Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

How'd ya make up yer name?

Page: 1 of 1
 Doomie
08-10-2004, 1:51 PM
Swampies should've figured it out already: I'm bored again. So that's why i'm asking you guys: How did you make up your screenname? What does it mean? stuff like that.

Mine just plain simple: Upon playing JK 2, i took over the name of Galak Fyarr's flagship...
 ET Warrior
08-10-2004, 2:15 PM
Mine is a long harrowing tale. It begins in 6th grade when a friend of mine decided that I look like ET. I dunno why, but that was his decision. So ET was the nickname IRL, but online I played as Sith Warior. I dropped the second R in warrior since it was such a generic name and I wanted a LITTLE originality.

Well eventually I decided that Sith Warior was just too generic, and I put the ET in front, and brought back the second R since it wasn't a boring name anymore. It's been ET Warrior since. :dozey:
 yaebginn
08-10-2004, 2:24 PM
I write fanfic online. And one of my characters is named Yaeb Ginn. when I wrote them a few years ago, I made him like, really powerful, but I am rewriting them to make him alot less pwoerful, he's not even gonna be a Jedi anymore. I got ginn from qui gon jinn and just took the g from gon and replaced the j in jinn with it. for yaeb, I have no idea.
 Pad
08-10-2004, 2:52 PM
My name started a few years back when I was playing jedi outcast online. I wanted a not so common name with still a few links to cool characters. And so the name Padanime was born. In it you obviously can see "Padme" and "Ani".
But when chatting online Padanime was a bit too long and thatґs when Pad arrived on the scene. And thatґs what it still is.
 BurnsU
08-10-2004, 3:54 PM
Back in JK2 I used the name Jediperson, I realized it was a lame name and thought of BuRnsALOT immediately.

Then I realized even that name was lame.

I changed it to BurnsU and left it there because every name I pick sucks.

Not a very exciting story is it? :rolleyes:
 Alegis
08-10-2004, 5:35 PM
A stupid jedi name generator, even though i gave it the wrong input. when i replied with Aleers Gensan to the one who gave me the generator he suggested Alegis instead. Mostly just "Alegis" i play now

i <3 unique nicknames. Some server i recently tried even remembered me from in september..
 kome566
08-10-2004, 10:51 PM
O_o thats elite Alegis.I got this name when i was making my dad's mail account :D I dunno what it means or how to pronounce it but i prefer it to b something like "Call Me" or something like that :D
 Virtuosis
08-11-2004, 12:10 AM
Virtuosis, well it started off in Everquest, my guild was something like Virtuous Defenders, and I was in it for a while, than I started the guild mascot Virtuosis, and it has just spread everywhere.

Than my SWG name, is Cyrus Petothel, Petothel is from EU book I think it was the Xwing series of books, and Cyrus I don't remember where i got that from...
 Jed
08-11-2004, 1:16 AM
Well back in the day, I registered for a site quite hastily, and just put Jedi...but then I needed something that wouldn't be taken. So being the insomniac that I am, I looked at the time and regged up at 2:20AM, hence my original name, Jedi220.

After awhile on these forums, I developed the nickname Jed, and I had my name changed upon becoming a moderator over at the Jedi Knight Series forums.
 Sam
08-11-2004, 3:27 PM
Its my real name.

That just shows you how creative I am.

:p
 ET Warrior
08-11-2004, 3:29 PM
Originally posted by Sam
Its my real name.

That just shows you how creative I am.

That's because you suck at the internet :dozey:

:D
 ckcsaber
08-11-2004, 4:37 PM
ckc = my initials

saber = fencing weapon of choice, spelled as if it were a light-saber instead of sabre.
 ZBomber
08-11-2004, 11:47 PM
I got it when I was making a Zelda board with a friend in 2000. I was trying to think of a cool name, and he suggest something from Majora's Mask. So, I went through and saw the Bombers club...

Z = Zelda
Bomber = Dur.....

I've though about changing it to Zed since that's what everyone calls me, but I like the name ZBomber. :)
 ET Warrior
08-12-2004, 12:15 AM
Plus Zed is too much like Jed.
 Evil Dark Jedi
08-12-2004, 3:37 AM
Well I first put Dark Jedi and saw that it was taken.I then wrote Evil Jedi and it was also taken.So I put them together Evil Dark Jedi or in short EDJ as alot of people have said in other threads and forums.
 DieStarWarsGeek
08-12-2004, 3:49 AM
just guess..
 Revlt Coranier
08-12-2004, 5:12 AM
It all started a year or two ago when I first joined the Emperor's Hammer. I had to pick a name to join. I wanted it to be original and Revlt Coranier just popped into my head. I've used it for everything ever since.
Pronunciation: REHvult KoranEER
 Xirion
08-12-2004, 6:15 AM
ummm these guys were caleld tirion and sirion so i went for xirion!
 Alegis
08-12-2004, 6:29 AM
Originally posted by DieStarWarsGeek
just guess..
everyone calls you that while pointing knives at you?
 Doomie
08-12-2004, 10:00 AM
I've though about changing it to Zed since that's what everyone calls me, but I like the name ZBomber.

We could call you Big Z, like Zaalbar...

And DieStarwarsGeek, do you mean you don't like starwars geeks and want them to die, in wich case i suggest you run since we've got overwhelming numbers, or do you mean DieHARD starwars geek or something?
 Lynk Former
08-12-2004, 10:38 AM
He could mean "The"StarWarsGeek as in the german translation. Or he could just mean DieStarWarsGeek XD

Me... Lynk Former is a name I came up in 1996, It's what my name would be if I was an X-Wing pilot in the SW Universe :p
 ZBomber
08-12-2004, 7:26 PM
Originally posted by Doomgiver
We could call you Big Z, like Zaalbar...

That name fits me all too well. :p

BTW, ET, Zed came before Jed, so nah! :p He was just the first one to get a name change to his nickname :p
 TK-8252
08-12-2004, 8:44 PM
Ah, you can't forget the moment that Stormtrooper blasted Kyle Katarn off a cliff in Mysteries of the Sith. :D

"Base this is TK-8252. I have eliminated the intruder, repeat, I have eliminated the intruder. Out." :trooper:
 Sabretooth
08-17-2004, 7:32 AM
I'm so creative. I made that name out of my own imagination.

:indif:

They named a species of extinct tigers after me.
 El Sitherino
08-17-2004, 7:43 AM
well.... I'm mentally ill... and I was reading the Outlaw Star manga, and playing Mysteries of the Sith, so I was like my favourite alien species from outlaw star, and also the opposite of the jedi, the Sith. So... InsaneSith. HUZZAH! thus concludes my fascinating tale of pot enduced creation.
 BawBag™
08-17-2004, 8:11 AM
Mine's Scottish slang for scrotum. :dozey:

With a nifty ™ at the end.

BawBag is an incredibly versatile word y'know....
 Mountainforest
08-17-2004, 9:56 AM
Just took my last name (woudenberg) and translated it to English :D

If you do it correctly you'll get mountainandforest, but I didn't like that.
 Tipppmann813
08-20-2004, 2:50 PM
i play paintball so i got my name from a gun:) :)
 ET Warrior
08-20-2004, 3:49 PM
Does the name of the gun really have three p's in it, or was that just a typo :D
 Revlt Coranier
08-20-2004, 3:52 PM
As for if it is a typo or if he did it on purpose, I don't know. But I do know it is spelled Tippmann with two p's.
 yaebginn
08-20-2004, 3:56 PM
darnit, I made him a name, and I must have put an extra p in there. my bad.
 ckcsaber
08-20-2004, 3:59 PM
I've got a custom Tippman. Suits me well.
 yaebginn
08-20-2004, 5:03 PM
same with him, hes got a 98custom and is gonna start a team, hes gonna elect me as the leader, cause I am both better at paintball, and have better leadership skills. but hes gonna be co-leader. Our Names Our...Made in The USA or Mercenaries.
 Darth Groovy
08-20-2004, 7:59 PM
Believe it or not, I discovered my name by accident in 1993, after a long drinking binge with some buddies. We were at that age, where we could turn any activity into a drinking celebration. One weekend was "Trilogy" weekend. We rented the Star Wars Trilogy, and the Evil Dead Trilogy.

My favorite character in the Star Wars Trilogy always was Darth Vader, and my favorite line in The Evil Dead Trilogy is when Ash first mounts a chainsaw where his hand was seveverd, looks up, raises and eyebrow and says "Groovy!" At that point we were too drunk to remember which trilogy we were watching, and the name Darth Groovy stuck.

Assorted freinds and realatives have been calling me that for years. Once I can afford too, I may legally change my name to Darth Groovy. :)
 yaebginn
08-20-2004, 8:04 PM
wow, just wow. in fact that deserves another wow. WOW. That is just... amazing. I suggest you dont change your name to it. whos gonna hire someone with the name darth Groovy? I mean, I would, but not everyone is as odd as me.
 Redwing
08-20-2004, 8:40 PM
Hence once he can afford to. :D

As for my name, it comes from story characters. I've been making them up since I was 12 or so, and the first character I made up had the nickname "Redwing". In the story for this character that I developed later, I made the character a pilot.

So, when my brother bought the game Rogue Squadron and I played it, I decided to use the name "Redwing" for my profile. When I happened upon the Rogue Squadron forums, I registered under that nickname, and of course kept it when the RS forums were merged into Lucasforums. ^_^
 yaebginn
08-20-2004, 8:45 PM
oh, I thought he meant like, afford to pay the fee for getting it changed, and I was tihnking, 'I ddint know it cost a whole lot' and IMO, you shouldnt change it, but thats your thing. I have to admit, though, its an interesting name.
 Thrik
08-20-2004, 9:52 PM
My name has a long and colourful history behind it. It took a great deal of time and thought to decide upon it back in the year 2001, involving much research and such to find the most appropriate word to portray my character and personality as an individual..

I took the word "Freak" and changed the spelling.
 Mike Windu
08-20-2004, 10:48 PM
Mike + Windu = Mike Windu

I sometimes go by Michaelangelo, or Mickey... but those are really long to add a "Windu" surname to eh?

Chase and others stole my name
 Darth Groovy
08-21-2004, 1:40 AM
Originally posted by Redwing
Hence once he can afford to. :D

Hey man, name changes are very costly. My Ex GF is going through the process of changing her name, and it's costing her alot.

Seriously though, out of respect to my family, I wouldn't change my name, though I always tease my parents that I will. The other name I tease them with is that I will legally change my name to my old band stage name which was "Taro". :D
 yaebginn
08-21-2004, 11:30 AM
Yeah, just imagine your funeral if you did.

We are here to celebrate the life of Darth Groovy, and mourn his death.

Oh man, thatd be hilarious.
 Doomie
08-21-2004, 12:21 PM
I'd call my kids Darth Groovy. The girls first.
 Pad
08-21-2004, 2:03 PM
* shrugs * :rolleyes:
 JediJohn
08-27-2004, 3:09 PM
i made up my sw name finally tell me if you think it's good it is *calls for drumroll* Stiwik thriks (pronounced stee-wick thrix)

p.s. sorry for bringing this thread back to the top but i had to share my new name with you all
 Doomie
08-27-2004, 5:27 PM
Wrong thread, that goes in the 'make up your star wars name' thread, this thread is about how you made up your screenname here on LF...
 Thrik
08-31-2004, 10:23 PM
Originally posted by jedijohn
Stiwik thriks
... dude.
 JediJohn
09-01-2004, 2:00 AM
sorry didnt mean to. how about Stiwik Thrax
 CyberDragon
09-01-2004, 2:07 AM
I like Dragons and i use my computer a lot. :)
I saw everyone else with a nickname so i thought that i needed one as well so i thought for a few seconds and then i thought of Cyber Dragon. I have used it ever since.
Page: 1 of 1