Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Guns appear by a switch, only spawning once..

Page: 1 of 1
 EvilJedi
07-16-2004, 6:53 PM
I have a type of "shop" in my map where you can press a button and a gun appears. I want to make it so that:

1) The gun can spawn infinite times
2) The gun will ONLY appear if the button is pressed, if it is picked up, it will not respawn until the button is pressed again.

I added the key wait and a value of -1 to the gun, so that it will not respawn, but the gun only spawns once when I press the button. What is the key to have it spawneable infinite times for guns? It's count -1 for NPCs, but the count is ammo for the guns, so what do i do?
 *Dark
07-17-2004, 5:17 AM
i am only guessing here, but try changing the wait to 3600 or something high. thet could allow the gun to respawn, but it will no respawn till you trigger it (because wait of 3600 = 1 hour). tell me if this works
 EvilJedi
07-18-2004, 3:06 AM
Didn't work... Any other ideas???
 [ASJN] Balboa
08-14-2004, 10:53 PM
i put a vending machine that dispense bacta in my map :D

basically, make a triggermultiple for the button, and have it target the item, and give it a wait of something reasonable like 30 or something for 30 seconds. now select the item and give it a wait of -1. i looked up item_*** and it said that items with a wait of -1 spawn only when activated so thats what you should do. just make sure the trigger has a wait of 10 or 30
 SMoKE
08-16-2004, 7:27 AM
I'm not sure on this one, but if you try to make a trigger_multiple, a target_give and a weapon_blaster (f. eg.) and connect the trigger_multiple to the target_give, and then connect the target_give o the weapon_blaster...

I haven't tried this, but it's worth a shot:)
 atoatoato
08-16-2004, 12:58 PM
Target_Give(s) only work in SP (i heard somewhere)
 acdcfanbill
08-18-2004, 6:07 PM
yea, i havent seen any target_gives work in mp yet.
 EvilJedi
08-18-2004, 6:12 PM
Lol my map is already done. This thread is so old.. Even if target_give worked in MP I wouldn't be able to use it in my map anyway. The shopkeeper doesn't need the guns, its the buyers :P

And balboa, read what I said here:

I added the key wait and a value of -1 to the gun, so that it will not respawn, but the gun only spawns once when I press the button. What is the key to have it spawneable infinite times for guns? It's count -1 for NPCs, but the count is ammo for the guns, so what do i do?
Page: 1 of 1