Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Can someone make me a custom game menu?

Page: 1 of 1
 Blaster
07-21-2004, 7:47 AM
Hi,

I really want to create a custom ingame menu (The one with start a new game and options menu). I really want the colors changing (red & black theme), logos and other stuff just to give it a new look. Also if possible have the centre movie part of the menu have pictures that fade to other ones if possible.

The menu will be needed for my mod 'Revenge of the Sith', which will be out soon (August). Any help would be great and full credit will be given to who created it in the end credits at the end of the mod.

If anyone is interest please send me an email to:

steven.brown84@btopenworld.com

-Blaster
 Ockniel
07-21-2004, 8:53 AM
hey, I could cange logos background ect. but I don't know how to change the movie..

I'll help if you want me too :)
 Blaster
07-21-2004, 11:34 AM
Cool. Can you post your email address and I'll get back to you with more details.

If someone else knows how to change the video in the main menu then please contact me or post here if you're interested.

-Blaster
 Ockniel
07-22-2004, 5:19 AM
yeah sure,

ahnil8tor03@cs.com

there ya go, hope to hear from ya :cool:
 Zanatio
07-23-2004, 6:25 AM
To change the menus you gotta mess around with the .menu files in the /ui directory of assests1.pk3. I've been doing a lot of that myself recently, and have found it's not all that difficult to change stuff. I'll post a screenshot of my main menu when I get home today, if you like, and I'd be glad to help you out with your menus if I can.
 Blaster
07-23-2004, 10:36 AM
Yeah that would be great. Of course I would try to do my own but I felt it would be better for someone else to do it as I am busy finishing off my levels.

The main thing I need to do with the menus is either get rid of the movie in the middle or change it to switch and fade in and out between different screenshots.

If you know how to do this let me know. Looking forward to seeing the screenshot!

-Blaster
 Zanatio
07-23-2004, 10:55 AM
I'll post the screenie in, oh, 5 hours or so. If you like what you see, or you want some changes made, let me know and I'll do them for you, then send you the .menu file.
 Zanatio
07-23-2004, 3:50 PM
OK, here is the screenie I promised:

http://www.massassi.net/ec/images/14647.jpg)

Altering the actual .menu file was actually quite easy. It was just a matter of figuring out what command did what, and then taking out the things I didn't want, such as the centre video. Figuring out the colors took a little longer, but I've worked out how they work now, too.

I know you said that you wanted to try and replace the centre video, and for that I think you might need another video file, or something along those lines :)
 Blaster
07-24-2004, 2:01 PM
Yeah thats good! I might make up a background image and then you can put it together for me. Could make those lines dark purple and then the text red or vice versa. As for the Star Wars logo thing I can do the same, make the image and then give it to you to put it together.

Did you change the other screens such as the options menu?
 Zanatio
07-24-2004, 4:58 PM
Yep, all the menus look pretty much the same.

Send the stuff my way, tell me exactly what you want, and I'll try and sort it out for you.

My e-mail is zanatio@hotmail.com
 Blaster
07-25-2004, 7:24 AM
I've sent the email with the images. Let me know if there are any questions or problems.

I'll allow you to put it together yourself and then we can go from there.
Page: 1 of 1