Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Holowan Laboratories - News @ RPGDot

Page: 2 of 5
 shosey
08-31-2004, 8:40 AM
cool, thanks for the plug CDRSeadog. I am grateful :)
 RedHawke
08-31-2004, 7:54 PM
I know you said that you enjoy spreading the KOTOR modding word, and no thanks are necissary, but once again I am going to have to say...

Thanks for the cool coverage CDRSeadog! :D
 CDRSeadog
09-01-2004, 3:03 AM
Indeed - you are all very welcomed...Darth333...Shosey...and RedHawke:-)

BTW Darth333 - have you finished re-working your website as of yet?
 Darth333
09-01-2004, 11:18 AM
No, not yet. Crazy schedule... :headbump :nutz3: Maybe this weekend... :rolleyes: I'll let you know :)
 CDRSeadog
09-01-2004, 12:02 PM
NP, lady Darth333 - just checking...after all, I did make a promise:-)
 CDRSeadog
09-04-2004, 6:50 AM
I did another Holowan Laboratories news feature today - you can catch it either at my main reporting website at RPGDot...

http://www.rpgdot.com/index.php)

or at our RPGDot network KotOR website:

http://kotor.rpgdot.com/index.php)

Anyway - todays newsbit featured the following Holowan modders:

(1) I finally remembered to give credit to Immortality for the four PC Customization Packs - and for KISS - and a plug for the Forgotten Wars KotOR site.

(2) Featured modder RedHawke for his excellent Weebul & Utiinii's Shop Mod...and for his website.

(3) Tk102 for the latest ugrade to his marvelous KotOR SaveGame Editor.

(4) KingGamer for his first mod..."My First Lightsaber Mod".

(5) SouthernCros for the "Mission2yathuraban Mod".

(6) and to Numark79 for the "Selectable Aayla Secura skins at startup" upgrade.

May the Force be with you all:-)
 Darth333
09-04-2004, 6:51 PM
On behalf of all the modders here: thanks again :)
I always like to read your news and I am sure everyone else does! (and no, that website is not ready : I've been working on some spanish and french tutorials...)

Off topic: concerning your thief review, you should add "as long as he doesn't fall to the water" :p:rolleyes: after
He can glide through any dungeon and jump off any cliff ...got thrown into prison :mad:
 RedHawke
09-04-2004, 8:35 PM
Once again... thanks CDRSeadog! :D
 CDRSeadog
09-05-2004, 4:35 AM
I'll keep that in mind, lady Darth3332 - and thank you...and RedHawke as well...always a pleasure.

BTW - I won't be reporting this upcoming Tuesday the 7th - so my next reporting stint won't be until Thursday the 9th...I'm quite sure the Holowan modders will have new releases enough to make another newsbit by then *chuckles*
 CDRSeadog
09-09-2004, 6:48 AM
As predicted - I did another Holowan Laboratories report which you can all read at either our Main website, or at our Kotor website as listed below:

Main RPGDot website: http://www.rpgdot.com/index.php)

RPGDot KotOR website: http://kotor.rpgdot.com/index.php)

Todays featured modders were:

(1) RedHawke
(2) Suchan271
(3) Montross
(4) Nodakrattler
(5) KnightFxr
(6) Colja
(7) JediKenobi
(8) SithMaster2000
(9) Maverick187
(10) Strider74205
(11) The lady Darth333
(12) The Team of Darth333/DarthKhasei/GameUnlimited/tk102/Andargor/Beancounter & KnightFxr for their AIOFPM Version 3.0.1.
 T7nowhere
09-09-2004, 7:18 AM
Thanks for your continued support CDRSeadog.

I'll try and get another mod finnished before your next report. ;)
 Darth333
09-09-2004, 7:31 AM
Thanks!
Expect a another version of the AIOFPM for your next report :D and if I get enough time, perhaps a few goodies too.
 KnightFxr
09-09-2004, 8:28 AM
Thanks for the plugs! We all work really hard on these mods, and appreciate any support we can get! :D
 CDRSeadog
09-09-2004, 8:59 AM
You are all very welcomed...T7nowhere...Darth333...and KnightFxr...always a pleasure.

Whilst I try to hit up the Holowan at least once a day...my actual reporting for RPGDot is done every Tuesday/Thursday/Saturday morning - unless either the weather kills my broadband connection on those days - or in the rare event I have something scheduled on a day of reporting that I cannot change, or if I am on vacation *chuckles*

Of course - I've still got to find some time someday to do my planned articles/interviews on PC Game Modding:-)

And who knows when I may find the time to again tinker around with modding myself...
 Nodakrattler
09-09-2004, 5:00 PM
What! I made the list of people reported about. This is just too cool man. Thanks a lot man. I didn't think my little reskin would earn me that.
 RedHawke
09-09-2004, 8:11 PM
Thanks once again CDRSeadog! :D

Hmm... What mayhem to create next... I got it :bluidea:... a Rancor NPC in boxer shorts :anvil:... Nah :¬:... it would never work! :D
 Mav
09-09-2004, 11:30 PM
^^^^
RedHawke,

You make that and I'll put it in my module... lol

@CDRSeadog

Be on the look out for an updated version of my module ;) in the next few weeks.
 CDRSeadog
09-10-2004, 5:49 AM
I'll keep my eyes opened for it, Maverick187:-)

Indeed, nodakrattler - whether you create a little mod - or a big mod - no matter...the way I see it you are still donating your time, effort. dedication, and creativity to further the gaming pleasure for others - and, as such, are more than deserving of whatever recognition my humble pen can give.

LOL@RedHawke...(but - I wouldn't be surprised if you did create a mod like that)...and you are also very welcomed - indeed, it is always a pleasure to tell others of your works:-)
 CDRSeadog
09-11-2004, 8:33 AM
I did another newsbit re the Holowan Laboratories today...the following modders were featured:

(1) Svosh (and his website) for his Hv88 New Blaster Model (with Darth333) and for his Juhani's Sanctuary Threads mod (with T7nowhere).

(2) Xavier2 for the Jango Fett Armor mod.

(3) RedHawke (and his website) for his Juhani Siberian Cathar mod (great work, BTW).

(4) Colja for his Sin's Hunting Armor mod.

(5) And Amezaroth for the Canderous Reskin mod.

BTW Darth333 - two things. First of all - I don't know if you know this - but I contribute to our Adventuredot and our MMORPGdot websites as well (see the links below)...secondly - just curious about your website's status:-)

Our KotOR website: http://kotor.rpgdot.com/index.php)

Our Main RPGDot website: http://www.rpgdot.com/index.php)

Our Adventuredot website:

http://adventure.rpgdot.com/index.php)

Our MMORPG website: http://www.mmorpgdot.com/index.php)
 svцsh
09-11-2004, 6:47 PM
Thank you very much for the compliment and the plug CDRSeadog. :) Keep up the great reporting, I always checkout your news bits.

svцsh
 RedHawke
09-11-2004, 10:41 PM
Thanks again CDRSeadog! :D

I have 2 more on the way too! :D
 CDRSeadog
09-12-2004, 4:54 AM
You are always welcomed, gentlemen...Svosh...and RedHawke.

And I have been following your work, RedHawke - you are, shall we say, very unique and rather quite prolific when it comes to modding *chuckles*

From the looks of what has been going on since yesterday's report - I seem confident theere will be another Holowan Laboratories newsbit on this upcoming Tuesday morn (Just so you all know - it generally is best to wait for a large newsbit, and generally not worthwhile to report when there are only a couple of new mods out...my goal is at least 4-5 new/upgraded mods to make the reporting day:-)
 CDRSeadog
09-14-2004, 6:59 AM
Another good day for reporting on the Holowan Laboratories today...the following modders being featured in today's report:

(1) Achilles & his website (check out my PM to you though) & the last 9 of his mods.

(2) RedHawke & his website.

(3) Darth333.

(4) tk102.

(5) Xavier2.

(6) Nodakrattler (with collaborators AlBundy & Montross).
 Achilles
09-14-2004, 7:12 AM
Wow...I didn't realize that I'd been that busy :D

Thanks!!!
 RedHawke
09-14-2004, 9:49 PM
Thanks once again CDRSeadog! :D

EDIT: ^^^^ You indeed have been busy Achillies... there were some moments I actually was wondering if you actually slept at all. :eyeraise:

:D
 CDRSeadog
09-15-2004, 4:59 AM
You are very welcomed Achilles...and RedHawke...it is always a pleasure, gentlemen:-)
 CDRSeadog
09-18-2004, 9:12 AM
Back again with another Holowan Laboratoriess newsbit today - I was unable to gert my internet connection to work all day Thursday - so there was no report. Todays writeup featured:

(1) RedHawke

(2) tk102

(3) Achilles & Sith_Master2000

(4) Montross

(5) Wampire

(6) Silvergt
 CDRSeadog
09-23-2004, 7:37 AM
Yet another Holowan Laboratories reporting day (I didn't do a report on Tuesday - as there were not enough new mods and such available to make a report worthwhile)...

First off - I did a spot on new KotOR modder "abcdow" - with repost of the mod announcement here at the Holowan - to include the acknowledgements given to various Holowan modders.

Then I did newsbits on the following Holowan modders:

(1) Achilles (with his Thanks to Numark79 & Prime)

(2) tk102

(3) sith_master2000

(4) Silvergt

(5) And a special newsbit for bneezy

BTW - some of you might get a kick on my RPGDot newsbit entitled "The Ten Top Unannounced Star Wars Games".

Links for today's reporting:

RPGDot: http://www.rpgdot.com/index.php)

Our KotOR site: http://kotor.rpgdot.com/index.php)

And I did some reporting over at our AdventureDot site:

http://adventure.rpgdot.com/index.php)
 Achilles
09-23-2004, 9:29 AM
Thanks for the mention :)
 CDRSeadog
09-25-2004, 6:30 AM
Never a Problem, Achilles:-)

And now for today's RPGDot report on the Holowan...first of all - I'll frankly admit I couldn't resist reporting rather in-depth (with some editorial corrections) on Svosh's "Carth Underwear Skin" *chuckles* and it's dedication therein.

Then I did some newsbits on the following modders (In no certain order):

(1) Fred Tetra

(2) RedHawke

(3) T7nowhere

(4) Bneezy

I also made mention of several Holowan threads - most notably, the "Mod Request" thread, and the various "WIP" threads.
 RedHawke
09-25-2004, 7:59 PM
Thanks yet again CDRSeadog! :D
 svцsh
09-25-2004, 8:43 PM
Thanks for the plug CDRSeadog ;)

svцsh
 CDRSeadog
09-26-2004, 3:56 AM
You are both welcomed...RedHawke (nice new icon, BTW)...and Svosh...always a pleasure, gentlemen:-)
 CDRSeadog
09-28-2004, 6:52 AM
Ahh yes...another good Holowan Laboratories report filed over at RPGDot and our KotOR website.

First of all - I took the opportunity to tease Fred Tetra on his modeling abilities - then I did my "on spot" report for his "Fred Tetra's Wristwatch", and his KotOR Tool website.

Next, the following modders were featured (with their respective mods, of course):

(1) Achilles (I didn't post a link to your website due to your running out of bandwidth, OK?)

(2) Shem

(3) Jedi_5002 (for his familiar mod *chuckles*)

(4) Drog

(5) PrtyLizardJedi

(6) Messkell (BTW - my readers will want to know - what ever became of the "Bastilla's New Lingerie Uncensored" version???)
 Achilles
09-28-2004, 7:11 AM
Thanks for being considerate with my bandwidth (1.5 gb burned up in 7 days...sheesh :( ). I appreciate the plug as well :D
 CDRSeadog
09-28-2004, 8:50 AM
Never a problem, Achilles...and you are very welcomed:-)
 CDRSeadog
10-02-2004, 8:22 AM
I did another Holowan Laboratories report today (wasn't really anything to report on last Thursday)...

First off - I did finally get the link opened to the "Mod of The Week" - so I ended my report with that newsbit and a word of congratulations to RedHawke.

Then I featured the following mods/modders:

(1) Drog

(2) RedHawke (featured story)

(3) Bneezy

(4) Shem

(5) T7nowheere

(6) Achilles

Lastly - I did a small newsbit re Fred Tetra's upgraded KotOR Tool.
 bneezy
10-02-2004, 8:44 AM
That is SO COOL! Thanks for doing this. I can finally "Google" myself. Not like that nasty, its a search engine.
 RedHawke
10-02-2004, 7:41 PM
And thanks once again CDRSeadog! :D

I also apparently missed the compliment you made on my new Avatar, thanks again! :)
 CDRSeadog
10-05-2004, 7:03 AM
Indeed, you are both quite welcomed, gentlemen...RedHawke...and Bneezy:-)

It is always a pleasure.
 CDRSeadog
10-05-2004, 7:32 AM
And now - on with today's Holowan Report over at RPGDot & our KotOR affiliate website:-)

Today's featured modders/mods are as follows:

(1) PrtyLizardJedi (with his two latest "Dark Side" mods)

(2) TK102

(3) Shem

(4) Darkender & the lovely Darth 333 both for the Holowan Recruitment Manager

(5) T7nowhere

(6) Drog
 Darth333
10-05-2004, 7:42 AM
Thanks again for the review CDRseadog :) but I have a correction to make concerning the recuit manager mod: I did not participate in this mod and do not endorse it. On the contrary, this is the comment I posted at PCgamemods.com : http://www.pcgamemods.com/7759/c/)

The armband I refer to in my comment is my Party manager and spawning armband.
 tk102
10-05-2004, 9:05 AM
CDRSeadog, thank you again for publicity for both FindRefs and DLGEditor. Your vigilance is appreciated.
 Xavier2
10-05-2004, 12:29 PM
Originally posted by CDRSeadog
Another good day for reporting on the Holowan Laboratories today...the following modders being featured in today's report:

(1) Achilles & his website (check out my PM to you though) & the last 9 of his mods.

(2) RedHawke & his website.

(3) Darth333.

(4) tk102.

(5) Xavier2.

(6) Nodakrattler (with collaborators AlBundy & Montross).
Oh, my!! Thanks!!! I never saw that coming. I feel ashame i only noticed this mention today. Thanks again:D

Xavier2
 CDRSeadog
10-06-2004, 10:38 AM
Indeed, lady Darth333...I was aware there was a bit of controversy regarding the whole affair...I chose the safe route by (1) giving a short blurb on the mod, and (2) by giving a much larger overview of the mod's origin in conjunction with that particular report - with credit put where it was due. I can well understand your concerns re this subject - I oft get a chuckle over all the new & original "feats and force powers" mods now being put up...perhaps credit to the original mod author is not necesssarily given - but I can understand the nature of youth and it's impetious drive in being creative for creative's sake:-)

That being said - NP, Xavier2. I post this thread only to let you all know when, where, and what I am saying to my readers about the Holowan, and it's gifted group of modders - it is kind of my way of showing appreciation to people I well understand, as well as my own way of saying a hearty "thank-You" for your tireless efforts in providing greater enhancement to others in their KotOR gaming experience.

And as far as you, my friend tk102 - you are always welcomed:-)
 CDRSeadog
10-09-2004, 8:13 AM
Another good day for Holowan Laboratories news at RPGDot and our KotOR sistersite.

Today I did add a few new aspects to my report (1) I made mention of the two newest WIP threads by CaptainSkye and Xavier2 as a part of my report, and (2) I reiterated what (in my own, humble opinion) is the "King of Compilation Mods" - T7nowhere's Holowan Plug-In mod.

Additionally - the following modders were featured in today's report:

(1) PrtyLizardJedi

(2) Chainz

(3) RedHawke

(4) Tk102

(5) Shem

(6) Grif Vindh

NOTE #1: BTW Messkell - as of today, I've received some 19 seperate e-mails from readers wondering whatever became of the "Bastila's New Lingerie (Uncensored Version) Mod"??? *chuckles*

NOTE #2: Ummm - I seem to have noticed that RedHawke has been the ONLY "Mod Of The Week" Winner thus far - is that award still ongoing??
 CDRSeadog
10-14-2004, 6:10 AM
Yet another Holowan Laboratories report today - I did a special plug on the Mod of The Week website again - with special congrats to Sepithro...

Additionally, the following modders were featured today:

(1) Tk102

(2) RedHawke (and website)

(3) Shem

(4) Locutus (and website)

(5) ChAiNz

(6) Illuzion69
 ChAiNz.2da
10-14-2004, 7:24 AM
Wow, my name in print!! well..err not my real name...and well not in print per se...but we get the point.

Thanks so much for the mention! It comes as quite a pleasant surprise :)
 CDRSeadog
10-21-2004, 4:29 AM
My apologies for the belated reply - things around here have been rather busy of late...

nevertheless, you are very welcomed, ChAiNz - it is always a pleassure to recognize those who strive to enable fellow gamers to get increased pleasure from gaming:-)
 CDRSeadog
10-21-2004, 7:07 AM
Today was another Holowan Laboratories reporting day - first of all, my congratulations to Grif Vindh for winning the "Mod of the Week" (I did a brief newsbit on that today)...

Then, the following modders/mods were featured in today's report:

(1) RedHawke

(2) Shem

(3) ChAiNz

(4) Cchargtin

(5) Messkell

(6) Ranger Six & Prime

(7) Darth_ToMeR
Page: 2 of 5