. And Anora Sorellia still has a role to play if you let her. This is alot more player controlled, not just one path like the last one. With help from bob I have seen that i can do better. So now i will. I will dump most of the screenies on my site, to make room for this. And I am no longer going to be a one man teem. Effort isnt enough. I need someone who can do skins for me just a few now and then.

Well thats it for now.
 FiEND_138
08-23-2004, 1:57 AM
Hmmm.. sounds as though it will be pretty cool. Good Luck with your project :)
 Glamador
08-23-2004, 2:53 AM
all mods need to go thru testing...ur first installment was a HUGE step in modding...it freakin' put u on the map! as an early mod in ur career i say that u made one GIANT leap...every mod u make afterward is bound to get at least a little bit better than ur first so im really looking forward to this as will i look forward to all the things ur gonna do in the future...i would volunteer to help, but i unfortunately got kind of bored with this community faster than usual for me...i have mania issues...still, i keep up with all the games ive modded (even minimal modding) so if u need a helping hand i would be glad to learn and assist with anything u might need...i hav respect for u G.
 Yoko
08-25-2004, 2:16 AM
@Glamador
Glamador, I would be more than glad if you could help me with voice overs, more than me and casey is a whole lot better!:D I'll bet I can use you for a whole bunch of people. Keep close watch to see what I have for you.

As for the mod, real good things are happening. Kevis, has lent me his helping hand in writing and sidequests. And from what i have seen he is darn good. When i do my mod this time im going to do it right! Not just a two person team anymore. Now ANYONE who would like to jump on the bandwaggon you may. I have need for skinners, MODELERS!!!!!,Moders, Story people, Voice over people, the works, anyone and everyone are welcome.

Oh and to sute your interests, now that the storyline has been layed out by ROTS, i am now able to give you ALOT more choices in the dialogue, for exampleWho you want HK-47 to assasinate on the senate!! and much more.

Keep posted.

Mozzle you guys, good things.

EDIT: Sorry for the confusion, yoko signed on my computer as her but its me, i just forgot to sign in as me:)
 En liten mus
08-25-2004, 3:05 AM
Sry i just hadto try this Spoiler thing out....there is no spolier below jus a messeg:

Wow Thx Gsccc this is fun stuff. Oh coolie this is
awsome....I cant wit to get to try this baby out :D. Im looking forward to working with you......tho i must focus on school right now but il work with you
 seawolfe
08-25-2004, 3:08 AM
Ima 'merican ... so what kind of voices do you need?
 Doc Valentine
08-25-2004, 4:32 AM
Originally posted by seawolfe
Ima 'merican ... so what kind of voices do you need?
Well, any would be nice really, more than what we have. We will kindly accept anything you can offer.:) If you can, send me your voice of you saying a sentance of anything, and give it to me in email. This way i can see who you will play:) THANKS A BUNCH FOR VOLUNTEERING, this goes for everyone else too.
 En liten mus
08-25-2004, 10:16 AM
I might be geting a headset...you know the ones you use in TS (TEam Speak) this weekend so i might be able to help anyways with the voices
 Glamador
08-25-2004, 1:17 PM
well, here are my voices...all the ones i can do convincingly anyway...im rather proud of the way i sound actually...:

http://dl.downloadhosting.com/download/unknown/MyVoices.rar)

cast me for whatever you want!
 Doc Valentine
08-25-2004, 2:04 PM
Originally posted by Glamador
well, here are my voices...all the ones i can do convincingly anyway...im rather proud of the way i sound actually...:

http://dl.downloadhosting.com/download/unknown/MyVoices.rar)

cast me for whatever you want!
I like them, very origonal, works perfectly. I will check out who you can play right away!
 Bobo
08-25-2004, 2:14 PM
just general Freindly Ideas :)

For Episode II, you have a whole new area to create, and your imagination can go (Censored) Wild, For Ideas you could do many things to Incorperate Bastila, T3-M4 HK-47 Canderous, and Maybe even Zaalbar.

There is a slight bug at the End of the Game....

When you tell Zaalbar to Kill Mission, notice how she never really dies? shes just stunned. Ah! Now heres the Idea, Since Carth Returned, Mission Can return!

then have that with some Story to Zaalbar.

Another Idea, is Malak, Hes a Big Bad Sithlord, but what if.... he had offspring? you can incorperate the model Unique_JediMalek and have a Malak Kid, maybe even join you.

Biff Strife, im beleving he is returning no? He would make a Great Commander (Fire the Old Geezer on the Leviathan and Replace him with Biff)

and for my last Little Idea for u to Ponder about

Bastila,

Remember her (Censored) "Dying" mother?

Well, Maybe She falls to the Darkside and or Tries to kill Bastila eh?

hehe i hope i gave you some little seeds for you to grow! :)

Btw I wish all of you Full of Luck here, Something to Give us some fun things to do before Kotor2! (this stuff is absolutly Kotor Quality :D)
 Mono_Giganto
08-25-2004, 7:41 PM
I'll be looknig forward to this step of the mod. :)

I could help you with making new items for your mod if you'd like. :)

You know how to contact me. :)
 Doc Valentine
08-25-2004, 9:06 PM
Originally posted by Master Bobo
just general Freindly Ideas :)

For Episode II, you have a whole new area to create, and your imagination can go (Censored) Wild, For Ideas you could do many things to Incorperate Bastila, T3-M4 HK-47 Canderous, and Maybe even Zaalbar.

There is a slight bug at the End of the Game....

When you tell Zaalbar to Kill Mission, notice how she never really dies? shes just stunned. Ah! Now heres the Idea, Since Carth Returned, Mission Can return!

then have that with some Story to Zaalbar.

Another Idea, is Malak, Hes a Big Bad Sithlord, but what if.... he had offspring? you can incorperate the model Unique_JediMalek and have a Malak Kid, maybe even join you.

Biff Strife, im beleving he is returning no? He would make a Great Commander (Fire the Old Geezer on the Leviathan and Replace him with Biff)

and for my last Little Idea for u to Ponder about

Bastila,

Remember her (Censored) "Dying" mother?

Well, Maybe She falls to the Darkside and or Tries to kill Bastila eh?

hehe i hope i gave you some little seeds for you to grow! :)

Btw I wish all of you Full of Luck here, Something to Give us some fun things to do before Kotor2! (this stuff is absolutly Kotor Quality :D)
OOOOO thanks for the suggestions! I'll see what i can do with 'em:D
Your very creative.
 Doc Valentine
08-26-2004, 11:49 PM
Hey darth333, how do you change music, both for battle and for area. Like mid dialogue. I want to have the player walk through the set and when he begins dialogue with the person, the music will change. How do i do this?
 Doc Valentine
08-27-2004, 12:10 AM
I found an AWSOME ability, now you guys will not have to go through the trouble of backing up your music files because i am no longer overighing them. I found that if i simply add sections to the ambientmusic.2da i can add custom music without overwriting the origonals! So that is also a GREAT thing about this next mod im making. Ill keep you posted!;)
 Glamador
08-27-2004, 12:33 AM
how could u not notice that...i realized stuff like that when i went thru every interesting .2da i saw...like classgain.2da...i get like 4 force points every other lvl...i like ur music tho so i will overwrite anyway!
 Doc Valentine
08-27-2004, 3:08 AM
[Robert Gulet]"It's beginning to look a lot like MAAARS!"[/Robert Gulet]
http://img53.exs.cx/img53/1528/KotOR0000n.gif)
This is a picture of Geonosis. A new planet in A new Foe. Post Feedback, im working on the sky, trying to make it more density.
 Colma Adawin
08-27-2004, 3:20 AM
i like it, but if its a new planet is there anyway to either get rid of, or cover up the Czecha Boundy Markers?

anyway, i like it, hope to see it in-game,

Good Luck Gsccc, Remember im here if you need me

MattCole
 kevlet
08-27-2004, 9:54 AM
GS I have some ideas for some sidequest(s) on coruscant, if I don't speak to you on MSN before you read this.

Do you want me to map them all out and write them up in detail?

Or do you want me to wait until I speak to you and we can discuss?
 Doc Valentine
08-28-2004, 2:13 AM
I am happy to announce that i WILL be releasing a beta for A New Foe, just like i released one for Reign of the Sith. It will feature the planet of Geonosis. The enemies will be Geonosian Warriors!:D I will TRY to get it done by the end of the weekend, i will be leaving on vacation for a week on Sunday i think. Well happy trails.

BTW: I still need a modeler, and a good one so that i can edit placeables, and a REAL good skinner, like svosh maybe? who can do a coupple of skins when they have the time. And Seawolf i am eager to hear your voice for my mod, it would be awsome!
 StormTrooper789
08-28-2004, 5:39 PM
Sorry but we can't edit placeables the MDLOPS thread says placeables aren't supported. We need to do social enginerring on Bioware to release that model format!
 Darth Dex
08-28-2004, 5:48 PM
I like the mars planet.
 Doc Valentine
08-28-2004, 10:42 PM
Well I updated the website a bit and added a few pages. To give you the scoop on new people items and planets that i will be using. I have gone into in depth description of the allies as well as added new ones! So if you want to you can go check it out now at http://cmgsccc0.tripod.com). I'd love to hear your feedback!
 Yoko
08-28-2004, 11:41 PM
Is there a way that we can make a certain weapon shoot a different effect? For example, currently I am toutching up the geonosian warrior for the mod and I wanted to know if there is a way we can make his blaster have the fire effect of the selkath's blasters when they go insane.

Some help would be real cool:)
 kampher
08-29-2004, 12:27 AM
hey gsccc, let me know when you need that voice acting done. I havent really been coming her,e as I have been busy with other things. anyway, ill be checking back about once a day on my pms with a script for what i need to say. let me know, thx.
 Doc Valentine
08-29-2004, 1:20 AM
Originally posted by MTV2
isnt there a new sith, darth sion, and your the only hope for the jedi,republic, galaxy, cuz your the only one left, right? thats wat i heard at least. and that darth sion is like a messed up person, i think.
Im not exactly sure where you heard that, BUT CLOSE!:D True there is a new sith. Two to be exact, Darth Sorion and Darth Detrus. Darth Sorion is sort of the palpetine type. However the Jedi play a minor role in this episod. You're main struggle is a struggle for power. Ever since you took down Correlia there has been Chaos in the Sith Republic. People are saying that you are insane and cant be trusted. Darth Sorion uses this incident to try and steal your throne from you. And depending on how you act and what you chose in certain events, will determin how you stop him from taking it. Glad to clear that up:D As well as any other questions you may have! Go for it!:D
 Glamador
08-29-2004, 3:26 AM
I believe he thinks that this thread is about KotOR episode 2...TsL i mean...he seems a bit confused...
 Mono_Giganto
08-29-2004, 10:07 AM
Originally posted by Yoko
Is there a way that we can make a certain weapon shoot a different effect? For example, currently I am toutching up the geonosian warrior for the mod and I wanted to know if there is a way we can make his blaster have the fire effect of the selkath's blasters when they go insane.

I think that's a sonic pistol shot, dunno, but you could work off that.
 Doc Valentine
09-14-2004, 4:18 PM
Hello everyone!

It has been a long time since i have worked on this but no worries, got my cool back and I'm properly motivated. Thanks to Tk102 and his FABULOUS new Dlgedit, I can doubble the speed of production. I have all the stuff written down, the only thing i was avoiding was using the old dlgedit:eek: . But thanks to tk102 i am able to work it out faster and with TOKENS. that means no more them calling you sir when you are a girl he he he. As for scripts this is how i have mapped it out for the beta:

Commoner 1: GLAMADOR
Commoner 2: GLAMADOR
Geonosian Warrior: Me:rolleyes:
Trader: GLAMADOR
Guard 1: KAMPHER
Guard 2: KAMPHER

As for Kampher and Glamador, pm me and i will give you your scripts. You can expect the beta to come out very soon.

Wish me luck!
GSCCC:D
 stingerhs
09-14-2004, 6:24 PM
Originally posted by Yoko

hmm, something that i have expertise in.

lets assume you want to make a heavy repeating sonic rifle. i'm going to assume that you know how to make your own .uti file for the actual weapon.

first, find the line for the heavy repeating blaster (line 24) and copy it to an open line at the bottom of your baseitems.2da. now, you'll have to change the the row label to the next highest number available. MAKE SURE YOU WRITE THIS NUMBER DOWN. you will need it later for your .uti.

second, you will be modifying these columns: damageflags, invsoundtype, and ammunitiontype. damageflags tells the game what kind of damage is the primary damage type. this is very important, or you will be having a sonic rifle delivering energy damage. invsoundtype tells the game what kind of sound to play whenever the weapon fires. ammunitiontype tells the game what kind of bolt is being fired.

ok, now you just need to do some comparing. check the line for the sonic rifles (line 22) and look up the forementioned columns. now, write down those numbers. return to your new line and replace the current cells with the numbers you wrote down. if this sounds like chinese, let me spell it out for you:

damageflags for your weapon should be 1024. this is the number for sonic damage as the weapon's primary damage.
default is 4096, which is energy.

invsoundtype should be 7. default is 8.

ammunitiontype should be 4. for reference, check out the ammunitontypes.2da.

alright, you should be done with the .2da editing (isn't it fun??? :D ). at this point, save your baseitems.2da in your override folder.

ok, one more thing, and you should be ok. if you notice, the built in gff editor in the kotor tool uses a scroll down menu for the itemtype in your .uti file. fred tetra designed it so that you wouldn't have to look up the baseitems.2da whenever you wanted to make a new item. however, it does not reference your new baseitems.2da that you just saved in your override folder. so, you'll just have to do it the old fashioned way. you'll need a gff editor (which can be obtained in the tools/mods download sticky).

open the gff editor and expand the toplevel structure. you should find a field that is called "baseitem". remember the number of the row label that i told you to write down?? you'll need to put that number here.

okay, now just save your .uti to your override folder, and you are done. :D :D :D :D

i seriously hope that helps. good luck to ya!!!
 Doc Valentine
09-18-2004, 8:10 AM
Thanks a whole bunch dude! This is going to help me so much! Now i can finish the beta even EARLIER!!!

-GSCCC
 DarthBuzzard
09-19-2004, 6:44 PM
*drools unstoppably*
*wipes drool*

Gsccc...I'd be happy to help in any way. Im still learning KSE, but I've done several radio commericals, and would be happy to lend a voice. Just note, I'm 12 so it may not be what youre lookin for ;)
 Glamador
09-19-2004, 7:28 PM
in ur sig it says u've been crushing hte republic since 1990...if you twelve then u've been a sith since u were -2 yrs old...almost -3...
 *Yoinked*
09-20-2004, 5:41 AM
in ur sig it says u've been crushing hte republic since 1990...if you twelve then u've been a sith since u were -2 yrs old...almost -3...
:rofl:
Too funny!!!

Also Gsssc have you ever thought of using the abandoned section of the Black Vulkar Base in one of your mods. It would add a, while not brand-new, different experience. I think its warpcode is warp tar_m10ab.
 DarthBuzzard
09-20-2004, 3:51 PM
Originally posted by Glamador

LOL i never noticed that was the wrong date. should read "1992".

anyways...(achilles you may know what i am talking about, maybe not...fellow 'zonie :D) I was a winner in the "Be KOOL stay in school" 2003-2004 contest (and won a smackin' good 4000 dollar scholarship :eek: ), then i did a few radio commercials for KOOL 94.5 (with John-Michaels :eek: )

also i could offer ideas, but voiceovers are my strongest point :D
 Lorden Darkblade
09-20-2004, 4:06 PM
It's a lot of work, but when it's done you'll be very proud of your work, cuz the way things are going this MOD will rock ;) :D :cool:
 Juha Avery
10-05-2004, 6:21 AM
Is this mod making any progress? i mean how far is it :D Id just like to know if its ready before kotor 2.
 *Yoinked*
10-05-2004, 11:25 AM
I think most of the team is gone playing Battlefront for now, but PROBABLY will be back soon, I hope....
 Mono_Giganto
10-05-2004, 12:23 PM
Originally posted by Adam G.
I think most of the team is gone playing Battlefront for now, but PROBABLY will be back soon, I hope....

Not a chance Battlefront is too fun. :D LoL j/k I'll ask Gsccc next time I talk to him, as far as I know, he's been busy lately.
 MTV2
10-05-2004, 4:29 PM
how far are you? cant wait
BUSTED!:p jk
 Glamador
10-05-2004, 4:29 PM
yea, battlefront is sweet...but so is the new Mortal Kombat! However i am still ready to come at G's beck and call!
 *Yoinked*
10-06-2004, 6:15 AM
i do hope it is done before TSL comes out on any system, cause before it "goes out of da spotlight", i would like to go through and play a new foe, cause so far it sounds interesting...
 *Yoinked*
10-22-2004, 12:44 PM
What is going on with this mod?? It has been almost a month since somebody post here (I did)!

-Adam G
 Mono_Giganto
10-23-2004, 7:14 AM
Originally posted by Adam G
What is going on with this mod?? It has been almost a month since somebody post here (I did)!

-Adam G

Gsccc has been busy as of late with work in the real world, you'll have to give him time to work on higher priorities.

PS - A bit off topic, but you really should shorten up your signature a bit.
 *Yoinked*
10-23-2004, 11:33 AM
Ok, just wondering...

Adam G

PS Is this better?
 Doc Valentine
10-24-2004, 1:14 AM
Ok everyone, i know it has been a long while since I have posted here, and i appologize for the delay. As Mono_Giganto said, I had lots of work piled up. But now that things are clearing I am hoping to start running my mod again. However, I will no longer be operating under the team of Infinite Empire, for they are kind of unoffisially disbanded. To answer adam's question, i AM hoping to release this mod before TSL. However, I didn't think i would be making this until someone actually posted in it so i had made a comittment to the Resident Evil: Dreamless mod team for Doom 3. They have kind of put that on hold too, in fact for quite a while so i dont think i will be modding for them any time soon. The reason i felt obligated to mod for this game is due to the lack of rescources and the age of the game, but the public intrest in the mod is enough to make me want to come back to it so, yea sure, ill start up again. Hope to be working with you all soon,

PS: Adam G: My Sincere condolences to the loss of your parents, I know what it feels like to lose many very close family members.
(Just wish i could spell right)
-Gsccc
 *Yoinked*
10-24-2004, 4:41 AM
That is good to know, and thank you, I hope to see it released soon...

ps Nice sig!

-Adam G
 Glamador
10-24-2004, 7:36 AM
one word man...YAY!
 Doc Valentine
11-08-2004, 3:36 PM
Ok guys here's the deal, im going to incorperate cinematics in this episode to set up the story so that you dont have to have one road dialogues with people to get the theme in place. The movies will be cinematic much like the ones with Malak on the leviathon and so on. Now my question is and this is mostly pointed to Darth333, does kotor take AVI movie format and how do I incorporate that at certain points like when the player steps at a certain place?

Much help would be wonderful. Just to say for the progress of the mod, I've got the plot all set and I know where the story is going. So I am more prepaired than last time, pretty soon i will be adding the voice to the characters, thats where you come in Glamador.

So here is some background on what is going on: It is a while after you are pretty much the ruler of the universe, or what is known of it, you now just need to gain controll of the senate so you go to coruscant where you will meet up with Hk-47 to apply a little pressure. At some point in the game, near the start, you find that a new dark power is rising and trying to overthrough you. You also find that there is a Jewel that has immence power and has be shattered and scattered accross the galaxy, there will be many side-quests and main quests, and there will be a lot more of you being able to choose what you want to do, so there has been some development there. Ill give you more updates when I can.
-GSCCC
 tk102
11-08-2004, 3:50 PM
SWKOTOR uses Bink video for movies.

You can download a Bink encoder from http://www.radgametools.com/bnkmain.htm)

These videos can be invoked using the StartNewModule function with the movie's name passed in the 3rd..9th parameter.
Page: 1 of 3