Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Recruitable RedHawke Released!

Page: 3 of 4
 knopik
07-04-2006, 11:34 PM
Hi there, sorry to bring this thread up again, but I have installed your mod, and I like the beggining, however when I put her in my party, and click on her, kotor gives me an error. And I have to tab out. Is there a fix to thie? :headbump
 RedHawke
07-05-2006, 12:29 AM
^^^^
Make sure you have all the mods files installed, the error could be a missing dialog file or something, but I have never had it crash. :eek:

Do you have any other mods installed?
 knopik
07-05-2006, 1:04 AM
why yes I do, I have "Revan's items" mod, the one with modded robes, lightsaber and double lightsaber, Project Yavin4th, exar kun's ruins....and maybe some other mods....like jedi armor...hmm I'm still stumped though, I found out that redhawke doesn't even have a model.....it's just a name, and then it crasheds, I'll double check the files
EDIT: and what is the folder in the zip? "Use with RTWSF pack"?? am I supposed to extract the files from there to "override"?
 knopik
07-05-2006, 1:18 AM
oh god I fixed it....the mod is.......orgasmic lol, I love it, thanks :) and to all those peeps who say she's overpowered, sometimes it's nice to use all those force powers....think about that for a while eh...I love you redhawke :))) thanks for a great mod
 RedHawke
07-05-2006, 1:57 AM
^^^^
You're welcome! Glad you got it sorted... enjoy! :D
 Lit Ridl
07-08-2006, 3:36 AM
I've just downloaded it and tried.
It is really awesome!!!
I think it is one of the best mods for KI!!!
It is really perfect mod!!!
We all thank You Red Hawke!!!
May you make more mods???
All of Your mods are perfect!!!
More Your mods -<=>- more good time!!!
 RC-1162
07-09-2006, 12:22 PM
I downloaded it a while back and it's great. the only thing is that she has almost all of the force powers, even those allotted above her level, so i can't add any more powers without reaching the allotted levels for the ones she doesnt have. doesnt cause problems in game, though. and i have no complaints about that.
another thing is that she says only one thing over again everytime i talk to her. is there a variation in her dialogue once i find out that i'm revan?
overall, it's very cool. great work, RH!
maybe you can check out my lightsaber now? :D
 RedHawke
07-10-2006, 1:40 AM
I downloaded it a while back and it's great. the only thing is that she has almost all of the force powers, even those allotted above her level, so i can't add any more powers without reaching the allotted levels for the ones she doesnt have. doesnt cause problems in game, though. and i have no complaints about that.
Well, in all actuality the hard-coded level cap stopped me, as the 2 game systems don't really convert well, and to convert her to D20 from D6, well that would end up at like level 120 or some other rediculously high number. She has powers that the game likely couldn't handle. ;)

So I had to compromise... but I did this one merely for fun, and to learn.

another thing is that she says only one thing over again everytime i talk to her. is there a variation in her dialogue once i find out that i'm revan?
Remeber this tidbit, this was made before we had a dialog editor, all the dialog files I made with a GFF Editor. So they aren't as fancy as I would have liked, as the ones in this mod took me literally weeks to make, cutting and pasting nodes and making sure the links worked. :headbump

So I gave her some limited things to talk about, and yes she should have something to say after you find out about being Revan...

About a month or so after I made this mod Fred asked me to test out KT's Dialog Editor for him, I did all the dialogs in Jawa Shop Mod in one night with that, all of the the dialogs for ORD Mandell took only a few days. What a difference a specific tool makes. Just an FYI. ;)

overall, it's very cool. great work, RH!
Thanks. :D
 Raven Skywalker
06-16-2007, 8:54 AM
Where on Manaan IS she??
 Arбtoeldar
06-17-2007, 12:57 AM
Where on Manaan IS she??

You have to pay the one hundred credit fee. IIRC she is behind the first door/area after the fee station.
 Raven Skywalker
06-17-2007, 1:50 AM
Then mine hasn't downloaded properly. I can get her items on KSE though, so it must be? Troubleshooting time.

IIRC?
 Arбtoeldar
06-17-2007, 2:13 AM
Then mine hasn't downloaded properly. I can get her items on KSE though, so it must be? Troubleshooting time.

IIRC?

IIRC = If I Recall Correctly

After you have paid the Selkath Official 100 credits (She won't appear otherwise). She will be on your right hand side after the little hallway opens up into the courtyard area on the West Central map.

Edit: You have to have the mod installed before you pay the one hundred credits otherwise her spawn script won't fire.
 Raven Skywalker
06-17-2007, 3:51 AM
I installed all this before I started a new game, and I've paid the Selkath, and I'm near the end of Sunry's trial, and I STILL haven't found her. She's nowhere to be found.
 RedHawke
06-17-2007, 12:17 PM
Well unfortunately there isn't much I can tell you other than you have to be missing a vital mod file for her not to have shown up after you pay the 100 Credit entry fee.
 Raven Skywalker
06-18-2007, 3:20 AM
But I swear I installed it all... Oh well. I'll finish my current game, re-download the mod and start a new game. Does it matter if it's from here or from your site, Ms. RedHawke?

Or is it only downloadable from there anyway?
 Arбtoeldar
06-18-2007, 12:51 PM
But I swear I installed it all... Oh well. I'll finish my current game, re-download the mod and start a new game. Does it matter if it's from here or from your site, Ms. RedHawke?

Or is it only downloadable from there anyway?

Actually it is Mr. RedHawke.

Go ahead and download the file again. It is available only from his site since PCGM is down.

It could just be a wierd clich. The last time I played KotOR. I used several of his mods (R RH included). However I could not get the Elder Rodian Merchant mod to work (He didn't show up) . I know I did everything right. :confused:
 Raven Skywalker
06-19-2007, 4:22 AM
Actually it is Mr. RedHawke.

Go ahead and download the file again. It is available only from his site since PCGM is down.

It could just be a wierd clich. The last time I played KotOR. I used several of his mods (R RH included). However I could not get the Elder Rodian Merchant mod to work (He didn't show up) . I know I did everything right. :confused:

Oh, ****. Sorry. :toilet1: I'll just go and dunk my own head in the toilet...

Thanks for the tip. The Jawa shop doesn't work either, but I'm not too worried about that one. I'm sick of fighting Gamorreans.
 Arбtoeldar
06-19-2007, 12:26 PM
Oh, ****. Sorry. :toilet1: I'll just go and dunk my own head in the toilet...

Thanks for the tip. The Jawa shop doesn't work either, but I'm not too worried about that one. I'm sick of fighting Gamorreans.

It has to be mod conflict. For other reasons, I formated my HHD and reinstalled XP. I just ran the Elder Merchant Mod by itself. The mod ran fine. Now I have to figure out which mod it is conflicting with.
 Raven Skywalker
06-20-2007, 1:08 AM
Dammit, why do I always assume people are something instead of just asking...?
 Wedge Suron
08-22-2007, 2:48 PM
First off Sorry if i got one of the names wrong.

I'm having a little trouble.

Where do i recruit her?

Thanks
 Alexander the Great
08-22-2007, 7:21 PM
Manaan, after you go through the reception place thing. You HAVE to pay the 100 credits, or else it won't work. Also, you can't have visited Manaan yet, or at least that module in Manaan.
 Wedge Suron
08-23-2007, 3:07 AM
I'm there but no sign of her
 Taak Farst
10-27-2007, 7:32 PM
Hey I downloaded your Recruit RedHawke, the two imporiums mod and ORD Mandell. Only Ord mandell worked coz on tatooine nothing came up and I just cant find RedHawke, well, you. What did I do wrong
 RedHawke
10-28-2007, 2:45 AM
Hey I downloaded your Recruit RedHawke, the two imporiums mod and ORD Mandell. Only Ord mandell worked coz on tatooine nothing came up and I just cant find RedHawke, well, you. What did I do wrong
I'll need specifics on what exactly you did to install (step-by-step)?

Also did you read the readme files before installing each mod?
 sunova
04-02-2008, 12:18 PM
where do i find red hawk i searched every where on manaan and i paid the 100 credits and started a new game
 xxMalic3xx
06-14-2008, 8:29 PM
Well, I've played KoTOR for sometime, actually since it came out and I've won it countless times but, I rather recently began using mods for it.

One of the ones that interested me was RedHawke's recruitable RedHawke. Well, I've now got RedHawke, but I've got a slight problem, she doesn't appear to have a head.

Sadly this rather spoils the whole deal, so if anyone has a good solution I'd be very happy to hear it.
 JediMaster76
06-14-2008, 8:33 PM
I'm assuming you have no other mods installed, right?

Because if you do, it could be a problem with either the heads.2da file or appearance.2da file. Modders frequently used them to make custom heads/characters/etc. But if you override a mod's 2da file, it causes problems, like no heads and missing item descriptions (believe me, I learned it the hard way :P). That's the only explanation off the top of my head, again, if you don't have any other mods installed, I'd probably just reinstall the mod...
 Darth Xander
06-15-2008, 7:27 AM
Maybe you should Ask Redhawke himself.
 xxMalic3xx
06-15-2008, 8:32 AM
I'm assuming you have no other mods installed, right?

Because if you do, it could be a problem with either the heads.2da file or appearance.2da file. Modders frequently used them to make custom heads/characters/etc. But if you override a mod's 2da file, it causes problems, like no heads and missing item descriptions (believe me, I learned it the hard way :P). That's the only explanation off the top of my head, again, if you don't have any other mods installed, I'd probably just reinstall the mod...

Well, I have loads of other installed, I have about 710 files in my override folder, but it seems that many others aren't working properly either. Maybe I should try re-installing them?

Edit: Xander, I was trying to reach him, however I have no idea what so ever on how to do that.
 JediMaster76
06-15-2008, 4:33 PM
Again, I can relate, I had a ton of mods on my other computer (RIP old computer) and before it crashed, tons of my mods were conflicting, items were missing descriptions and some turned up as the "null" item, some sidequests wouldn't work/activate, and one or two characters were missing heads...

And it most likely related to either the .tlk or .2da files. Which is probably true in your case. You could always PM Redhawke if you had questions, I suppose.
 xxMalic3xx
06-15-2008, 5:33 PM
OK, that's actually very helpful, I'll PM him, thanks for that :)
 RedHawke
06-17-2008, 2:51 AM
Well, I've played KoTOR for sometime, actually since it came out and I've won it countless times but, I rather recently began using mods for it.

One of the ones that interested me was RedHawke's recruitable RedHawke. Well, I've now got RedHawke, but I've got a slight problem, she doesn't appear to have a head.

Sadly this rather spoils the whole deal, so if anyone has a good solution I'd be very happy to hear it.
This is because you have not installed all my mods files or another mods files have overwritten mine, sorry but you can't just install mods one on top of the other and let files overwrite (Unless the mods readme files indicate so). If you overwrite other mod files you are risking malfunctions and game crashes if you do so.

Since this mod doesn't use the Patcher, you will have to merge things manually with it in order to use it, or you will have to pick and choose between the other mods you use to ones that don't use conflicting files.

The best way to install mods is to install all the non-patcher mods first then the patcher mods, but you do have to be aware that even with the patcher some mods will never be able to work together.
 xxMalic3xx
06-17-2008, 6:34 AM
Yeah, I realize that and so I have pretty much deleted all my installed mods and am almost only using yours at the moment. They are all compatible with each other, right?
 RedHawke
06-18-2008, 2:22 AM
Yeah, I realize that and so I have pretty much deleted all my installed mods and am almost only using yours at the moment. They are all compatible with each other, right?
Such information is usually listed in my mods readme files.

You can also use others mods, you just have to take care about what files these mods use and watch for files that overwrite/have the same names.
 xxMalic3xx
06-18-2008, 1:01 PM
I think I've only overwrote files you have made that have been in two file packs.

I've yet to try whether or not this works in a new game, in my current play-through RedHawke or 'You' are stuck in the Darth Revan Robes... So I'll have to get there again ^^.
But thanks for everything you've made so far, it rocks :)
 ThatEvilDude
06-18-2008, 6:36 PM
ok ur mod looks great and i downloaded it
but
1. Where in heck do i get her?
2. I am positive thats not in the readme =)
3. Does it need an install? I can't find an install part inside...
 xxMalic3xx
06-19-2008, 6:37 PM
ok ur mod looks great and i downloaded it
but
1. Where in heck do i get her?
2. I am positive thats not in the readme =)
3. Does it need an install? I can't find an install part inside...

Ok, firstly she should be found on Manaan, NOTE: You have to pay 100 credits to get her as you have to pass the door from the dock, she should be the first thing you see.

And lastly, no it does not require an install, just copy the files into you 'Override' folder and "voila"! You should have her. Although you'll have to start a new game if you've already been on that area.

Cheers and enjoy RedHawke,

~ |xx.Malic3.xx| :cheers:
 ThatEvilDude
06-20-2008, 1:05 AM
that probally explains why I can't find her even though I heard she was on mannan
my question is this can u replace hk if u haven't got him yet?
and does it follow the dialog of that char?
 xxMalic3xx
06-20-2008, 7:02 AM
No, you can't replace someone you don't already have, and no, she has her own dialog.
 ThatEvilDude
06-28-2008, 1:33 AM
ok thank you, no more questions

LOL
 ThatEvilDude
12-05-2008, 4:21 PM
trying 2 decide weather or not its worth it if u lose her anyway... but if its someone useful...
idk guys should i download?
 DarthValuk
12-13-2008, 1:12 PM
I was wondering where you pick up Redhawk, looked in the readme and it wasn't listed so I thought it would have been Korriban, but i couldn't find her anywhere, could someone tell me?
 Marius Fett
12-13-2008, 1:24 PM
You pick her up on Manaan if I remember rightly.

Oh, and for future reference, questions like this should be posted in the mods thread in the Taris Upper City Emporium (http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=132724&highlight=recruit), or (if it doesn't have a thread) sent directly to the author via PM.

Enjoy the mod! :)
 RedHawke
12-16-2008, 1:09 AM
You pick her up on Manaan if I remember rightly.
You would be correct. (The specifics of how you recruit her are at the bottom of the last page and the top of this page.)

Merging this thread with my mods release thread. *Goes off to find the buttons.*
 Meatbag77
01-15-2009, 12:44 AM
Fantastic mod Redhawke!!! Her items are awesome.:D

I go directly from Dantooine to Manaan and recruit Redhawke, then off to ORD Mandell for a heck of a fight. With Talchia's Hardcore mod and the ingame difficulty set to max, the battles in the game are outstanding. One of the party usually gets KO'd.:D

Thank you so much, Redhawke, for another great mod!:D

Two questions if I may.

When I fought Jax and his group in the ORD apartments, Redhawke said something like, 'Now this is what I've been waiting for.' When she said it, for some reason, the game used Canderous' voice (since that's who I replaced). Strange, no? Lol.

Redhawke has stopped me to chat three times now, like the other characters do, and each time she does, the chat is exactly the same. I can't remember if your readme mentioned a fully developed story or not.

Thank you for this outstanding mod to add to your others, and thank you for time in answering another of my many questions.:D:xp::D
 RedHawke
01-15-2009, 1:46 AM
When I fought Jax and his group in the ORD apartments, Redhawke said something like, 'Now this is what I've been waiting for.' When she said it, for some reason, the game used Canderous' voice (since that's who I replaced). Strange, no? Lol.
That's because of how the game works, she will chime in (in the other NPC's voice no less) when dialogs call for the NPC's to interject in a dialog in the game, this happens with most all recruited characters to some degree and is a by product of how the game functions.

Redhawke has stopped me to chat three times now, like the other characters do, and each time she does, the chat is exactly the same. I can't remember if your readme mentioned a fully developed story or not.
Hmm... This might be area triggers prompting you to talk to Canderous to advance his story, I had a limited dialog for Red because of the fact when I made this there was no dialog editor so all of her limited dialogs had to be done with a GFF editor, and that took some fanangling to do.

As such when you get those prompts you will get the repeated short dialog.
 Mav
01-15-2009, 1:50 AM
I had a limited dialog for Red because of the fact when I made this there was no dialog editor so all of her limited dialogs had to be done with a GFF editor, and that took some fanangling to do.

xD... Classic :lol:
 Meatbag77
01-15-2009, 2:40 AM
Lol. Thanks for the quick reply. It's amazing what you've done with the tools you had back in the day.:D I'm enjoying every minute of it.
 xViiViD
02-20-2009, 11:07 PM
two things haha redhawke does it ever get annoing repeating the same answers to the same questions over and over?

and does anyone know if this is compatible with shem's re skin pack and inyri's male head pack...?
 RedHawke
02-22-2009, 7:58 AM
two things haha redhawke does it ever get annoing repeating the same answers to the same questions over and over?

and does anyone know if this is compatible with shem's re skin pack and inyri's male head pack...?
Answer to question 1, I mostly ignore the repeated questions and instruct people to read the mods readme files and release threads more. ;)

Answer to question 2, those mods didn't exist at the time I made this so I have no idea, likely yes if they use the TSL Patcher, no if they do not and you don't want to or can't merge the 2da files yourself.
Page: 3 of 4