Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Future of this Forum???

Page: 1 of 1
 Colma Adawin
07-10-2004, 1:16 PM
Greetings all!!

i've just started to notice that this Forum has begun to, die off, as in no-ones on here as much as they used to, and dont want to help other ppl as often as they did before, becoz of reasons which only they know, but i was also wondering,

WILL THIS FORUM BE USED FOR KNIGHTS OF THE OLD REPUBLIC 2: SITH LORDS? PLEASE TELL IF YOU KNOW!!!!!!!!

i know this shouldn't be here as its got nothing to do with mods but, this particular Forum is, like my second home, ppl who know what im on about and i can talk freely to, in regards to Star Wars. IF this forum is not used for KotOR 2 I will be Proud to know this forum and its members, and to be proud to be apart of it. (and if its not used could you tell me where the KotOR 2 forum will be held, please :))

I hope this is just a phase this forum is going through as i would be saddened to see it go, i know some will see me as a sad Star Wars fanatic, whos got no social life but i really like this forum, you can kind of say, i love it :D but whatever you think, i will always enjoy being apart of this forum.

MattCole :(
 wingzro
07-10-2004, 1:21 PM
it'll probably be split into the games.
 Darth_ToMeR
07-10-2004, 3:38 PM
I think Lucas will open new forum for Kotor2. After all it's 2 different games.
 Colma Adawin
07-10-2004, 4:03 PM
Originally posted by Darth_ToMeR
I think Lucas will open new forum for Kotor2. After all it's 2 different games.

true they are 2 different games but they are basicly the same, and i didn't know Lucas opened this forum, so we could've got there permission for a mod then!!! (a thread ages ago, ppl had a go at me for suggesting we get in contact with Lucas) why not keep this forum and just put either K1 (KotOR 1) or K2 (KotOR 2) at the start of the name for the thread,

example

K1 / Future of this Forum???

or

K2 / got a problem (made up, but someone will do it)

and if there is going to be a new forum, will our names, avatars, sigs and info be transferred to this new forum?!?

MattCole
 Doom_Dealer
07-10-2004, 4:19 PM
Your name/sig etc. applies to all of LucasForums i think, so ye, you should keep them.

anyway, calm down. The reason the forum is slacking off abit is because people are getting slightly tired of modding the game, theres not much more we can do with it and we're beggining to exhaust most ideas, what we can do has been already been made many times therefore very few new mods seem original, also, alot of the main modders have pretty much gone, i.e. GU TK etc. etc. and i wont be staying much longer, but dont worry. Im sure they'll be back for KOTOR2, in the meen time, just go find another game to mod until KOTOR2 :)
 Darth_ToMeR
07-10-2004, 4:38 PM
Originally posted by MattColejk
true they are 2 different games but they are basicly the same, and i didn't know Lucas opened this forum, so we could've got there permission for a mod then!!! (a thread ages ago, ppl had a go at me for suggesting we get in contact with Lucas) why not keep this forum and just put either K1 (KotOR 1) or K2 (KotOR 2) at the start of the name for the thread,

example

K1 / Future of this Forum???

or

K2 / got a problem (made up, but someone will do it)

and if there is going to be a new forum, will our names, avatars, sigs and info be transferred to this new forum?!?

MattCole
They will open new forum, like they did with all the Jedi Knight series. And Doom Dealer is right, we don't have what to mod anymore.
 Jackel
07-10-2004, 5:12 PM
Originally posted by Doom_Dealer
alot of the main modders have pretty much gone, i.e. GU TK etc. etc. and i wont be staying much longer,

Ditto , im pretty much bored with modding now , im posting in a few threads here and there but pretty much not posting in most of them
 Mav
07-10-2004, 5:24 PM
Hey Matt there really is no need to worry because KotOR 2 should be out soon enough, and everyone will most likely be back. Not to mention I hear that KotOR 2 will be using the same game engine or whatever so we should be able to use similar tools to mod KotOR 2 so we will probably start of really quick when KotOR 2 does come out.
 StormTrooper789
07-10-2004, 5:36 PM
These forums wouldn't even be close to dying if Bioware released a toolkit!
 T7nowhere
07-10-2004, 5:48 PM
I think this Forum will be fine for Sith Lords. By the time sith lords comes out Im sure only a few people would still be interested in Modding KotOR. I know I'll be putting all of my efforts into modding Sith lords, but that is still about 7 months away so there is lots of time to learn how to mod KotOR. Fine tune your skills so that you will be ready to Mod Sith lords.

From what I have learned Most of what has been learned about Modding KotOR will be applicable to Sith Lords. However it is inevitable that People will get bored.

I myself have not produced much aside from Holowan Plug-in. I think I have enjoyed Learnig how to mod and helping others get started more than makeing one mod after another. I think one of the reasons that there has not been as much help being given out is becuase Most of what is being asked about has been documented before. It can get tireing retyping the same answers over and over and over agian ;)

I think you are correct Matt that many of HL users that have been
using this forum are simply getting into other games. Im certain though that everyone that has used Holowan will return for the modding challenges that Sith Lords will present ;)
 Achilles
07-10-2004, 6:25 PM
Originally posted by T7nowhere
From what I have learned Most of what has been learned about Modding KotOR will be applicable to Sith Lords. However it is inevitable that People will get bored.

I myself have not produced much aside from Holowan Plug-in. I think I have enjoyed Learnig how to mod and helping others get started more than makeing one mod after another. I think one of the reasons that there has not been as much help being given out is becuase Most of what is being asked about has been documented before. It can get tireing retyping the same answers over and over and over agian ;)

I think you are correct Matt that many of HL users that have been
using this forum are simply getting into other games. Im certain though that everyone that has used Holowan will return for the modding challenges that Sith Lords will present ;)

Agreed. I still enjoy modding KotOR, however with the exception of mods like the Hardcore Mod or Elite Force, new areas like the Ebon Hawk Basement, and exciting new skins like the movie robes/Prestige class robes there isn't much that interests me. I think it's great that so many people are getting into modding the game, however all of the overkill lightsabers are beginning to look the same.
 Colma Adawin
07-10-2004, 6:32 PM
I think this Forum will be fine for Sith Lords.

Excellent...

I know I'll be putting all of my efforts into modding Sith lords

hope to see loads from you T7Nowhere and the rest of you :P

Fine tune your skills so that you will be ready to Mod Sith lords.

YOU LOT HEAR THAT!!:P you could still mod from time to time :P

that would be a GREAT shame i love seeing the different ppl's mods, it gave the game Veriaty :(

I myself have not produced much aside from Holowan Plug-in.

and we ALL thank you for that :)

I think one of the reasons that there has not been as much help being given out is becuase Most of what is being asked about has been documented before. It can get tireing retyping the same answers over and over and over again

then let me do it!!! i need the postes (i wish to achieve the Rank of Jedi Master!!! :D)

I think you are correct Matt that many of HL users that have been using this forum are simply getting into other games. Im certain though that everyone that has used Holowan will return for the modding challenges that Sith Lords will present

how can someone get bored of KotOR or Holowan?!?! but i will be happy once ppl return with new ideas for either KotOR 1 or KotOR 2 [smiles with pride]

Your name/sig etc. applies to all of LucasForums i think, so ye, you should keep them.

thats good i can keep my stats and still acheive the rank of Jedi Master!! :D

what we can do has been already been made many times therefore very few new mods seem original, also, alot of the main modders have pretty much gone, i.e. GU TK etc. etc. and i wont be staying much longer, but dont worry. Im sure they'll be back for KOTOR2, in the meen time, just go find another game to mod until KOTOR2

possibly true, if this is true, then obviasly we need to get easier access to the mods or find a site which everyone can get ahold of. (ArmyJC was unable to get to PCGM so he used his RealPlayer browser to find it and it worked that way :)) and if the mods are constanly requested maybe we should put in the RULES AND ETTICATE sticky that you must first search for the mod before creating a thread. so thats it, you cant come up with ideas for mods so you quit!?! then return once a newer version comes out?! why not ask the newer members, see what they have in there heads?! they've probably got thousands of mod ideas you could complete?! i know this becoz we've got some at Infinite Empires and we've got some really good ideas from them :)
in no way is this targeted at you, i'm just worried about Holowan, thats all, sorry if i've offened you Doom_Dealer.

They will open new forum, like they did with all the Jedi Knight series.

i hope that NEVER HAPPENS TO HOLOWAN, i will never forget this gr8 place :D i've learnt alot here, though it may not be about modding i've certainly learnt alot here.

Originally posted by maverick187
Hey Matt there really is no need to worry because KotOR 2 should be out soon enough, and everyone will most likely be back. Not to mention I hear that KotOR 2 will be using the same game engine or whatever so we should be able to use similar tools to mod KotOR 2 so we will probably start of really quick when KotOR 2 does come out.

yeah but saying that ppl may think, " oh just copy the mods we made for KotOR 1 and send them to KotOR 2" then they will be saying oh theres nothing to mod anymore, i hope they dont do that.

Originally posted by Jackel
Ditto, im pretty much bored with modding now, im posting in a few threads here and there but pretty much not posting in most of them

you sound as if you really dont care what you do in Holowan anymore :( thats depressing :( i thought you enjoyed your time here, if you did this messege doesnt express it :( will you be coming back to Mod KotOR 2?

MattCole

PS thank you for replying and giving your views

and to anyone who i may have offened, please, dont take it personally, i never mean it ever since that Grifman incedent, if i have managed to offened you in ANY way, please accept my Sincerest apoligy (ah you thought i was going to say Humble apoligy hehe)
 Darth_ToMeR
07-10-2004, 6:49 PM
quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
They will open new forum, like they did with all the Jedi Knight series.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

i hope that NEVER HAPPENS TO HOLOWAN, i will never forget this gr8 place i've learnt alot here, though it may not be about modding i've certainly learnt alot here.

You don't need to worry, even if they will open new forum, most of the ppl here will be there with new guys.
This forum will not be active (i mean, no one will post here) but Kotor 2 forums will be Active.
It will be the same forums, just other name. Even with the same design.
 svцsh
07-10-2004, 7:18 PM
I think it's quiet now because it's Summer time for most of us and a lot of people are not sitting at there computers all the time cough * like me , ;) Anyways I think that if you leave now , the best is yet to come. A few of us don’t have time to check in at the forum because we are busy building models for this great game, I currently have a new sword, and mask not only a fixed vacuum mask but a brand new mask nothing from the movies, T7 has some goodies in the works as well but he can tell you all when he releases them. I’m working on a full jedi cloak with hood I just started last night the model is coming along nicely.

svцsh
 Mav
07-10-2004, 7:22 PM
The answer to this all your worrying Matt is simple, don't worry, be happy come seven months from now or whenever KotOR 2 comes out everyone will be back, so don't worry about it. Although some of the "big" modders aren't actively modding anymore, most likely they check in now and then, at least that's what I'll be doing until KotOR 2 comes out, just check in every now and then.

Edit: svцsh just gave me a reason to come check in everyday...lol
 Darth_ToMeR
07-10-2004, 7:28 PM
Originally posted by svцsh
I think it's quiet now because it's Summer time for most of us and a lot of people are not sitting at there computers all the time cough * like me , ;) Anyways I think that if you leave now , the best is yet to come. A few of us don’t have time to check in at the forum because we are busy building models for this great game, I currently have a new sword, and mask not only a fixed vacuum mask but a brand new mask nothing from the movies, T7 has some goodies in the works as well but he can tell you all when he releases them. I’m working on a full jedi cloak with hood I just started last night the model is coming along nicely.

svцsh Can you give us some screenshots?
Jahahaa I changed avatar
 StormTrooper789
07-10-2004, 11:40 PM
KOTOR itself and modding is getting old, although I may just make level mod like upper-city taris and jedi enclave full of enemies. I only put the *.git in the Override.

Since I'm getting tired of this game I'm moving on to HomeWorld 2 modding, which I highly enjoy.
 tk102
07-11-2004, 1:05 AM
MattColejk posted:
i need the postes (i wish to achieve the Rank of Jedi Master!!!Here's a more important goal for you Matt -- learn how to mod -- you say yourself that you don't know how. i will never forget this gr8 place i've learnt alot here, though it may not be about modding i've certainly learnt alot here Then you've completely missed the whole purpose of this forum which is HOW TO MOD KOTOR...

if i have managed to offened you in ANY way, please accept my Sincerest apoligy (ah you thought i was going to say Humble apoligy hehe) Actually I was hoping you would spell apology correctly.:o
 Mav
07-11-2004, 1:21 AM
I completely agree with you tk102, I mean when I first came here all I wanted to do was find a couple of mods to download for my KotOR game, but I decided that this place gave me the perfect opportunity to learn how to mod. Sure maybe all I can do is simple .uti editing and retexturing of armors and weapons, and maybe I still don't understand how to do scripting, but I know that I can at least make some things for others to use, which is a lot more important to me than getting enough posts so that it says Jedi Master next to my little avatar thingy. I do post quite a bit, but most of my posts are answering questions, giving feedback, or announcing the release of something, not mere chit chat. Surely if everyone who came to this forum actually tried to learn how to mod then we would most likely see a lot more positive things. I may not be making any more mods for now, but I'm still trying to learn things about modding, next thing on my list ... scripting.
 Colma Adawin
07-11-2004, 2:52 AM
Originally posted by tk102
Here's a more important goal for you Matt -- learn how to mod -- you say yourself that you don't know how. Then you've completely missed the whole purpose of this forum which is HOW TO MOD KOTOR...

Actually I was hoping you would spell apology correctly.:o

there was no need for that, i was only kidding, :( what did i do to deserve the disrespect from you?! and i am ACTULLY learnin to mod thank you VERY much :(

Originally posted by maverick187
I completely agree with you tk102, I mean when I first came here all I wanted to do was find a couple of mods to download for my KotOR game, but I decided that this place gave me the perfect opportunity to learn how to mod. Sure maybe all I can do is simple .uti editing and retexturing of armors and weapons, and maybe I still don't understand how to do scripting, but I know that I can at least make some things for others to use, which is a lot more important to me than getting enough posts so that it says Jedi Master next to my little avatar thingy. I do post quite a bit, but most of my posts are answering questions, giving feedback, or announcing the release of something, not mere chit chat. Surely if everyone who came to this forum actually tried to learn how to mod then we would most likely see a lot more positive things. I may not be making any more mods for now, but I'm still trying to learn things about modding, next thing on my list ... scripting.

and whats up with you, the Jedi Master thing WAS A JOKE!?! :( have i been rejected due to one little joke ? :(:(

and Svosh, you may be happy or sad to know, im NEVER leaving this forum, (until i've played and completed KotOR 2 :D)

MattCole
 Doc Valentine
07-11-2004, 3:24 AM
[Statement] I personally think that Fred is the answer to all our problems. I mean look at what he has done. He is by far the most amazing modder I have ever seen. He built the tools that we use for a major part of our modding today. And I am still flabbergasted to know that he is making his OWN TOOLSET! Our biggest disappointment with KOTOR was the lack of toolset and here comes Fred showing us that we can truly do anything. I think that his Module editor will bring everyone back to modding. Lets not give up just yet.;)
 svцsh
07-11-2004, 4:26 AM
Well matt I’m happy you are learning to mod the more the merrier, all I ‘m trying to say is lets not throw in the towel here guys / and girls ;) We have just got model’s cracked with limitations that we are working our buts off to get working All thanks to cchargin’s tireless efforts, I’m talking about new models in the game that work!!!!!!!!

This is what many people have wanted a along and now it’s with in our grasp, many of you disappoint me with the negative vibe I’m hearing. :eyes8:

I say hell no Hl is not fading away it’s just the calm before the storm :lightning
So everyone heads up because new mods / models are coming soon !

svцsh
 Achilles
07-11-2004, 4:40 AM
Originally posted by svцsh
This is what many people have wanted a along and now it’s with in our grasp, many of you disappoint me with the negative vibe I’m hearing. :eyes8:
svцsh

It must be the heat. Everyone seems a lot more aggitated lately =)
 Doom_Dealer
07-11-2004, 6:11 AM
I don't think people are getting aggitated, just people are misunderstanding the meaning of what some people are saying, e.g. Matt you never actually have offended me yet you always seem to think you do.

Anyway, im going to offer a differant view on the fact kotor2 uses the same engine as kotor1. Yes, it will allow us to use the same tools to do all the type of mods we have done before, but it does not remove that problem of the limitations,
we have agreed that ideas are getting short and this may apply to kotor2 aswell, it may not be as impressive to see the same skin but graphically enhanced as it was when we first set eyes on it. Also, the same engine means the same model problems, we've come along way since we first thought models 'could never be done' but it looks very doutful we'll ever get to new areas due to these .wok files which no1 knows wtf they are. I will be back for KOTOR2 but for how long i stay will depend on the tools availible, we can only hope that Obsidian are nicer than Bioware.

But, a good point about it using the same engine may allow us to take models from KOTOR1 and put them in KOTOR2 and possible vice-versa, but we'll see.

anyway, i might do a holowspire v.3 but im not really certain its worth it anymore, any ideas, PM me
 RedHawke
07-11-2004, 7:56 AM
there was no need for that, i was only kidding, :( what did i do to deserve the disrespect from you?!

Matt, honestly... TK102 has a valid point in what he said, he could have said it a little more deftly, but that is how he chose to say it.

and i am ACTULLY learnin to mod thank you VERY much :(

That's good Matt, I can't wait to see what you are going to release.

and whats up with you, the Jedi Master thing WAS A JOKE!?! :( have i been rejected due to one little joke ? :(:(

Rejected NO, but a Joke, I don't believe it WAS a Joke Matt, you have expressed an intrest in your post count in the past, and it seems to mean alot more to you than it does to the others here.

Here's what I mean Matt, you posted this in the Mod Request Thread a while ago, then later on edited it out, but T7 preserved it in his post on that same thread, page 7;

Originally posted by MattColejk to T7nowhere
if you clean this thread up, would we lose some of our post 'points'? eg.
(becoz i've worked really hard to get to where i am today, i think)

And a quicker second example again in this Topic your second post;

Post count isn't everything Matt, it is what you post, and how useful it is to others. In the beginning of your posting here I saw a lot of your posts that should have simply contained "+1". Then after you settled in you got really helpful to a lot of the newer users, found yourself a niche on the forum, and the +1 Posts were less and less.

Now look at a poster like Cchargin for example, less than 50 posts, yet if Cchargin posts something I, and probably a slew of others here, look at what he posts with great intrest, because of what Cchargin has accomplished, not because of his post count.

*Looks down at my feet and realize I'm standing on a soapbox, DRAT!*

I am sorry if I have offended you with what I have posted Matt, that was not my intention, you are a good guy Matt, and I think your heart is in the right place, but what Tk, Mav, and I have said is something I sincerely hope you will think about for the future.

*Steps down off of soapbox*

And Svцsh I can't wait to see what you are up to! :D

[Taris Annoncer Voice]
Could a flowing Revan's cape be in our future... We'll just have to watch and see!
[/Taris Annoncer Voice]
 Darth333
07-11-2004, 10:05 AM
and i am ACTULLY learnin to mod thank you VERY much :( then let's get your mod finish *cough * *cough* ;) and get some practice for KotOR 2 (BTW, this applies to everyone: the more you learn here, the better mods you will be able to make)
 jrc24
07-11-2004, 12:24 PM
I think this forum is in fine fettle !

I m not here for a long time but many people help me very well

thanks to :

Redhawke
cchargin
T7nowhere
Mono_Giganto
waterhammer

special thanks to :

tk102
darth333

and I think this forum will continue to be active with kotor 2
 Darth333
07-11-2004, 12:51 PM
And we are glad to have you onboard jrc24 :)
Page: 1 of 1