Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

texture error: has light but no lightmap stage

Page: 1 of 1
 [ASJN] Balboa
07-31-2004, 12:49 PM
hey i've been trying to get custom textures to work ingame. now i put them in the base/textures/my map folder, and have them as an appropriate size and file (tga) and it works in radiant, but when i put it in the pk3, it still doesn't show. it gives me a texture/mymap/texture has light, but no light map stage! error. what am i missing? i have it in a pk3 so its not like its not finding the texture, its just missing this lightmap stage thing. what must i do? thanks in advance
 lauser
07-31-2004, 5:14 PM
Check your shader file. You are missing a lightmap stage from your shader, or another custom shader.
 [ASJN] Balboa
07-31-2004, 6:14 PM
thanks that solved that, but now it wont find the texture :\ okay its saying theres a missing texture. cannot find texture/rtc/sun even though i have it in my base/textures/rtc folder and it works in radiant

textures/rtc/sun
{
qer_editorimage textures/rtc/sun.tga
surfaceparm nodamage
surfaceparm nolightmap
surfaceparm nomarks
surfaceparm nonsolid
cull disable
q3map_surfacelight 70
{
map $lightmap
}

{
map textures/rtc/sun
blendfunc add
rgbGen identity
tcMod rotate 90
}
}

thats my .shader file text. and its all put in the pk3 and set. i heard .shader files go into the scripts section not shader section if that'd cause it. should i put the texture for sun in the shader folder of the pk3? is that whats goofing me up?
Page: 1 of 1