Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Some scripting stuff

Page: 1 of 1
 shukrallah
07-14-2004, 4:53 PM
I have a few basic questions, that I *should* know the answere to, but find myself not knowing :-\

I always assumed you could put 'Usescript' in a func_breakable (you know, so I could break something and it triggers a script...) for example, I cut a beam down (the func_breakable) which then runs the script that tells part of the ceiling to fall down. Basically, I want to know how to break something, then trigger a script.

Also, could some one explain camera groups? It makes a camera follow an entity right? Like if I want Kyle to run down a hallway, the camera would follow him right? I want to set something like that up.

Thanks!
 lassev
07-14-2004, 7:47 PM
Well, did you assume right? Does the script launch? If it didn't, then just target the func_breakable to a scriptrunner. What's the difference, really...

Use camera_groups by affecting something, either NPC or entity, and use the command set_camera_group("cameragroupname"). Notice that the camera_group_name has nothing to do with any targetnames you set in Radiant. It's just scripting. After this, you can use the follow camera command to follow any set camera group.

Camera group follow doesn't move the camera, it only sets the PAN to the entity, and if the entity moves, it follows by updating the PAN. Quite logically, if you set the follow camera command, and you move the camera, the camera will stay centered on the target. That's just as useful as the stationary camera and moving target.
 shukrallah
07-15-2004, 9:55 AM
Ok, I think I get the camera group thing. About the func_breakable, I dont think the script ran... I might have messed up though. Probably a spelling error.
Page: 1 of 1