Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Have people left?

Page: 1 of 1
 Ackehallgren
08-16-2004, 6:08 AM
Where has all the "Hey how are you gonna do that" and "The crow should actually be colored in another brown" threads gone? :o No one is here to discuss anymore!!!

Like Katarn 07, and them guys... Come back and discuss... This place is dead now :(
 Fracman
08-16-2004, 2:23 PM
Hey Ackehallgren,
as long as there is anyone here, this place is not dead.
Everyone of us is working hard on real world business, school, private projects (e.g. children ;))
The mod comes only if there is time left.

Please don't despair :p
 ewok mercenary
08-16-2004, 2:43 PM
Ah, the reason nobody says about the color of the Moldy Crow anymore is because the MOD team actually released an exclusive image of the updated Crow to a select few websites, although taking care to ensure that you never saw it just to annoy you. :)

Proof:
http://www.tony-wan.f2s.com/misc/mc1.jpg)
:p

And besides, there are obviously still enough people around to ask questions about why nobody is around to ask any questions anymore ;)
 Ackehallgren
08-17-2004, 4:25 AM
I guess people will come back and talk about the demo too... :)
 SlicerDude
08-17-2004, 5:23 PM
I was kinda waiting for the demo to come out before I started pestering the team about the inclusion of the headlamp and other vital things. I also decided that my questions about the dianoga could wait because I'll be seeing it for myself soon. Of course, the release of the demo will probably attract new people to discuss the mod too.
 Neverhoodian
08-17-2004, 6:15 PM
Like SlicerDude, I'm biding my time until the release comes out. Since the demo is so close to release, I don't see the need to bother folks asking about it. Rest assured that I'll be more than happy to discuss the demo at length when it's released.;)
 Zappa_0
08-21-2004, 5:37 PM
When does the demo come out?
 SlicerDude
08-21-2004, 6:55 PM
On the site (http://darkforces.jediknight.net) it says the demo will hopefully be released "by the end of August if not sooner" or "very soon." I'm starting to get excited about this. Hopefully I can start getting ahead on homework this weekend so I don't have much to do when the demo comes out.
 Locutus_of_Borg
08-22-2004, 11:05 AM
Well I've noticed that in the past release dates/estimates have usually been between one day to several weeks before the actual release. Besides, the DF MOD seems to like keeping us on our toes ;) so I'm guessing it could be several more weeks until we see the demo.
 Salv
08-22-2004, 12:46 PM
Being the dude in charge of coming up with quite a chunk of the beef right now Im pretty confident when I say its gonna blow people away. We have a few little "how did they do that?" moments packed in the demo. Down to it, Im just proud about how much this talented team changed the game that it looks and feels different.
 ewok mercenary
08-22-2004, 4:58 PM
Down to it, Im just proud about how much this talented team changed the game that it looks and feels different.

Well that isn't exactly difficult, all you need to do is make a clone of Pong with SW images and you've made it look and feel different ;)
 SlicerDude
08-22-2004, 5:51 PM
Originally posted by ewok mercenary
Well that isn't exactly difficult, all you need to do is make a clone of Pong with SW images and you've made it look and feel different ;)

That would only look different than pong; it would play the same and therefore feel almost the same. The feel of a game depends on how it plays and sometimes on the effect created by its graphics. Of course, if you made this Pong clone in JA, it'd certainly feel different than JA ;).

Regarding the release date, I've remained under the impression that it's on track for release at the end of August, but it'd be nice to have some official confirmation of that. Or just the demo :D.
 michael_collins
08-22-2004, 8:04 PM
Yeah we all still here foo, just waiting on the demo, patienly waiting, and giving my life over to the elder scrolls 3 GOTY edition. Also waiting on HL2 and Halo2. But we still here :D Still waiting.....still excited as ever we were.
 ewok mercenary
08-24-2004, 11:23 AM
Of course, if you made this Pong clone in JA, it'd certainly feel different than JA

Hehe, that's what I meant :p
Page: 1 of 1