Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Spawning Jadun in sp

Page: 1 of 1
 Bell
07-08-2004, 2:13 AM
Greetings,
much to my chagrin the search doesn't give any topics on this..might be broken. anways......

how in sp can i have the game spawn a jadun for cins that is the same as the player configures in the game menu?

if that isn't possible and i'm only limited to one, how would i set it up so the player only gets one choice of character; the same as what will be spawned for cins.

lassev
07-08-2004, 6:07 AM
NPC_player. It's always the same as the player.

It's also possible to force a playermodel, should your SP campaign need to tell the story of a specific person. There exists also a tutorial on the matter, for it's not as simple as in JO, albeit it's not hard either, and could be considered but a little bypath in your other toil at text file editing.
 Bell
07-08-2004, 1:55 PM
thanks lassev :) i'll play with around with it to see if i can get it to work.

btw i love your corelia mods. they ring of the campy/cultish genre of art that just might end up developing a following. I hope you continue with them cuz i'm anxiosly waiting the next chapter. hell might turn into a series...got a web addy for it?
 Bell
07-08-2004, 2:05 PM
hmm....i couldn't find NPC_player in the npc menu....i typed it into the parameters in gtk but nothing spawned....any thoughts?
 lassev
07-08-2004, 5:50 PM
Originally posted by Bell
btw i love your corelia mods. they ring of the campy/cultish genre of art that just might end up developing a following. I hope you continue with them cuz i'm anxiosly waiting the next chapter. hell might turn into a series...got a web addy for it?
Hmm. Well, the Team Corellia is Kengo's project, and I didn't really do anything but one map for the very first part, and then some slight skin modifications and such. The manuscript is Kengo's (for most parts, I imagine) and the whole idea. All the chapters after Part 1 are fully mapped by Kengo. So, I can claim but little credit here...

Originally posted by Bell
hmm....i couldn't find NPC_player in the npc menu....i typed it into the parameters in gtk but nothing spawned....any thoughts?
That's strange. It should be there, in the NPC menu. Scroll down a little bit (unless you are using some uber resolution). If it's not there, there's certainly something wrong with your Radiant installation or something. I don't know if it's present in MP, so check your project options also (if the menus are affected by that. I don't know since I only map SP... ;) ).
 Bell
07-09-2004, 1:11 AM
ah ok thats good to know i'll send my kudo's to kengo :)

ok i have gtk radiant so i'll hunt down the issue thanks for the help
Page: 1 of 1