Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Wow

Page: 1 of 1
 Shevek
08-19-2004, 3:18 PM
I stumbled onto this mod recently and have to say, even though I couldnt try the demo (I have Jedi Academy but not Outcast), I am very impressed your info and screenshots. I have never been a huge run n' gun FPS fan (I perfer titles like System Shock, Deus Ex, Halflife, etc) but I loved Dark Forces. To this day, it is my favorite run n' gun FPS - easily beating out the Build games, Dooms, Unreals and Quakes out there

Anywho, great job guys - I wish you the best of luck in finishing this thing.
 Neverhoodian
08-20-2004, 1:40 AM
Sounds like you picked a pretty good time to find out about this, as the JA three level demo will be released in a few weeks or so. (hopefully!) My experience with Dark Forces is pretty slim; I only played a demo once that a friend of mine had years ago. I've more recently played the JO demo of the mod. I can't wait until the JA demo is released. The JO demo was fantastic, and from the screenshots and trailer I've seen, this new demo will blow it out of the water.
 Ackehallgren
08-20-2004, 3:42 AM
Dark Forces was and still is a fantastic game - And I seriously think this team is like... the greatest team that could ever pull this project off! This is the greatest - most advanced JA mod ive ever seen!

I think they rule!
 CortoCG
08-28-2004, 10:19 AM
Wow indeed, thanks for you support guys, sometimes we really need it, when the deadlines stretch like gum, and we can't get enough time to work on the mod. Sometimes the morale is pretty low, and being so close to release a new demo is really motivatiing. But more motivating is reading what you guys think of us and the mod.

Thanks a lot once again.
 recombinant
08-30-2004, 2:32 PM
some of us could use some more motivation than others, too...

:D
 DuncanR2N
08-30-2004, 6:37 PM
Yes, wow indeed. I've played through Dark Force more than I can count (well not quite true but I've played it alot) and I was very impressed with how you've not just reproduced each level but also added more detail without compromising the original look and feel. Many time I see retexturing projects (for games like Duke, Doom engine games and Quake) where the new textures bear no resemblance to the original artwork. Based one what I've seen from the screenshot you've done an excellent job with the retexturing.

I am very much looking foward to this once it is complete.
Page: 1 of 1