Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Bush is an idiot

Page: 1 of 1
 darth_kuat
07-17-2004, 2:42 PM
The jerk has caused more damage to America than Clinton ever could. Any fool who supports this creep is a partisan stooge.
 Ray Jones
07-17-2004, 3:46 PM
err.. pardon?
 El Sitherino
07-17-2004, 4:33 PM
... as much as I dislike Bush, this is just stupid.
 SkinWalker
07-17-2004, 5:06 PM
I don't necessarily disagree with your statement that Bush is an idiot if we're talking about the colloquial sense of the word and not the literal, since "idiot" refers to someone of less than 70 IQ. Clearly, Bush's IQ is higher than this. Perhaps as high as 90. :cool:

However, I'd like to see why you think he's a colloquial "idiot." Wouldn't that make for a more interesting thread? Indeed, you might consider reading the to ensure that the topic hasn't already been covered ad nauseum or to elaborate on some point made there. Don't overlook the parent thread of that one either, [url=http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=118650]George) W. Bush: Pros & Cons (Part I). (]George W. Bush: Pros & Cons (Part II)[/url)

For this thread to continue, it'll need to focus on Bush as an "Idiot," or a person of subnormal intelligence. (http://www.cogsci.princeton.edu/cgi-bin/webwn?stage=1&word=idiot) Counter-arguments are welcome, but first I would suggest that the initial statement that "Bush is an idiot" be supported.

Ironically, the etymology of the word idiot (http://www.bootlegbooks.com/Reference/PhraseAndFable/data/643.html) is from the Greek expressions "a priest or an idiot" (layman), "a poet or an idiot" (prose-writer), and originally meant a private person or one not engaged in public office. So "Bush is an idiot" could be construed as an accurate assessment if one could demonstrate that he is not engaged appropriately in his elected position or that he is really a layman who's bitten off far more than he can chew.

Moderator note: I deleted your (darth_kuat) other two posts for two reasons. 1) they were redundant and you started an entire thread on the subject; 2) at least one, if not both, didn't relate enough to the topic of the threads they were in. If you have a problem with this, please PM me.
-- SkinWalker
 darth_kuat
07-17-2004, 11:16 PM
"There's an old saying in Tennessee -- I know it's in Texas, probably in Tennessee -- that says fool me once... shame on... shame on you. Uh... fool me, you can't get fooled again."
-- George W. Bush

You're right Dumbya, we won't be fooled again!

KERRY/EDWARDS 2004!
 toms
07-21-2004, 12:39 PM
did you just watch F9/11 by any chance?

Don't underestimate bush, his advisors are a lot more intelligent than he may appear...:D
 TheHobGoblin
07-24-2004, 3:05 PM
The phrase "Bush is an idiot" is no where near an arguement. Please raise the intelligence in your arguement above Whoopi Goldberg's level :rolleyes:. Also He didn't cause any damage. Insane Terrorist did, and I'm not talking about physical damage. It set the economy out of whack. It's been having trouble recovering. But something I notice is how Kerry conviently supports the war when it helps him get votes, but later goes against it.
 C'jais
07-25-2004, 9:04 AM
I'm gonna close this puppy before it turns into yet another train wreck. Use the other existing "Bush vs Kerry" threads for slamming him. And do try to use more sound arguments.
Page: 1 of 1